Author Topic: No doubt, just (another) oversight...  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
No doubt, just (another) oversight...
« on: December 17, 2007, 06:13:02 AM »
We are now 8 hours and 20 minutes past a historic moment - past the morning shows, and...

the official web site still has this top item:
Make history tonight (12/16/07)

We are close to making history. In November, we mentioned that the all-time, single-day primary fundraising record is John Kerry?s $5.7 million in 2004. At this hour, Ron Paul stands at $5.4 million.

Won't you help Ron Paul make history?

If you are considering donating, please help us by making your donation before midnight EST tonight. And if you have donated already, won't you help us by contributing again? https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

By the way, we are closing in on 25,000 first-time donors today. That's unbelievable! Help us hit this mark too by telling your friends about this historic day!

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

Right. What is unbelievable is that the media can 'accidentally' use these numbers to credibly downplay the event.
Nice job, that...

What should have been there by midnight and 5 seconds?

Ron Paul - six million dollar candidate of the people

Ron Paul raised 6.3+ million dollars from 50,000+ donors in 24 hours.

What is "unbelievable", is that these numbers are higher than any previous political, one-day fund-raising record on any level.
Higher than what John Kerry raised the day after getting the Democrat's nomination in 2004 (5.7 million).
Higher than what Hillery Clinton allegedly raised earlier this year (6.2 million). That amount was released on the same day, but apparently included receipts of several days and included pledges. Ron Paul's number is money in the bank.
The cumulative total for Q4 so far is 18 million, donated by over 200,000 individual donors.

Someone Onboard
Ron Paul 2008

Incompetence?
Hardly... Incompetence is what scum-bucket politicians regularly and gladly plead when their sellouts are revealed. Incompetence has become the favorite excuse for skullduggery, ever since holding anyone but regular people accountable has become 'insensitive' or worse.

As mentioned elsewhere, if errors and omissions in crucial moments always have 'unwanted' effects, they can't be dismissed as mere incompetence. This Jonathan Bydlak was also quoted in media before the tea party, that the expectation was 10 million, virtually guaranteeing an unfulfilled promise. This engineered letdown, ties in perfectly with the sophisticated, month-long shill operation, pumping that same 10 million number on RonPaulForums and other venues,. Most reasoned expectations were consistently between 4.3 (Nov. 5th) and 6, perhaps more. Such estimates were always immediately shouted down with the 10 number as being somehow essential, by the same 'super enthusiastic supporters' - who's?.

On a lighter note: Once Ron Paul is president, we should replace Education Day U.S.A. with Media-Whore-Hunting Day.
CNN this morning: "Ron Paul beat HIS old record" - cute...

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
Re: No doubt, just (another) oversight...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »
its a corny old joke, i know...but if ron paul were to walk on water, the headlines in all the papers the next morning would read :"Ron Paul Can't Swim!"

;D

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
Ron Paul Interviewed By Glenn Beck on CNN 12-18-07

Anyone lurking should watch this video. Glen Beck, although a neo-con, cannot argue ANY point(s) - although he tried - Ron Paul stands for. :D lol
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 06:15:59 AM »
Anyone lurking should watch this video. Glen Beck, although a neo-con, cannot argue ANY point(s) - although he tried - Ron Paul stands for. :D lol

You think we had it 'good'?
Yesterday, we witnessed the biggest boiler-room operation in the short history of the net.
There was a 80+ page, one night thread on RPF, commenting that interview. I stopped counting the shills at around 30 on that thread alone. There are pages with nothing but shills. It was show time... (I was ready to start a thread "Money bomb for Glenn Beck: 1 billion to say thank you" or some such crap, but just sat back grinning.)

Remember when Beck put out the hook by calling Paul supporters 'terrorists' about a month ago. Since a few days after that 'laying the ground-stone' oodles of operators signed up just for the gala; some as late as during the show.
All that effort for one silly line:
"People who say they're Truthers call Glenn Beck and make death threats, damaging RP's campaign." (they could have added: hopefully)

Funny stuff, with a short lived effect... ;D

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »
Quote from: http://rpdaily.blogspot.com/2007/11/glenn-beck-calls-ron-paul-supporters.html
Remember when Beck put out the hook by calling Paul supporters 'terrorists' about a month ago.
Yes, and Ron Paul didn't even bat an eye at the diversion. He stayed the course and preached his message from Beck's pulpit leaving Beck speechless in the end in the sense of raising no arguments. It'll be interesting to hear what Beck has to say in the following days regarding Dr. Paul. My guess is that he will go on and not utter another syllable about Ron Paul, which is all about what can be done at this point. Maybe courage was placed in Beck's heart ....... naaaaah! Once a shill, always a shill ...
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 07:48:37 PM »
&, damnit if Dr. Paul didn't STAND UP TO THE MEDIA today and reject calls to return Don Black's "Stormfront" $500 donation.

(Even tho. "Stormfront" is a Zionist front-group.  ...Which is why they gave the $jack$ to Ron Paul in the first place.)

He told Media to fuck off.

God bless him.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:54:10 PM »
There may - I say may - be a slight onslaught on the "Leaderless Resistance" thread.
I would like to apologize to the management for any inconvenience that may cause - any minute now. :o
Sincerely,
Proemio

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:47:01 PM »
I can link the entire forum to that one thread if it suits you - with the exception of a few vanity threads. ;)