Author Topic: On hope and a prayer - the Huckabee Surge  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
On hope and a prayer - the Huckabee Surge
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:59:58 PM »
This is the story behind Huckabee's 'relentless' surge.

In short:
October 16th - to be exact - is when he became a new chosen one.
October 17th - the 'independent' media collectively discovered him.
October 18th - the 'scientific' polls started nudging up to confirm.
The manufactured spiral has turned ever since.
It's called "creating facts on the ground" and hope it sticks.

The details (bear with me - it's tasty):
In September, while innocently surfing the web, minding my own business, I came across
The Israel Factor: Ranking the presidential candidates - sorry, their colors
http: //www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/rosnerPage.jhtml

I thought it interesting that the contemporary 'scientific' polling results largely agreed with the 'experts' - maybe not. The only oddity was the conspicuous absence of a certain Ron Paul, while including such front-runners as Mark Warner, George Allen, Bill Frist, John Kerry, Condolezza Rice, George Petaki,  Wesley Clark, and the guy who invented the Nobel Price (did I mention Condolezza Rice?).

The latest rating at the time (16/09/07)
8.37 - Giuliani (R)
7.62 - Clinton (D)
7.25 - Bloomberg (I)
7.12 - McCain (R)
6.75 - Richardson (D)
6.50 - Thompson (R)
6.50 - Romney (R)
6.00 - Huckabee (R) - fifth republican, eight overall
etc.
That was pretty close to the contemporary national polling order.

More wisdom came forth on 16/10/07:
Giuliani - high eight
Clinton - mid eigth
Bloomberg - over eight
Huckabee - second republican, fourth overall - by far the biggest jump of all
Everyone else scored lower.

I didn't note all the numbers, and worse, didn't make a screen shot of the new ratings. Why this is important will become clear in a minute.

The very next day (surprise ;-), the 'independent' media proclaimed - in unison - that 'something' is happening with the Huckabee campaign. The next tracking polls showed a small surge. By the Sunday Talk-Shows, the 'analysis' of what may, may have gotten peoples' attention was in full swing. By monday, Huckabee showed double the numbers in the polls.

In parallel, RonPaulForums was flooded with threads asking what is going on with Huckabee. Not once, not twice, but six times, I attempted to present a 'possible' explanation for what was generally deemed an incomprehensible event. For some reason I truly cannot understand, my evidence (links, dot-connecting and all) was totally ignored, except on a couple of occasions, AND every thread died within a post or two. They did however get hundreds of views after having died. Link to first mention on October 23.

On the bright side, one recurring theme was the observation that the 'surge' is not matched at all in fund-raising, web site activity, blogging, YouTubing, Digging and so on.  That's when the boilerrooms were called into action and made some feeble and largely unsuccessful attempts to create a reality behind the smoke.

Just for fun, this was my last attempt on the subject (note the addition in particular):

On October 16, the panel of 'experts' evaluating the most burning question facing the electorate, seriously up-rated Huckabee (the reason is a hoot in itself). On October 17, the independent media wondered loudly and in perfect unison, why Huckabee is suddenly creating all that new interest. The cart has been leading the horse ever since. I posted the link to the evidence several times - 'reputable' source, no less - and always with the same result; all went quiet on the revolutionary front.

Quit funny actually...

LOL, I just visited the 'reputable source' mentioned above - to see if there are new ratings, and what to expect from the Sunday TalkShow Experts - and the relevant 16/10/07 ratings page is magically gone. The latest is now back in September.
Hot stuff - funny how that works...

Yep, the cowards made the 16/10/07 rating disappear, and stopped publishing new lists - wonder why...

Edit: Added links to the first and the last post on the subject at RonPaulForums
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:35:59 PM by Proemio »

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
Re: On hope and a prayer - the Huckabee Surge
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »
Hello Proemio

That is the best of Ron Paul endorsements I have seen to date.
I am keeping my fingers crossed, it would be the best for ALL, not
just the US.

Know that there are quite a few Canucks keeping their fingers crossed.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »
Not only Canadians, Sushi - check this out:

http://strasbourgteaparty07.blogspot.com/

Right in the heart of the EUSSR.
They had so many confirmed attenendees that they had to change venue to a larger site.
Wonder what they'll do when the rest show up... ;D

Ok, so once the idea took off and was organized, it was sort of taken over by you-know-whos (you'll notice when reading the proposed press release at the link). But that doesn't matter in this case and will help get better coverage in the 'independent' media [wink]. Too little, too late and too funny (neocons converting - ha) for a message that can't be spun and a solid base that can't be lead...

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 04:53:19 PM »
Ok, so once the idea took off and was organized, it was sort of taken over by you-know-whos (you'll notice when reading the proposed press release at the link). But that doesn't matter in this case and will help get better coverage in the 'independent' media [wink]. Too little, too late and too funny (neocons converting - ha) for a message that can't be spun and a solid base that can't be lead...

OK, that Proemio doesn't have a clue...

It appears that the you-know-whose did very well.
Apparently, a mere 30 people, or so, showed up.
Although that is not confirmed either at this point - it's like nothing much happened at all.
I'm sure some interesting stuff will bubble up in the near future...

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »
I'm sure some interesting stuff will bubble up in the near future...

Not quite sure what you are referring to, but I was floored by this piece of shit I found tonight:

http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/index.php?topic=279.0

Check it out, scout around; it goes from bad to worse; and these are the fools who would wish to create and maintain world policy?

Pathetic!!!!
"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 07:02:18 PM »
Not quite sure what you are referring to, but I was floored by this piece of shit I found tonight:

Check it out, scout around; it goes from bad to worse; and these are the fools who would wish to create and maintain world policy?

Pathetic!!!!

Yeah, I'm aware - shocking it's.
It's just as bad as the fredthompsonforum.com  ;)

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:23:29 PM »

Pathetic!!!!

LOL

The death threats against the Good Doctor have suddenly disappeared from the Huckster's supporters website.

Go figure.

It is interesting to see, though, that after the supporters of Dr. Paul have succeeded in raising the largest amount of money for their candidate that has ever been raised in a specific time frame, (24 hours) the MSM is giving him a few articles, however, he is just mentioned as the header, then they go on to talk about their favourites.

I have been following this all night at various forums that could in no way be construed as political, in general terms, but the posters at these forums are ecstatic about the results!

I was doubtful before, but am much less so now.

What must be broached, for Dr. Paul to succeed, is the fact that some stupid people seem to equate his supporters, whom are mainly groundroots, and varied, with his ultimate message.
To hear the comments from the supporters tonight; it is they whom are, both fiscally, and in action, carrying out the new revolution. Dr. Paul is simply a mentor and a figurehead!

Just thinking out loud here, I really wonder if the good Doctor ever envisioned what has happened to his Presidential campaign? It seems as if he actually has started a Revolution; not really himself; perhaps the message he has is at the right time; one that many are willing to follow and make their own due to the malfeasance and theft demonstrated by government over the last 60 years, or so; maybe more.

Regardless, the groundswell of support is impressive, and it shall just grow to be more so.

Ron Paul

"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 05:50:30 AM »
To hear the comments from the supporters tonight; it is they whom are, both fiscally, and in action, carrying out the new revolution. Dr. Paul is simply a mentor and a figurehead!

Just thinking out loud here, I really wonder if the good Doctor ever envisioned what has happened to his Presidential campaign?

Yes and NO ;D (from the my $0.02 department)

Going by his own words - and being an honorable man, they do have standing - he hoped for something more than a hill of beans, but never expected the magnitude. When he and his friends convinced themselvs to give it another shot, he likely had thoughts along the line of what the 'experts' are expertly babbling about when explaining the obvious - to influence the debate, to gain time. Of course, the doctor moved on, while the experts are trying to catch up.

And, being an honorable man, Ron Paul will give it his all to go wherever this thing goes - a rather scary and heroic commitment, when you think about it; especially considering the idiotic believe of the death-cult, that removing 'the leader' will fix their dilemmas. He doesn't look well of late. Maybe the 'lone gunman' or 'plane crash' is going to be the pre-industrial 'slow poison' this time around.

It would be a horrible waste, because the horse has left the barn. To many young, energetic and 'crazy' people know now who to hold accountable. There is no smoke thick enough to hide and no mirror big enough to divert. It's coming full-circle - once again. First, complacency is regarded as stupidity by the supremacist lunatics. Complacency stops - they are toast, if not today, then tomorrow. Seem to be a necessary, natural engine; sort of like the global warming/cooling pump (floods nest year ;-).

Whatever - we're in for a hell of a ride...

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: On hope and a prayer - the Huckabee Surge [is over]
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 04:31:11 AM »
Went to 'consult' my 'special' source:
("...we ranked the candidates on their reactions to the NIE report on Iran")

Huckabee's answer to the NIE report was wholly unacceptable (a disaster) - he was told to wear the dunce-cap.
Such was decided on 12/25/07 by the puppet masters.

Hillary also gave the wrong answer, but not quite as bad.
Her recent scientific "dip in the polls" was ordered on 12/20/07, as a warning to get with the program.

Romney impressed, but is not entirely trusted.

Biden did very well - the best answer - but can't be surged.

Fred was too obvious, thus a risk.

Giuliani was spot on, and still the favorite, except there may be to much sleeze.

Bloomberg is still on the bench - for now.

What else - ah yeah, Ron Paul is trouble...  ;D

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 11:17:09 PM »
I read all you posts, thanks. Whether Ron Paul makes it or not, he has attracted quite a following on-line and must have gathered more, otherwise the opposition would not try so hard to ignore him.

But I do agree, we will be in for a rough ride no matter who gets in.

Did you see this: http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_N/messagesview?bn=13109&off=81&ri=5512&dir=f&n=l4LR_w8J8N.4N34.8IDOdg--
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »
One word: Fuckabee.

Fuck that Xian-Zionist/War On [some] Drugs/soft-on-borders/Baptist bumble-thumper.  No need.