Author Topic: Smear Campaign Against Ron Paul  (Read 2752 times)

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
Smear Campaign Against Ron Paul
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
Comments: The timing of this is very interesting. As some of you readers know, Ron Paul is having a relatively big advertisement in the USA Today on Wednesday of this week1. Certain folks want him out of the race and will go to the extent of extortion to do it.

Edgar J. Steele writes: "This will be very interesting.

Will Ron Paul pull an Irving (David) or will he allow the ADL publicly to name him its enemy? As Irving seems finally to have learned, crawling on your belly to the enemy does no good anyway.

Which is worse, do you suppose - having Zionist Jews reject him or having all of US reject him? It's not like many Jews are going to vote for him anyway.

I predict that Ron Paul will refuse to fall in line and condemn ADL-labeled "extremists" as he now is being ordered by the ADL, but I could be wrong. If he does reject US, then it really is all over, folks. From that point forward, the third American armed revolution would become inevitable, in my opinion.

Ron Paul or Revolution. You heard it here first."

ADL Taking Concerns To Ron Paul

The Anti-Defamation League plans to ask Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul to distance himself from extremist groups.

Paul, a U.S. congressman from Texas, has come under fire for the support his campaign has enjoyed from leading white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups.

His campaign reportedly has accepted a donation from Don Black, the owner of the white supremacist Web site Stormfront. Sites for several extremist groups also feature prominent links supporting Paul's candidacy. ADL's assistant director of civil rights, Steven Freeman, told JTA his organization planned to communicate with Paul privately and urge him to distance himself from those groups.

"If he doesn't do that, then we will decide what we're going to say publicly about it," Freeman said.

Paul thus far has refused to return the campaign contribution from Black. In response to a question from a reporter for Reason magazine, a campaign spokesperson said, "If people who hold views that the candidate doesn't agree with, and they give to us, that's their loss."

The ADL previously has taken candidates to task for their ties to supremacist groups. Last year the organization slammed Larry Darby, a Democratic candidate for attorney general in Alabama, after he attended a meeting of the National Vanguard, a splinter group of the National Alliance. Darby was defeated.

In October 2001, the ADL commended New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani for rejecting a $10 million donation to a 9/11 relief fund from Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal. Giuliani, like Paul, is a Republican presidential candidate.

Extremism in America Tax Protest Movement

"Early opposition in the postwar era was relatively mild and consisted in large part of various campaigns to repeal the 16th Amendment. Of these, the most important were attempts to pass the so-called "Liberty Amendment." First introduced in Congress in 1952, it essentially tried to strengthen states' rights. However, in 1957 Congressman Elmer Hoffman of Illinois introduced a revised version of the Liberty Amendment that included a section mandating the abolition of income, estate and gift taxes. In this form, the amendment garnered considerable support among extreme right-wing conservatives as well as the budding libertarian movement.

In the late 1950s, Willis Stone became national chairman of the Liberty Amendment Committee and tried to raise support for the proposed amendment through a book, Action for Americans. Stone and the Committee were able to persuade several state legislatures (eventually nine) to request that Congress send the amendment to the states for ratification, but this fell far short of the requirements for a constitutional amendment. Since then, far-right conservatives have repeatedly tried to reintroduce the Liberty Amendment in Congress -- most recently by Congressman Ron Paul of Texas in 1998 -- but without any success. Given the costs of the Cold War and the simultaneous expansion of government services in the 1950s and 1960s, it is not surprising that Stone and the Liberty Amendment Committee had little chance of success. "

Source: ADL

1: http://mysite.verizon.net/nathanielyao/USA_Today_Ad.html
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
Re: Smear Campaign Against Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:26:48 PM »
The Anti-Defamation League plans to ask Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul to distance himself from extremist groups.

In which case he certainly should not be talking to the ADL.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:20:54 PM by LoneWolf »
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline ScarletBunnie

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »

dr. paul knows the ins and outs of the adl. they are certainly no match for the the truth and he has kept his message simple and truthful. the only thing the adl can do at this point is to deter more people from fixating their eyes and ears on the message of the only candidate for the job. lets say he does open up to the adl. so what. what will that prove other than the fact that he isn't afraid of them. he knows they will obviously bait him in a slip of the tongue by subjecting him to say that antizionists are extremists and don't reflect his views, which one of their many angles of their interview. this will ultimately dwindle down his supporters. this is their hope. the other option for them to do is something they ought not to do: smear him with untruths. in dr. paul's history of his professional career, he has not really had any negatives to discolor his appearance. personally, i think they are a day late and a dollar short. watching them try almost makes me have sympathy pains for their efforts. :D

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »
personally, i think they are a day late and a dollar short. watching them try almost makes me have sympathy pains for their efforts. :D

Almost... ;D

It was fun to watch the coordinated effort on the RonPaulForums by the usual suspects:
"He MUST - for the good of the cause" - naturally... I asked "which one?"
The effort bombed beautifully, and without help.

BTW, despite the cruel snip, I agree with your whole post - good stuff...

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 06:34:50 PM »
Comments: The timing of this is very interesting. As some of you readers know, Ron Paul is having a relatively big advertisement in the USA Today on Wednesday of this week1. Certain folks want him out of the race and will go to the extent of extortion to do it.

Oh man, that ad could have been fantastic if only the sponsor would have listened to max, the brain behind the concept.
The damned 'PC-committee' - infiltrated and encouraged mightily by the shills - watered it down, killed the flow and cluttered it up. It's beyond me that people still 'submit' ideas for review. Asking for reactions and/or suggestions is fine, but making 52 alterations on one revision alone (there were 5 or 6), just to be able to claim after to having created the first 'open source' ad, is a bit much. And counter-productive, if the objective is to reach out to new prospects, IMUPMO (in my unpopular minority opinion ;D

Still, it's a reasonably good ad, and will certainly make a splash, no mather what.

We have entered the stage where mindless followers start to outnumber the creative, individualistic core.
In other words, we are hitting the big times - hence the ADL warming up  :D

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 06:43:54 PM »
Proemio: Got a link for the current revision of the ad as it will run?

I saw only version 1.1.

Danke.

Offline ScarletBunnie

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »
thank you for the vote of confidence. i might throw my hat in the ring for a job in his administration. still, i think he's got the umph to get in, and that scares the shit out of the adl. :D

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 05:00:43 AM »
Proemio: Got a link for the current revision of the ad as it will run?

I saw only version 1.1.

Danke.

Here you go:
http: //www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?s=08ee276be2aa139df2b20acc3ffe1ac7&t=37965

Luckily, it's not that far removed from v1, except for copy being watered down and the stupid "RonPaul will..." stuff between the warnings cutting the flow with redundancy - of course he will, it's implied, else the warnings would not be enumerated. V2 - 5 were much worse.

Max's original concept had a big "We warned you" as headline with the pictures of those guys, and a small "an open letter to ..." sub-head. It also had "For these reason We The Founders (instead of People) must support Ron Paul for President", an endorsement out of necessity and common sense, if nothing else - very powerful...

Anywhoo, it's finally put to bed and will be infinitely better than nothing.

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »
Danke.

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 04:48:59 PM »
Never question the wizard.  ;D

... but thanks for asking because I was wondering myself.
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

Ron Paul didn't, but theCampaign just did...

I read Mona Charen?s column on Friday and I had to clear a few things up. Outside of the name-calling (?kook,? as I?m sure you remember, was the attack word of choice used by critics of Barry Goldwater), Charen was way off base.

1. Dr. Paul?s commitment to principle is second to none, so to attack him, Charen twists the understanding of what a presidential pardon really is. A pardon is a constitutional check by the executive branch on the judiciary to protect against cruel or unusual punishment. When considering a pardon, a president examines extenuating circumstances to decide whether a punishment for a conviction under the law was unjust. Scooter Libby was convicted of a crime; that is not the issue here. Dr. Paul is not sympathetic to issuing him a pardon because he finds Libby an unsympathetic character. There is nothing inconsistent here. President Bush, who has issued the fewest pardons of any president since World War II, hasn?t pardoned Libby either, by the way.

2. If Charen paid much attention to the campaign, she would know that Dr. Paul never utters the word ?isolationist? except to explain why he is not one. He believes in the foreign policy of the founders: peace, commerce, and open friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none. When he references Nixon and Eisenhower, he is clearly talking about past successful Republican campaign strategies, not what they did in office. Eisenhower campaigned to end the Korean War, Nixon to get us out of Vietnam. Dr. Paul argues that the GOP can only win in 2008 with a candidate who will bring hope troops form Iraq. Last I checked, many National Review readers cared a thing or two about Republicans winning elections.

3. Ron Paul is dead serious and very sober about what it will take to reform things like our oppressive tax system. Clearly, a Paul administration cannot end the IRS on January 29, 2009. Ending the income tax, a goal all real conservatives should share, would take major cooperation with the Congress. But, with honest communication and a lot of hard work, Dr. Paul knows that we can end the end the income tax over the course of just a few years. Over half of federal government revenue presently comes from sources other than the income tax. The United States could end the IRS and still fund the same level of big government we had less than ten years ago. There is nothing ?unserious? about that.

4. Dr. Paul is a modest man with a sparkling record and unimpeachable personal integrity. I understand why you need to attack him by linking him to less-than-savory individuals (there is simply nothing else to use), but it is just not going to work. Some of your charges are silly. Dr. Paul?s ?Texas Straight Talk Column,? for example, is public record and anyone, from the American Free Press to Cat Fancy, has the right to reprint it.

Yes, Ron appears on the Alex Jones radio program. But you know who else talks to Alex Jones? People like Judge Anthony Napolitano. Guess who hosts Alex Jones? FOX?s John Gibson and National Public Radio. Dr. Paul has said time and again that he does not believe 9/11 was an inside job. He does, however, think we should always question authority. When, by the way, were conservatives supposed to become trusting of big government?

Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity, and the protection of inalienable individual rights. He knows that liberty is the anecdote for racism, anti-Semitism, and other small minded ideologies. Dr. Paul has focused all of his energy on winning the presidency so he can cut the size of government and protect the freedom of every American. Neither he nor his staff is going to waste time screening donors. If a handful of individuals with views anathema to Dr. Paul?s send in checks, then they have wasted their money. I cannot profess to understand the motivations of Don Black as neither Dr. Paul nor I know who he is, but a simple Google search shows that his $500 contribution has netted him at least 88 news hits, including Charen?s column. Perhaps a better explanation for his ?contribution? is not support for Ron, but the attention he knew he would receive.

Mona, I can not expect everyone to support Dr. Paul, especially those who have sunk so much of their own credibility into supporting the Iraq war. In fact, Dr. Paul welcomes open and spirited discussions, and even legitimate criticism. But, I had to get a few things off my chest.

Jesse Benton
Communications Director
Ron Paul 2008 PCC
Arlington, Va.

Why give any credibility to a shit-slinging two-bit bimbo and known agitator for the death-cult?

Why whine about a smear job by smearing someone he says he doesn't know? I don't know Don Black either. He may be just a guy with an attitude, or he may be a hired gun for the ADL. Either way, now theCampaign will have to justify every damned penny they take in. Worse, Ron Paul will have a terrible time defending his principled stance; his "The message of freedom appeals to people from a wide spectrum, etc...". Next time, he will have to answer the inevitable follow-up "but, but your campaign officially repudiated x. Why not y and z, or a through i?"

When fundamental mistakes by so-called professionals always go in one direction, they are hardly mistakes.

1- Hired Anita Andrews to turn unbound energy into lock-step electioneering pablum - fixed in time.

2- Sabotaged the Philly Rally by changing venue in the last minute - fixed, but too late.

Add: 2a- Apparently, theCampaign spent good money to advertise the Las Vegas Rally in the major local paper: wrong time, wrong location. It was a (relative) success regardless - partially fixed by the grapevine.

3- Yesterday, sent a condescending fund-raising letter to the - apparently stupid - donors - ?

4- Now this.

A while ago, someone on RPF said that Snyder and his merry gang of inept and compromised fruitcakes (his words) will destroy the whole thing in time (forget the occasion, but another questionable decision). The poster was immediately banned, of course; can't have an unpopular opinion in a revolution for freedom...

While I don't think this accumulating garbage will have anymore impact over time than all those chicken being furiously twirled here and there, the distractions are unnecessarily disruptive, and boring.

And so it goes...

Edit: added point 2a - just found out.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 03:49:29 AM by Proemio »

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »
Ron Paul didn't, but theCampaign just did...
Indeed. For the reasons you stated, they slowed down, or perhaps even ruined (killed) the locomotive engine of the revolution. The answer to "Is theCampaign being run by idiots or ADL gunmen?" will soon unfold.

Offline Lucidthots

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »
If the ADL keeps attacking Ron Paul and calling him an anti semite....it is likely to make anti semitism very popular.

:D

~By their works ye shall know them~

Mathew 7

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »
If the ADL keeps attacking Ron Paul and calling him an anti semite....it is likely to make anti semitism very popular.

:D

I concur.
"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
True, but Ron Paul (and theCampaign) should ignore the ADL and stay the course they are on; they are doing so well. The ADL certainly isn't offering constructive criticism and if what they are doing (accepting campaign contributions from StormFront owner) is all that got their attention, it goes to show you that Ron Paul is a threat to the establishment in many many ways. Choking the cash flow of theCampaign will cripple the visibility of Ron Paul. They wish to only keep him contained to the Internet. How dare they invoke authority.

On the flip side, the good news:
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=51679 

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 07:54:05 PM »
the ADL .  .   . How dare they invoke authority.

That's what Juden do.