Author Topic: American Jewish comedian Jerry Seinfeld in Israel to promote new movie  (Read 1864 times)

Offline jack4400

• Corporal
    • View Profile

American Jewish comedian Jerry Seinfeld in Israel to promote new movie 

By The Associated Press 

Tags: Bee Movie, Shimon Peres   

American Jewish comedian Jerry Seinfeld arrived in Israel on Friday in the first stop on a world tour to promote his new animated film Bee Movie.

It was the 53-year-old's second visit to the country. He volunteered on a kibbutz in northern Israel in 1970.

Seinfeld met with President Shimon Peres and then toured Jerusalem's Old City near the Western Wall, part of the Temple Mount complex which is Jews' holiest site, and made a stop at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial and museum.
 Advertisement

"You can imagine how much people like you here and respect you," Peres told Seinfeld as the two sat in suits and ties in front of Israeli flags at the President's Residence in Jerusalem.

Seinfeld explained his movie to the 84-year-old Nobel peace laureate. "It's about a bee who's not sure that he wants to go into honey," Seinfeld said, as Peres laughed. "They tell him he has no choice."

Seinfeld also gave Peres an explanation of computer animation.

The DreamWorks-Paramount flick that Seinfeld co-wrote and co-produced debuted November 2 and has been in first or second place among top hits in U.S. theaters since, bringing in $94 million. 

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=927462&contrassID=1&subContrassID=7

-------------------------------------

Jerry makes aliyah.

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Jewish comedian Jerry Seinfeld in Israel to promote new movie
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:57:39 PM »
Peres told Seinfeld as the two sat in suits and ties in front of Israeli flags at the President's Residence in Jerusalem.

put on a suit and tie, and after a quick stop at the holocaust museum, its off to the presidents house, where theyve hoisted the colors in honor of your arrival.
sounds like an ordinary movie promo to me.  ::)

Offline QuoTodt

• Master Chief
  • Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:00:17 PM »
They gots to take what they can get.

He was in Oz not to long ago as well. Interviewed by fellow Jew - Andrew Denton.

Offline Britney_Hole

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »
more joo politics?
drones don't make honey- never had
Seinfeld is so funny NOT
Five things we never see in America
1. Bicycle lanes
2. Teacher run schools
3. Cooperatively owned businesses
4. Recycling
5. Use of alternative energy

Offline dean_saor

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 08:34:24 AM »
I've not found many of their comedians that funny, certainly not on their own or as a 'stand up' act - some were quite funny as part of a situation or a group act: I'm thinking of the Three Stooges, Sid James (whether with Tony Hancock, or the Carry On team - which must include Barbara Windsor, I suppose), and Peter Sellers (as one of The Goons or afterwards). I don't know whether Peter Cook was one. Tom Lehrer was very witty with his songs. But I've just found the current crop - Adam Sandler et al - simply pathetic.
Cha do dhùin doras nach d'fhosgail doras eile;
No door shut but another door opened