Author Topic: December 20, 2004 - To President Bush  (Read 667 times)

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
December 20, 2004 - To President Bush
« on: December 20, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
December 20, 2004

To President Bush,

I am absolutely stunned that Time Magazine would name you person of the year.  That is because you do not merit any such honor only our collective condemnation.  I have written them of my outrage already for choosing you, Pres. Bush.  I suggested to them that they name at least one soldier who died because you lied to our country, our congress, the world and to these soldier's families why we engaged in a war we had no business fighting.  Any publication that would name as their person of the year who systematically murdered an estimated 100,000 INNOCENT Iraqi citizens should be met with an equal amount of condemnation.

In my letter to Time Magazine here is a response to them addressing an observation made by them, "he relishes that some people dislike him." For a man who wanted to unite the country instead of dividing it, it seems that he is proud of being disliked by half of America.  But, I would use a more stronger term to reflect the feelings of those who oppose him and replace dislike with hate.  Just look at how he is met overseas when he visits to know this to be true.  Look at the many protests that meet him as he travels this country to know this to be true, where those who protest him are put into pens far away from him." In my opinion, a president should want only the approval of the American people and not 'relish' the opposite.  Being liked by the American people is not a sign of weakness.  What it does show is that the president has the collective support of many Americans.  Where we are truly a united country.  But in these last few years you have done everything to make us a divided country.

As we come upon Christmas Day where we who are Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my thoughts and prayers are with those families whose sons and daughters are no longer with them because you sacrificed their lives for greed and power.  Something that Christ himself would abhor and condemn.  You violated many of the Ten Commandments and sent these men and women to their untimely deaths.  You took away someone's father, mother, brother or sister in what is supposed to be a joyous time of year and for that, I cannot forgive you.  It is my opinion that God would never forgive you for that.  So, instead of opening up presents under the tree on Christmas morning, they are buried six feet under and that is on you, Pres. Bush.  In my opinion, you are not a Christian.

As we come upon Christmas Day, my thoughts and prayers are also with the millions of Americans who are poor and powerless knowing that their president cares nothing for them at all.  Perhaps, Time Magazine should have chosen one of them instead.  Millions of Americans are facing dire situations where their president does not give a damn, but for the grace of God live their life in honesty and with some shred of dignity.  That is to be honored. Those are the people that Christ surrounded himself with.  He did not surround himself with people like you.  If Time Magazine were to choose a homeless man, woman or family, that would be commendable.  They would be at least acknowledging the lives of many you just never hear of on the six o'clock news or in publications such as theirs.  I also wonder just how many children are going without a roof over their heads due to your many policies?  Perhaps, they can use publications such as Time Magazine as a form of bedding to insulate their bodies from the cold.  God's children deserve much more than what you have given them.

I also think of the many children that you have murdered in Iraq and my heart goes out to every single one of them.  They did not deserve to die, Pres. Bush, but to grow up like my children are, going to school, playing and taking part in any celebration along with their families.

How Time Magazine can honor a man like you is beyond me.  All I know is when I am at any check out line seeing your picture on their publication, my only reaction will be revulsion and not praise.

Mary MacElveen
Sound Beach, NY 11789

PS:  While you may not read this letter personally, to the White House staffer that does, this letter is being circulated around the Internet and sent to Time Magazine.

SOURCE: alt.politics.usa.constitution
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
Support a NEW National Campaign !
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 04:34:20 PM »
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero