Author Topic: New revelations in attack on American spy ship (October 2, 2007 )  (Read 10623 times)

Offline grizzle

• Group Major
    • View Profile
Re: New revelations in attack on American spy ship (October 2, 2007 )
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
I'm more interested in high-frontier weapons and transhumanist technology myself, as to the fight.  I'm not doing too badly with it, especially considering what I have to work with.
"Yes I know, science fiction...but actually, science fact." - Vincent Price in Scream and Scream Again

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 07:18:36 PM »
Whatever legs grow in your concept, make it your's and able to be cloned by another.
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline grizzle

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 07:29:50 PM »
I have criteria - Quick, easy, cheap, effective, simple. I have abandoned the idea of "safe" as we are past that anyway.
"Yes I know, science fiction...but actually, science fact." - Vincent Price in Scream and Scream Again

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »
Good deal.
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Zampan0

• Group Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »
i have found a forum bereft of ass-holes like you.  i probably will fuck off.   i read some of your posts....  you might be in the correct place.  it's too bad, NOLAJBS is a good guy. 
Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
i have found a forum bereft of ass-holes like you.

my advice to you, when you get to this new forum, is try to remain positive...talking about how the place "just doesnt stack up" after less than ten posts will surely draw the "ass-holes" out of the woodwork.

good luck in your future endeavors. we will try to muddle on without you.

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:53 PM »
i have found a forum bereft of ass-holes like you.  i probably will fuck off.   i read some of your posts....  you might be in the correct place.  it's too bad, NOLAJBS is a good guy. 

WHAAAAATEVER.

Away with you, fool!

If you are a friend of the owner, have him PM me.

Otherwise, away with you, NOW!!!
"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »

Look, we've been through an awful lot here x 2. Long time posters take offense to insults from newbies simply because of the track record newbies have had when they show up and cause trouble. Our kindness has been mistaken for a weakness one too many times.

We will never be another LF, which is probably the reason many fled here (more than once) when LF came back on life support. However, I believe that we're very unique. The flags module, for example, was brought here specifically for LF'ers. No other forum has that to my knowledge. We've pretty much customized this forum with the best features of others and we will continue to do so. If you do decide to stay, we can help you develop thicker skin. You may even get to ride a bull at the next rodeo. You can sharpen our irons too. If you leave, I'd rather you leave on a good note.

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:25 PM »
the longer liberty forum remains offline, the better its going to get.

expect to see it grow to "paul bunyan"-like proportions. people love a legend.

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 09:12:20 PM »
expect to see it grow to "paul bunyan"-like proportions. people love a legend.
It won't get there without growing pains.

Offline jack4400

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 01:35:21 AM »
I too hope Zampan0 gives the forum a chance. But I must add that you don`t have to be newbie to be attacked by a `long time poster`, and one seemly overtaken by a paranoid delusional manic attack, demanding that you leave the forum, and doing so over several posts. And all of it triggered not by an insult of anyone, but by a short post with a legitimate question in it addressed to another member. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:00:54 AM by jack4400 »

Offline dean_saor

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 01:56:55 AM »
It won't get there without growing pains.

Indigestion? Wind?  ;D
Cha do dhùin doras nach d'fhosgail doras eile;
No door shut but another door opened

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
what you did was wrong.

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »
I too hope Zampan0 gives the forum a chance. But I must add that you don`t have to be newbie to be attacked by a `long time poster`, and one seemly overtaken by a paranoid delusional manic attack, demanding that you leave the forum, and doing so over several posts. And all of it triggered not by an insult of anyone, but by a short post with a legitimate question in it addressed to another member. 

Mmm...k, let us examine all this, ZampanO's posts: (the first one on this thread has no relevance to my subsequent reply).

i thought it was the 5 star furher that has the problem with lf'r's. i like what you are doing here, but it doesn't stack up to lF on the whole.

Here the individual in question refers to a "5 star furher". Whom is the individual referring to? Perhaps me? I have no idea. I have not previously, to the best of my knowledge, ever interacted with this individual.
The poster goes on to state that this place does not measure up to Liberty Forum. In most cases, when one is unhappy with their surroundings, they move elsewhere. Let alone that this individual has not even 9 posts since their arrival, and is already criticizing the place.

i have found a forum bereft of ass-holes like you.  i probably will fuck off.   i read some of your posts....  you might be in the correct place.  it's too bad, NOLAJBS is a good guy

Now I am an asshole. I guess that this is better than being an asshat. And the individual has found a forum "bereft of ass-holes". The poster has forgotten, or never realized, that in a world without assholes everyone would be full of shit. Then I am told that the poster has read my posts, and that I am in the right place. What is this supposed to mean? Then the poster invokes the name of the owner, implying some sort of personal relationship and inside information. However, this does not seem to hold water, as the owner did not get involved in support of the poster in question.

Now to you, jack 4400.

But I must add that you don`t have to be newbie to be attacked by a `long time poster`,

Have I attacked you when you have appeared here under a different identity? Possibly, what what can one expect, if you change your sock puppets so often?

and one seemly overtaken by a paranoid delusional manic attack,

If you only knew me in RL.

LOL!!

I was actually being much nicer to the poster than I treat most people who try to screw me around in my line of business. And my employers LOVE it.
They refer to me as a pit bull when I am taking care of things for them!!

and doing so over several posts

How many posts, actually, does one have to make for it to be "several"?
Does two constitute 'several' in your present time/space continuum?

demanding that you leave the forum

I did not demand that the poster leave the forum. I told the poster to FUCK OFF, if the poster was unhappy here. Can you not understand the delineation between "I demand you leave this forum" and FUCK OFF?

Didn't think so.

Carry on.

"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »
Now to you, jack 4400.

i think he was referring to me, not you.

the other day he intentionally misquoted another poster and i jumped his shit for it.

and just like anyone who does something sleazy like that, he tried to shrug it off when confronted about it.
and just like anyone who does something sleazy then shrugs it off when confronted about it, he laid low for a couple days then attacked his accuser.
and just like anyone who does something sleazy, shrugs it off, and later attacks his accuser...well, i think we all know the pattern by now.

it all starts here.

Offline thomaspain

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
In the vein of the concept, what can be done by those of us who are somewhat active on the forefront is put together power point presentations of some issues and blast them out to our email contacts

I'm working on a similar track. I print our propaganda on business card stock. Some of the texts have accompanied my posts. I hand these out whenever and wherever I can. I mail them to the staffs on my local papers.

I receive bills stuffed with additional advertising. I return my payments stuffed with my cards. Someone has to read them before tossing them. I'm sure that some are appreciated and passed around. Whenever I receive an advertisement containing a stamped, self-addressed envelope, I stuff and return it.

Here are some samples of my cards:

JEWS WIN AGAIN

World Jewry declared war on Germany in 1933.
   The economic war turned into a shooting war.
   The Jewish bankers emerged victorious in 1945.

ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS
  Jewish Foreign Legion
Each country gave of their blood and treasure,
in direct proportion to their domination by the Jews

VETERAN'S CHALLENGE
I once swore an Oath
to defend the CONSTITUTION
against all its enemies
foreign and domestic.

DOMESTIC?

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
excellent idea!

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »
Short, precise, and to the through provoking. I can lift my glass to that.  8)

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 09:05:59 PM »
Hit'n Run Post addressed here.

... registration is sealed shut (with windows of opportunities as spurts) and the public has no visible access to this place - which is what they wanted.

Reverse, UNO!

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 09:00:09 AM »
OH!  Is E_T here??  I must have her on ignore from an old spat we had, I don't know how to fix it.

Tell her I said hi!
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!