Author Topic: New revelations in attack on American spy ship (October 2, 2007 )  (Read 10622 times)

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: New revelations in attack on American spy ship (October 2, 2007 )
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 03:04:08 AM »
Help Break the Siege on Gaza Today! [ Post 296413196 ] E_T posting from LF

Category: News & Opinion (Specific)  Topic: Warfare and Conflict: Israel-Palestine
   Synopsis: The following is an appeal from the passengers and crew of the SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty:
   Source: NewsLetter
   Published: August 11, 2008  Author: Council for the National Interest Foundation
   For Education and Discussion Only.  Not for Commercial Use.

The following is an appeal from the passengers and crew of the SS Free Gaza and SS Liberty:

Two years ago, about a dozen human rights activists devised a plan to sail a boat to Gaza in order to break the siege. We rejected a plan to rent a boat as impractical because a similar venture in 1988 failed and three organizers were killed. Thus no boat owner would willingly risk his craft. We ultimately decided to purchase two small boats that could carry 44 passengers, crew and media. (Some of the photos of the boats are on the IMAGE GALLERY page on our website.)

Each of us contributed what we could, and we also received thousands of dollars from individual supporters, most of whom used the Paypal link on our website. We also held fund-raising events, received a few thousand dollars from small grants, and several "angels" helped us along the way. Each passenger has paid his/her own way to get here, and many have raised additional money through their groups, worked extra jobs, and asked family and friends to donate. The passengers also paid an additional 600 Euros each for lodging in Cyprus and to cover the cost of supplies and food on land and sea.

Through these efforts we have raised $300,000, which we thought covered our costs.
But the eroding dollar/Euro exchange rate seriously drained our funds. All of our planning did not anticipate this contingency.

We are now in Cyprus awaiting our boats' arrival from Crete. When they come in, we will fuel up (with very high-cost diesel) and stock necessary food and supplies. We hope to cast off for Gaza this weekend. We are told that hundreds of thousands of Gazans will greet us on arrival.

Many people thought we'd never come this far. But here we are and we firmly intend to set sail regardless of some recent staggering debts. Frankly, we have spent much more than we raised; here are just a few of our recent expenses:

`¢Two Sailor 250 FleetBroadband systems to allow us to stay in electronic contact and to send streaming video in real time, $16,000 each, or $32,000;

`¢Repairs required to make the boats seaworthy, $25,000-$30,000;
`¢Electronics, wiring, connections, satellite uplinks, SPOT Trackers to make the system work, $5000-$8000. (Most of the labor on the electronics and boats has been donated by the Greek crew and technicians.)

`¢Forty-four life jackets and two hand-held GPS units, $8000;
`¢Paint & banners for the boats, and balloons & toys for Gaza children, $2000
`¢Diesel fuel for both boats, both ways, $15,000 to $25,000.

Except for part of the diesel fuel, we have already paid these costs by running our personal credit cards to the limit, borrowing money, and asking some of the Greek crew to help. Frankly, we're tapped out.

We need your help so that we sail on the Mediterranean Sea but not on a sea of debt.

Please . . . donate through the Paypal account on our website (www.freegaza.org), send a tax-deductible check to the US address on the website, and/or send a check to the address in the UAE. Every donation, large or small, will help keep us afloat.

And, finally, thanks for your interest, support, and prayers!

Sincerely,
The Passengers and Crew on FREE GAZA and LIBERTY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E_T writes: "Council for the National Interest Foundation
1250 4th Street SW, Suite WG-1 · Washington, DC 20024
800.296.6958 · 202.863.2951 · Fax: 202.863.2952
http://cnifoundation.org/ "

I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!

Offline dean_saor

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 03:19:56 AM »
It seems that the people who sailed to Gaza are effectively held prisoner because the Israelis won't let them out (or maybe I'm out of date).
Cha do dhùin doras nach d'fhosgail doras eile;
No door shut but another door opened

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 04:32:53 PM »
Hi, Sister!!!  : ))

Found my old password and logged in... Be back later!
Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they will.
Pythagoras (BC 582-BC 507) Greek philosopher

Offline dean_saor

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »
Welcome back, Liz.  8)

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 08:57:30 PM »
Wow, thanks!

I just checked my self-search and it has been over two years since my last post before today.  I tend to be a one forum woman : ))

I came by to say hi to my Sister, America.  Maybe the posting fever will hit me here too  :o

Offline dean_saor

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
Well, I should think that well over half of your friends-n-enemies from LF are here and it's livened up a lot in past weeks (and you don't have to mind your Ps and Qs too much).

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »
(and you don't have to mind your Ps and Qs too much).

I am very adaptable... I don't mind, I am just posting now to socialize with people I know.  My political posting is a waste of time now without a forum like LF. : ((

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »
You are very welcome back here. Any previous problems we may have had a few years ago were due to meddling and misinformation by another member here, who is no longer around.

My sincere apologies for any discomfort I may have caused to you in the situation. I have learned better!!
"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »
Thank you!  I really appreciate that.

I don't even remember all the specifics anymore... but all I remember was the discomfort.  Water under the bridge for sure.

Start anew  :)

Offline dean_saor

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »
My political posting is a waste of time now without a forum like LF. : ((

Maybe you'll find its replacement here, now?

Offline grizzle

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
My political posting is a waste of time now without a forum like LF.

Not at all, but the game is afoot, in spades. The real, in our face game. Public activity has taken on a certain quality of diminishing returns.
"Yes I know, science fiction...but actually, science fact." - Vincent Price in Scream and Scream Again

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »
It is good to have a place to share information with each other like here - but we also need a place to disseminate it to - too - where the uninformed have access to that may learn what is usually suppressed... you know, the truth!   :)

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »
...but we also need a place to disseminate it to - too - where the uninformed have access to that may learn what is usually suppressed...
LF was controlled by people who didn't like to discuss certain truths ...  They tolerated the fight for so long and finally (someone) pulled the plug - there was a draw: neither side won really. Its done. People washed ashore here and boondocks. While boondocks started to irately censor people, this place was hacked, twice in one week. That's a world's record in what we've experienced here. Now, registration is sealed shut (with windows of opportunities as spurts) and the public has no visible access to this place - which is what they wanted. So far so good - the hacker(s) are on the outside and "certain" userHandles have not been back. Interesting. The games have already begun.

Hello E_T. How are you (and where have you scurried off to?)? :)
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Zampan0

• Group Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »
i took the link to the jew site that shuts down web sites they don't like.  you know the one, i forget the name.   it is probably the same site that shut down rense for about a week.  rense has big dollar advertisers and could fix the problem.  i looked up LF and found it was only worth around $24,000.00.  it would seem they just don't have the money, or want the hassle, or both, to get the site back up.  rense still has trouble.  why can't the reason for LF shutting down be as simple as this?  please respond.
Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
I suppose it could be the reason, but the domain expires Feb 2009. I believe the LF was pulled internally because only the owner can remove the google links from their cache.

You can compare what happened here and LF.
LF's error message was ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/404_error
When we were hacked twice in one week (actually within three days), there was a string of errors that connected one to another and repairs were made. Two totally separate occurrences. Now maybe the J-site was behind the hack here (I doubt it), but certainly not LF.
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Zampan0

• Group Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
i thought it was the 5 star furher that has the problem with lf'r's. i like what you are doing here, but it doesn't stack up to lF on the whole.
Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »
We're not LF and don't carry the same message. ;)

Offline grizzle

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 06:33:53 PM »
There are many in all areas of life that realize what the zios do. As the patch of dry land grows smaller, many will abandon their false security and risk a bit of action.
"Yes I know, science fiction...but actually, science fact." - Vincent Price in Scream and Scream Again

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
i thought it was the 5 star furher that has the problem with lf'r's. i like what you are doing here, but it doesn't stack up to lF on the whole.

Then quit your whining and go back to LF!

Oh, right, you can't.

Well, FUCK OFF anyway, fucktard!
"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »
As the patch of dry land grows smaller, many will abandon their false security and risk a bit of action.
I think so. The threshold is almost t/here. Many, and I mean many people I speak with on a day to day basis believe just that. They know what's going on and who's pulling what strings. They may not know everything, but they are pretty sharp as a whip. Most of them are working their fingers to the bone just to make ends meet and have not developed the skill of juggling focuses at once. Gas, electricity, water and sewage, food, property tax ... its all going up. Their pay isn't. Many have 3 jobs, 2 being part-time, and sleep when they can.

In the vein of the concept, what can be done by those of us who are somewhat active on the forefront is put together power point presentations of some issues and blast them out to our email contacts - take no ownership in the creation. Its a very simple thing that can be done. Fun too, if you're creative and cynical. It doesn't matter if they agree/disagree. Its just depositing seeds of thought that will eventually grow, some at a faster pace than others. Personal contacts trust each other enough to open any attachment. I can't begin to tell you how many presentations I've opened ... but they all had a message. <= this is the reason we get roughed up a bit here. ;)