Author Topic: Saddam could hang within 30 days  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Sojourner

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Saddam could hang within 30 days
« on: November 05, 2006, 04:05:17 AM »
http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,21985,20706170-5005961,00.html

Saddam could hang within 30 days

From correspondents in Baghdad
November 05, 2006 08:50pm

OUSTED Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and two of his senior allies were today sentenced to death by hanging after an Iraqi court found them guilty of crimes against humanity.

If an automatic review of the death sentence fails, the former strongman will hang within 30 days.

Judge Rauf Rasheed Abdel Rahman ordered bailiffs at the Iraqi High Tribunal to force Saddam to stand before the court as, visibly trembling, the former strongman attempted to shout down the verdict.

`Make him stand,` barked Judge Rahman, as Saddam begged the guards: `Don't bend my arms. Don't bend my arms.`

A court official held Saddam's hands behind his back as Judge Rahman, shouting to be heard over the defendant's protests, declared: `The highest penalty should be implemented.`

Saddam was sentenced to death for his role in ordering the killing of 148 Shiites in the village of Dujail, north of Baghdad.

As he was led away, his arms still pinioned, Saddam declared: `Long live Iraq. Long live the Iraqi people. God is greater than the occupier.`

Saddam's half-brother and intelligence chief Barzan al-Tikriti was also sentenced to death, as was Awad Ahmed al-Bandar, who was convicted as the president of the kangaroo court which ordered the Shiites executed.

The former vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan received a life sentence, while three Baath party officials from Dujail received 15 years each and a fourth, more junior figure, was cleared.

Saddam will have his sentence automatically reviewed by an appeals panel.

If the appeal judges find grounds to question the judgment, Saddam will face another trial.

If not, the sentence imposed today will stand and will be carried out within 30 days.

Under the statutes establishing the tribunal in December 2003, both the defence and the prosecution have the right to appeal the verdict.

Saddam's lawyers would have to show there was an error in procedure or non-respect for the law.

`If Saddam is condemned to death, the defence will appeal,` Lebanese lawyer Bushra Khalil of Saddam's defence team said earlier this week.

If the original sentence is upheld, however, the tribunal statutes say that the sentence must be carried out within 30 days, a fact confirmed by public prosecutor Jaafar al-Mussawi.

Saddam has also been on trial since August 21 charged with ordering the Anfal Campaign in the Kurdish heartland of northern Iraq in 1987 and 1988 which resulted in the deaths of more than 180,000 people, prosecutors say.

`As for the other trials, the tribunal will judge those defendants still living, since those who have been executed can no longer be prosecuted,` Mr Mussawi said in June.

The statutes state that no authority, not even the president, can pardon anyone convicted by the tribunal or commute their sentences.

Iraq's beleaguered military was on a war footing for the sentencing and a total curfew was in force in three flashpoint provinces; the war-torn capital Baghdad, the sectarian battlefields of Diyala and Saddam's home region of Salaheddin.

Iraq's current government is far from a neutral observer in the case `“ indeed, many experts have accused it of heavy-handed intervention in the case.

`We hope the sentence matches what this man deserves for what he has done against the Iraqi people. The Iraqi people will express happiness in the way they find appropriate,` Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said yesterday.

`We call upon the Iraqi people to be calm, to be disciplined and to express themselves in ways that take into consideration the security challenge and the need to protect the lives of citizens.`

Saddam and his fellow defendants were accused of ordering the village of Dujail to suffer savage collective punishment after agents of Mr Maliki's Dawa party tried to kill the then Iraqi leader there in 1982.

The community's orchards were ripped up and 148 Shiite civilians were dragged before a Baath Party kangaroo court and sentenced to death.

Such an accusation still carries a potent political charge more than three and a half years after Saddam was driven from power by a US-led invasion, amid ongoing sectarian bloodshed and effective occupation by US forces.

Iraq's Shiite majority seized upon the fall of the Sunni dictator and the old elite to seize power and seek vengeance for crimes such as the destruction of Dujail, while the country has slipped into sectarian war.

Many of the Sunni insurgents fighting the US-backed regime remain loyal to Saddam's memory. Last month, for example, tribal sheikhs paraded outside Kirkuk brandishing portraits of their deposed leader and demanding his restoration.

Such armed groups `“ including the Islamic Army of Iraq, which is made up of former Baath Party cadres and veterans of Saddam's armed forces `“ have been at the forefront of attacks on US and government forces.

Whether they have reserves of fury yet to unleash may become evident in the aftermath of the verdict.

The Associated Press reported that as the court proceedings finished, clashes broke out between police and gunmen in north Baghdad's Azamiyah district. The district is dominated by hardliners from among Saddam's fellow Sunni sect.

By contrast, celebratory gunfire rang out in many other parts of the city.

The verdict was immediately condemned by the head of the second largest Sunni bloc in parliament, who predicted it would spark even greater bloodshed between Sunnis and the country's majority Shi'ites.

Shiites were heavily persecuted under Saddam's more-than two decades of authoritarian rule but now largely control the government and security forces.

`It was not wise and the Government, not the court, has gone to the extreme with issuing this sentence, even in advance,` Salih al-Mutlaq told the al-Arabiya satellite television station.

`This Government will be responsible for the consequences, with the deaths of hundreds, thousands or even hundreds of thousands, whose blood will be shed.`

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
Re: Saddam could hang within 30 days
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 07:31:47 PM »
Although I read a similar article this morning, I was not surprised. Aside from the death sentence, how else would the establishment provoke the anger of the Muslim world? I think we're about to see a huge shit-storm in the Middle East, all of course by design, at which Christian Zionists will applaud ArmageddonTM.

The question that I've been contemplating is, should the Democrats win the next U.S. Presidency, which I believe to be the case, how will it steer the chain of events already set into motion?
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 07:45:35 PM »
Although I read a similar article this morning, I was not surprised. Aside from the death sentence, how else would the establishment provoke the anger of the Muslim world? I think we're about to see a huge shit-storm in the Middle East, all of course by design, at which Christian Zionists will applaud ArmageddonTM.

The question that I've been contemplating is, should the Democrats win the next U.S. Presidency, which I believe to be the case, how will it steer the chain of events already set into motion?

Stay the course; full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes!
"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 07:52:21 PM »
Who runs both the Dems, and Repubs?

Ask DemRep; oh he is no longer here!!

Mission accomplished!!

Could it be the Zionists?

Think, man. think!!
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:44:50 PM »

Mission accomplished!!

Think, man. think!!
Are you eluding to DemRep being one to have carried out something in particular? I believe he stated he had a child on the way. That could explain his absence.

Back to the topic at hand, I know who controls both sides as well as the third parties. I am thinking more along the lines of different scenarios. Republicans used terror to further the NWO; Democrats may use something else ... economy or education, for instance.
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 09:19:07 PM »
Are you eluding to DemRep being one to have carried out something in particular? I believe he stated he had a child on the way. That could explain his absence.

Back to the topic at hand, I know who controls both sides as well as the third parties. I am thinking more along the lines of different scenarios. Republicans used terror to further the NWO; Democrats may use something else ... economy or education, for instance.

Flag to myself; deal with this properly tomorrow. Especially the ''Brat on Board'' issue. Great excuse, that means nothing, to anyone. Least of all. me. I should feel empathy for breeders, LOL.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline rottenjohnh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:12:51 AM »
I think we're about to see a huge shit-storm in the Middle East, all of course by design, at which Christian Zionists will applaud ArmageddonTM.

Definetely by design.

Does anybody have anything on Israels agenda of balkanising the Middle East. There's been quite a few quotes/statements I think made over the years looking for such an outcome.

Offline demrep???

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »
Flag to myself; deal with this properly tomorrow. Especially the ''Brat on Board'' issue. Great excuse, that means nothing, to anyone. Least of all. me. I should feel empathy for breeders, LOL.

So glad to know that you have no designs on replicating your genes.  Keep them to yourself and remember those who scream loudest to watch for trouble are often trying to deflect attention from themselves.

Mission accomplished!!

Think, man. think!!

Each party has its flaws.  I will not explain my screen name as you obviously do not understand the humor involved in the name.  Given that you are not from my country your opinions regarding our politics have little bearing on mine.  Additionally I can see that you believe that all world problems are the result of people of Jewish faith which is the foundation of many of the major religions of the world today (Christianity, all flavors, Islam, etc.)  [Note: the Jewish faith was the first recorded faith to believe in monotheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture] This could explain that view as more people have died in the name of God than for any political reason unless you count the 20 million Russians killed via Stalin.

Who runs the two parties does not matter as they each report to their own special interests, whatever they may be.  In the United States there are two choices for elections: Democrats, Republicans, and Independents.  The first two are in essence one choice as they are interchangeable and want the same thing the Independent choice however results in one or two representatives in each house who have such a small voice, that they should ultimately almost not exist.  However our system is not perfect and is still not the longest lasting representative government by a long shot.  However, we still believe that change can happen and are willing to make those changes.  Those changes may not occur as those inside or outside of our country would like.  A nation cannot move in one direction or another overly fast as that can result in too much momentum in one direction and not allow for a swift response, WWII for example.  Prior to WWII the United States as a nation was one that believed in isolationism, this prevented a quick retaliatory strike against the Japanese following Pearl Harbor.  This brings up the issue of whether or not FDR was aware of the planned attack which is not relevant to my statement as the people of the United States were not willing to make the plunge until after the attack.  Had the nation been prepared as a whole for this it would have taken much less time to respond to the attack than it did.  The first offensive action in the Pacific theater was the Battle of Rabaul 07/02/1942 nearly 8 months after Pearl Harbor. [http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/reference/apcmp.htm]  This is an example of how long it takes a nation to respond as a whole to an issue.  To a degree I believe that we as a country have enough of our own problems and should tell the rest of the world to figure it out without us or our resources, grain from the mid-west, money and technology.  However, I also recognize that we are a major power in the world and we need to set an example of how a representative government should run.  We have not fulfilled that obligation of late but that is the nature of a representative government and is similar to hiring a new employee.  Once we elect the officials we have no control over what they will do as when you hire an employee there is no control over the ultimate path of that employees tenure is with you(People do what they want to do, Free will is a bitch).  A representative when elected can and will behave erratically compared to the image portrayed during the campaign to election as an employee who is hired conveys one image during the interview and then the true colors come out after a time of employment (how quickly the true colors come out is different from person to person).

On to the subject of the thread:

Saddam will hang in thirty days.  I believe the bastard should die a prolonged life in prison with many resuscitations at the hour of his final death given the innocent people he deliberately killed for no more reason than that they disagreed with his politics or were of a different religion.  His death via hanging can ultimately become his immortality as he will be declared a martyr.  The reason I say this is that many people around the world see the Iraqi government as a puppet of the United States and therefore his death is only a result of United States actions. 

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 07:50:38 PM »
and remember those who scream loudest to watch for trouble are often trying to deflect attention from themselves.

As you did a few months ago, here. I will not waste my time with you further; the fact that the management answered me on this post, and supported your actions makes me think that you were a shill brought here to be used to achieve their purposes.

I remember you screaming pretty loud against a person you did not know.

What'd ya get paid, or was it just a favour?

It is obvious that shit does not go away; it sits and festers.

Go away, or fester, I care not! The sad thing is, I doubt that you were acting under your own volition, just under the suggestion of the management.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline euroman

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »
You guys need to stop all that damn bickering!
 ::) ::)
My agenda is to unite white people with a common goal of survival!

Offline euroman

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »
You guys need to stop all that damn bickering!
 ::) ::)
Just kidding-
Actually I like the fights! LOL  ;D ;D
My agenda is to unite white people with a common goal of survival!

Offline Sojourner

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 08:07:06 AM »
Additionally I can see that you believe that all world problems are the result of people of Jewish faith which is the foundation of many of the major religions of the world today (Christianity, all flavors, Islam, etc.)  [Note: the Jewish faith was the first recorded faith to believe in monotheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture] This could explain that view as more people have died in the name of God than for any political reason unless you count the 20 million Russians killed via Stalin.

Touting the same old jewish lies, myths and fables I see`¦  Jews are thieves, liars and usurpers.  Jews are not Hebrews nor are they Israelites.  They are the sons of Cain, Edomites, Canaanites, Gog-Magog etc.  They are and always have been the sworn enemies of Israelites.  They are of the Synagogue of Satan.  They and their religion are definitely NOT the foundation of Christianity.   Jesus Christ was NOT a jew.  He was an Israelite of the House of Judah of which has absolutely zilch to do with the satanic jews or satanic talmudic judaism. 

Yes, jews have infiltrated and usurped Christianity and turned it into Judeo-Christianity which is an oxymoron.  You can`t be anti-Christ and pro-Christ at the same time so it obviously means your nothing.  The jews god is not the God of the Christians and they`˜ll tell you so:

Excerpt from The Jews' God By Eddie Kadach:

Isn't the "Jewish" god the God of the Old Testament? Isn't this why we
refer to the popular belief in Christ as the Judeo-Christian religion?

Rabbi Ben Zion Bokser wrote in "Judaism and the Christian Predicament"
(New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1967) p. 59:

"This is not an uncommon impression and one finds it sometimes among
Jews as well as Christians - that Judaism is the religion of the
Hebrew Bible. It is, of course, a fallacious impression. Judaism is
not the religion of the Bible."

Rabbi Moshe M. Maggal, wrote:

"...you will notice the great difference between the Jewish and
Christian religions. But these are not all. We consider the two
religions so different that one excludes the other. ...we emphasized
that there is no such thing as a Judeo-Christian religion. There is
not any similarity between the two concepts."[Rabbi Maggal (President,
National Jewish Information Service) letter, 21 August 1961.]

So what is the nature of the "Jewish" god?

It is not the God of the Hebrew Bible as we have just seen by their
own admission. They have no need of the concept of God as they have
"killed off God" a long time ago, as James Yaffe comments:

And so it seems we must agree with Rabbi Richard Israel, who writes in
Commentary's symposium on Jewish belief, "[The current discussion on]
the Death of God will cause Jews to ask, `So what else is new?' The
Jewish funeral was a much more private affair. We buried him quietly
and in the middle of the night.'"[James Yaffe, "The American Jews"
(New York: Random House, 1968), pg. 161]

James Yaffe's statement was a comment to a statement made by Rabbi
Sherwin Wine of the Birmingham Temple:

"_the whole concept of God is outdated; Judaism can function perfectly
well without it."

If the self-styled "Jews" have "killed off God", then what sort of
"god" do they have? The Jewish God is the "Jew" as the Jewish Cabala
(Kabbalah) puts it:

"The Jew is the living God, God incarnate: he is the heavenly man. The
other men are earthly, of inferior race. They exist only to serve the
Jew. They are the cattle seed."

In the following quote we begin to understand this "Jewish" idea of
their "god" a little better as it is applied more directly to today:

"The Jewish people as a whole will be its own Messiah. It will attain
world dominion by the dissolution of other races, by the abolition of
frontiers, the annihilation of monarchy, and by the establishment of a
world republic in which the Jews will everywhere exercise the
privilege of citizenship. In this "new world order" the children of
Israel (sic) will furnish all the leaders without encountering opposition.
The Governments of the different peoples forming the world republic
will fall without difficulty into the hands of the Jews. It will then
be possible for the Jewish rulers to abolish private property, and
everywhere to make use of the resources of the state. Thus will the
promise of the Talmud be fulfilled, in which is said that when the
Messianic time is come, the Jews will have all the property of the
whole world in their hands."-Baruch Levy, Letter to Karl Marx, `La
Revue de Paris', p. 574, June 1, 1928

Who are these self-styled "Jews" then if they are not Israelites? One
American Jew woke up to the lie after living in the Israeli
occupational state in Palestine. He put it this way:

"Leading the cry, `We are God's Chosen People,' are the
Ashkenazi Jews who for political purposes chose
Judaism and who don't have a drop of biblical Jewish blood in them.

"The Judeo-Christian ethic we hear so much about in America is a big
joke - the result of an intense Zionist propaganda campaign.

"I'll toss in one last thought about the `God's chosen people' myth:
God said, `Beware of those who call themselves Jews and are not, for
they lie.' Could it be the Ashkenazi Jews are the people to whom God
was referring?"_Jack Bernstein, The Life of an American Jew in Racist
Marxist Israel (California: The Noontide Press, 1984)

Are modern Jews Israelites? Are they Hebrews? In their own writings
these self-styled "Jews" tell us it is incorrect to call a
contemporary "Jew" an "Israelite" or a "Hebrew." Under the heading "A
Brief History of the Terms for Jew," in the 1980 Jewish Almanac, is
the following:

"Strictly speaking it is incorrect to call an ancient Israelite a
"Jew" or to call a contemporary Jew an Israelite or a Hebrew
." 1980
Jewish Almanac, P.3

Judaism or Pharisaism?
In "The Pharisees_The Sociological Background
of Their Faith," Rabbi Louis Finkelstein describes these self-styled
"Jews" and their origins:

"Pharisaism became Talmudism, Talmudism became Medieval Rabbinism, and
Medieval Rabbinism became Modern Rabbinism. But throughout these
changes in name the spirit of the ancient Pharisee survives unaltered.
When the Jew studies the Talmud, he is actually repeating the
arguments used in the Palestinian academies."

"_rabbinic Judaism, the first-born child of Pharisaism, remains a unit
until this day." (p.XXI of Forward to 1st Edition, "The Pharisees,"
Vol. 1, Philadelphia: The Jewish Publication Society of America, 1938
& Vol. 2, p. 622

Jesus had quite a verbal scathing for the Pharisees in Matthew 23. He
exposed them for the sort of people they were:

"Hypocrites," "sons of hell," "blind guides," "fools," "full of
robbery and self-indulgence," "whitewashed tombs full of dead men's
bones and all uncleanness," "full of hypocrisy and lawlessness,"
"partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets," and
"serpents and brood of vipers."

Not quite an endorsement by the Christian Savior.