Author Topic: Christopher Bollyn, American Free Press Reporter, Arrested in Chicago  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Sojourner

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Temp/Temp-ChristopherBollynArrested-Henri.htm

To: 'Henri the Celt'
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:32 PM
Subject: Christopher Bollyn, American Free Press Reporter, Arrested in Chicago without apparent Reason

Henri, -- might be good to put this out to the troops:

I have just received word that American Free Press Reporter Christopher Bollyn was arrested in a very un-American way a few hours ago in Chicago `“ probably between 3 PM and 7 PM, Central Time (August 15, 2006). Bollyn`s intrepid reporting on 9-11 anomalies and lies, the computer votefraud scam, and many other subjects will be known to informed people here in the USA and on several other continents.

The following report was sent to several people by his wife Helje shortly after the arrest, one of whom passed her message on to me. I add a brief commentary after her email in light of what is now know. Here is her report:

Begin quote from Helje, wife of Christopher Bollyn:

`We live in a very quiet neighborhood. We notice every car or person who passes by. We hear every noise behind the window.

`There has been this unmarked dark blue police car with three antennas and three guys inside it circling around our house for some time. Well, Chris did not like it and called the cops. The same unmarked blue police car came back in no time; the guys jumped out and were very arrogant. They did not tell me their names nor showed me their identifications except their shiny police badges.

`Chris had some questions about their mission around our house which they did not seem to like [at all] and they arrested him. Just lovely to see him being pushed face down in the dirt with some dumb knee pushed against his neck by a brute, and hand-cuffs put on him. In no time there were five more police cars lights blinking on the street, our lawn full of cops and a fire truck/ambulance - quite an event!

`I wanted to take some pictures but then they said they would arrest me, too. I had to drop my gardening scissors since they considered it a weapon. They took my name and DOB (note: date of birth). They asked me where I was from.

`It was interesting that they had a woman in the team who calmed down Catherine (note: one of the Bollyn`s children) who was upset. They showed her the fire truck and all. One police officer was very kind to me. If any of you would like to ask any questions about what the Hoffman Estates Police Station is doing with Chris Bollyn, don't hesitate to call:

`Tel. 847- 882-1818, main number or extention #283.

`Hopefully he will be released tonight for a bond ($100 is the smallest amount) and won't be jailed for a longer time. You never know.

`I will keep you informed if there are any changes to the situation.`

End of quote from Helje, wife of Christopher Bollyn.

Comments: I have consulted a lawyer, who said the following: a) there should have been a warrant for his arrest and it would be customary to show it to the person to be arrested and to the wife; b) in the United States, officers usually give both name and badge number when asked, not just flash shiny badges; c) the idea that the wife would be arrested for snapping pictures of this event is preposterous, and a follow up should be made to demand the disciplining of the officer or officers who abused their authority and threatened arrest for such legal activity; d) the fact that they are not telling anyone who calls the charges may be customary in most places; Finally, --

It is now known that reporter Christopher Bollyn is being held in jail overnight for a Bond hearing in the morning.

I believe that calls from around the country to this police station at the number Helje provided may let the arresting force, whoever it is, know that this will be well publicized. More will follow as more becomes known. I imagine the American Free Press website will post developments on their website.

Jim Condit Jr.

Network America E-wire

Realnews247.com

Votefraud.org

NetworkAmerica.org

http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Temp/Temp-MoreOnTheChrisBollynArrest-Henri.htm

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Henri the Celt'
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:47 PM
Subject: Letter from Helje on the release of her husband, Christopher Bollyn, from Hoffman Estates Police jail

Dear Henri `“

Here is a part of the letter I just received from Helje, Christopher Bollyn`s wife. This should be the last installment of the night, but she assures me the full story will be out tomorrow:

Quote from Helje, Christopher Bollyn`s wife:

Dear Jim,

Chris just walked in, all hurting. They used a TASER gun on him and had called his mother a cXXX. Six police officers with rubber gloves and 30 others "greeted" him in the garage when he stepped out in the police station. Chris was previously "informed" in the police car that the s#!& will be beaten out of him. Nice guys.

He was put in a cell without water. He asked for it and was told to drink from the toilet. You have to remember that it was Chris who called the cops about the strange car: maybe they were . . . God knows. Chris had made a whole row of phone calls during the day.

Anyway, you will get the whole scoop by tomorrow morning. Thanks for the phone number and your sincere concerns. We appreciate it a lot. I hope it won't be the beginning of a longer harassment.

Best regards,
Helje

End of qutoe from the email from Helje, Christopher Bollyn`s wife.

(My comment: This is me (Jim Condit Jr) speaking, not Helje or Christopher Bollyn.)

Christopher Bollyn was sent by Willis Carto to our August 2000, Citizens for a Fair Vote Count Convention at the Cincinnati Airport. I met there Christopher and his wife Helje, and their children, for the first time. Christopher took the initiate to contact press about the event, and wrote up an excellent summary of the event in a number of stories for the Spotlight, which was shut down by court order. Now the American Free Press carries on with independent news.

The next time I met Christopher and his wife was at the Barnes Review 2003 in Washington D.C., which featured Hutton Gibson, amongst other interesting speakers. I had three of my teenage children with me. When Christopher Bollyn and Helje walked into the hotel coffee shop where we were grabbing lunch as we first arrived, I told my kids: `This is a real reporter, not like those fakes you see on TV news.`

About 18 months ago Christopher and his family were passing through Cincinnati, Ohio and I was privileged to have lunch with him, Helje, and the kids at a First Watch restaurant. --- I suspect that Christopher was arrested and abused like this precisely because he IS `a real reporter.`

Let`s recall that a few days ago the despicable Traitor who is occupying the office of Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice, absurdly and preposterously appointed what they call an `Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism.`, a Zionist Jew named Gregg Rickmann. Remember also that `anti-Semitism` to the traitors in Washington DC and New York City now means any and all opposition or objection to the imposition of a Communist like police-state on the citizens of the USA, or any objection to their pushes to ignite a World War III.  To these moral devils, the better the reporting, the TRUER the facts, the more logical and compelling the analysis `“ the more `anti-semitic` is it. Under this absurd, broad definition in working use by top Zionist Jews like Homeland Security Chief Michael `my face belongs on an Iodine bottle` Chertoff, and their stooges such as Billy Jeff Clinton and George W. Bush, the comment of John `Birdman` Bryant is appropriate: `If you`re not anti-semitic today, you`re not paying attention.`

The battle lines are now clear: the criminal gang of Zionist Jews running our Fedgov must not be allowed to rip our country, our constitution, and our freedoms apart any further. The abuse of heroic Americans like Christopher Bollyn must not be allowed or countenanced. If thuggish local police are going to carry out the orders of heartless, diabolically minded Zionist Jewish Supremacists like Mikey Chertoff and Greggy Rickmann `“ then we are already under a police state. BUT `“ the American people still have their guns. It is time for all of us to re-acquaint ourselves with ALL the reasons why the Founding Fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment into the Bill of Rights.

I realize that talking about knowing and exercising our 2nd Amendment rights makes a lot of Top Jews nervous, and so be it. To combat against common street criminals, protect oneself and one`s family in times of civil unrest, provide food for one`s family when necessary, and thwart would-be tyrants `“ that`s what the 2nd Amendment is for. If you don`t believe me, consult the Founding Fathers. George Washington, for one, reminded us that, `A well-armed society is a polite society.`

And I`m suspecting that the baseless, brutal arrest and treatment of reporter Christopher Bollyn in the vicinity of Chicago, Illinois earlier tonight `“ is not unrelated to the last two paragraphs. End of my comments.

Jim Condit Jr.

Network America E-wire

Realnews247.com

Votefraud.org

NetworkAmerica.org )

Offline Sojourner

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?noframes;read=91920

BOLLYN - 9/11 Investigative Journalist Harassed and Beaten by Undercover Cops *PIC*

Posted By: ChristopherBollyn <Send E-Mail>
Date: Wednesday, 16 August 2006, 3:03 a.m.

In Response To: Israelis Hold Keys to NSA and U.S. Government Computers *PIC* (ChristopherBollyn)

9/11 INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST
    HARASSED AND BEATEN AT HIS HOME
    BY UNDERCOVER COPS

It's after 2 a.m. in the morning, my deadline is tomorrow, and I have been beaten up by the local police and my right elbow is sorely hurting, but I need to write down exactly what happened to me today before I go to sleep. Otherwise I will forget important details.

I was harassed, beaten, and shocked with a Tazer-like gun in my front yard before my wife and children, and then abused for 6 hours by the ADL-trained local police. I have every reason to believe it is because of my journalistic investigation into 9/11. I have been threatened before in my career as a journalist, but this is the first time I have been intentionally beaten and abused `“ by the cops.

I have investigated 9/11 since it happened and looked into the many unanswered questions of the terror attacks. I discovered last year that I had had at least two FBI informants crawling around my house for years. This is the main reason I do not feel safe in the United States. It is also why I spend much of the time in Europe or at safe houses in this country, with fellow 9/11 researchers like Ellen Mariani and Eric Hufschmid. I have two small children.

I have only been at my old home in Hoffman Estates for a couple of weeks, mainly because my road-weary children dearly love this old red house, which is the only home they have ever known. It is just a simple Hoffman-Rosner suburban Chicago tract home that my late parents bought in 1957, but it's home.

I had noticed an unusual amount of police activity around my house since I returned. We live on a quiet side street where one might normally see a police cruiser once or twice a week. Since I returned I have noticed all kinds of police cars and devices in the immediate proximity of my house.

But yesterday there was something very unusual around my house. It was an unmarked car with three armed men with body armor driving around my block as I rode my bike to the store. Who in the heck is that? I thought to myself. It looks like they are going to my house, but I won't be there, I thought.

Then today, the same time and the same car with three men passed slowly by my house where the neighborhood kids were playing. "Hello, FBI," I said from my porch and waved.

The man in the front passenger seat waved back. I immediately alerted my wife and kids. Helje said I should stop them and ask them what they want.

For background, today I was working on two rather big stories and I made a lot of phone calls to the Embassy of Israel, the S.E.C., the office of the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, and to an old Israeli living in New York who I have suspicions may be a key player in 9/11. I'd like to discuss this lead but I can't at this point.

All of my calls were about 9/11 related, except for the calls to the Embassy and local consulate of Israel. These were standard journalistic inquiries about Israel casualties and losses in Lebanon. The Embassy press department didn't like my questions, but I told them it's my job. I wanted to know about the number of dead and wounded and if 60 Merkava tanks had been taken out, as Hezbollah claims.

Then I also asked where exactly the two Israeli soldiers had been abducted. I told them that there were at least 15 newswire stories that said the soldiers had been captured in the Lebanese village of Aitaa al-Shaab `“ inside Lebanon. He was surprised to hear that, too.

Apart from my un-disclosable investigation, the other calls were about how Jacob "Kobi" Alexander was able to flee with more than $60 million dollars last week, several months after it was public knowledge that he and the other Israelis working with Comverse Technology, Ltd. had swindled hundred of millions through fraudulent stock options trades. This has been going on for years, and The Wall Street Journal and Globes (Israel) reported the names and the amounts last March. For crying out loud, my newspaper, American Free Press, reported it in April 2005.

I wanted to know from the SEC and the U.S. Attorney's office how this Kobi Alexander was able to wire $60 million to his account in Israel and flee New York without any body stopping him. "If I wired $5 million to Norway the whole NSA and FBI would be all over me," I said.

The U.S. Attorney's office said they "expect" Kobi will turn himself in. Note to the wise: Don't count on it.

Kobi Alexander was one of the owners and developers of Odigo software which allowed Israelis to communicate instantly on 9/11. It was via the "buddy system" on Odigo software, which allows one to communicate to a large group of people that share a trait, such as the Hebrew language, that thousands of Israelis were warned not to go to the twin towers on 9/11.

Kobi Alexander's Mossad-linked company, Comverse Technology, was a developer and owner of Odigo since early 2000, something The New York Times does not consider to be part of "All the News that's Fit to Print." Comverse makes a black box system called the "Audio Disk" that police, intelligence and security agencies, and governments around the world, have attached to their phone networks. This simple device allows the Israeli employees of Comverse back in Tel Aviv to hear and intercept all the data being exchanged by these naive agencies...everything.

Hello...?

I had finished all of my calls and watched the first part of the Lou Dobb's news program on CNN and was on my way to the store, when I stepped out on the stoop and saw this threatening dark car full of obvious agents of some sort. I immediately warned my wife and kids and rode the bike to the store.

Something is not right, I said to myself, and I stopped at the local wine shop and asked to use the phone. I called 911 and told them that a strange car with armed men is driving around my neighborhood for no apparent reason. I was told that a police car would meet me at my house in 20 minutes.

I was just in my house a few minutes when the very same suspicious car stopped in front of my house and three armor-clad men stood on my driveway. I had just been calling the police department and put down the phone. I was more than a little surprised to see these armor-clad thugs on my driveway.

My wife and 8-year old daughter were already there and I asked these men who they were and why they were harassing my street. Why are you driving around with this unmarked car around my house, I asked? Who are you, anyway? They were not at all willing to identify themselves and were very confrontational, to say the least.

I ran to my front door to call my brother when the three of them tackled me and shocked me with some sort of stun-gun. The three men then sat on me and pushed my face in the dirt, handcuffed me and put me in their car.

Remember, I had called 911 because of a suspicious car in my neighborhood, a neighborhood I have known since 1957, when my parents helped found this town.

I have two small children, after all, and this car looked very threatening to me. This is what I call my normal neighborhood obligations, but I discovered that they are actually watching us. They even joked about it at the station later. "We are watching you," they said.

It should be noted that my neighborhood does not have any crime or gangs or anything of that nature that would warrant an undercover squad to patrol around my house day after day. This is why it is so suspicious. And why are they patrolling around my house?

As they pummeled me, my wife was pleading for me and my daughter was crying. I really wanted my brother, my neighbors, and my son to come help me but before even one minute had passed there were dozens of cops and firemen in my front yard.

Where did they all come from so quickly? How were so many police in my neighborhood at the same time? This is most unusual, as Hoffman Estates is spread out all over northwest Cook County, but there were at least 5 squad cars and at least 10 officers in my front yard within one minute of my being beaten up on my lawn.

Sitting in the squad car with handcuffs on is when the private abuse began. Officer Fitzgerald indulged in offending me, my late mother, a village pioneer, and then threatened to beat me.

When another officer came to the car, he told me that this guy was going to beat the ---- out of me. When I repeated what he said word for word, he would say, "I didn't say that."

He then started to drive me to the station, which is about three miles away from the old village center where I live. Bombarded with continuous verbal abuse, when I would say something from the back-seat he would slam on the brakes so that my head hit the plexi-glass separation window. Typical Chicago cop torture treatment; rough the guy up on the way to the station. This is exactly the kind of thing that I ran against when I ran for mayor of this town in 2001.

I decided to lean back on the seat and not say another word.

When we got to the station, there was a host of white-gloved cops waiting for me in the police garage. When Officer Fitzgerald drove in to the garage, he told the 10-12 waiting cops: "He says cops are a bunch of `¦`¦`¦.. You can take care of him now."

When they took me out, I informed them that I am a journalist and will write about their treatment. The verbal abuse now came from all sides. They told me I should get out of town, etc. I told them that my dear parents had founded Hoffman Estates, but they didn't care.

When I was in the station they forcibly stripped off my belt and tore of my shirt leaving me clad only in shorts and undershirt. I asked why I was being detained and they told me that I had resisted arrest and threatened the police with my fists, two complete lies.

I was never the subject of any arrest. I had called to police to report a suspicious vehicle driving around my home!

I was thrown into a cell with no water. I asked for a drink of water and was told, "Drink from the toilet."

Why am I being treated this way, I wondered?

At midnight, an officer came to my cell and asked if I could pay $100 to get out. What I am being charged with, I asked? I called the police and they beat me up in my front yard, I protested.

What did I do to deserve that?

My older brother had posted bail and shortly after midnight, I was pushed out onto the street with a good two-mile walk home.

I am shocked at how I was treated, because although my journalism gets me into trouble with police in many places, I have never been treated so brutally in my life. I honestly believe this brutal treatment is connected to my 9/11 research.

I intend to seek asylum in Norway or Switzerland. I can read the writing on the wall.

Investigative journalists are not safe in Iraq `“ or the United States.

Photo: Christopher Bollyn, investigative journalist for American Free Press, was beaten and arrested on trumped-up charges at his home in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile
Unbelievable. Has it EVER been determined what he was charged with? I mean, if he's out on bail, then that means there will be trial. How can they claim he was "resisting arrest" if they can't provide a reason WHY they were arresting him??
"Divert, distort, denigrate, disrupt or destroy any discussion of the corruption of American liberty by the organized lobby of a foreign power."  ~ WindRiverShoshoni

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freedomportal.net
The Italians don't even know why he was arrested. No one does .... not even the cops.  :-\
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline arden

• Major
    • View Profile

The Italians don't even know why he was arrested. No one does .... not even the cops.

They'll probably say he interfered with an investigation but the charges have been dropped - case dismissed.  He got the message.  He's leaving the country.

Sanhedrin: It is the Jewish law and all the nations have to obey this law.

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
He's leaving the country.
Where is he going?

Strolling down memory lane ...

Quote from: "Modechai Vanunu Defies Jail to Speak" BY: Christopher Bollyn Dated: October 4, 2004
ISRAEL (August 2, 2004) -- Mordechai Vanunu, Israel's most famous dissident free after 18 years in prison, is ready to defy the severe restrictions imposed upon him by the Israeli military and tell the western media everything he knows about the Middle East's largest secret arsenal of weapons of mass destruction. However, because the hidden stockpiles belong to Israel, no American news outlet is interested in discussing this, except American Free Press.

"I have sacrificed my freedom and risked my life in order to expose the danger of nuclear weapons, which threaten this whole region," Vanunu said in an exclusive interview with American Free Press on July 28.

Vanunu spent 18 years in an Israeli prison-11 and a half of them in solitary confinement-for providing evidence of Israel's nuclear arsenal to a British newspaper in 1986. "I acted on behalf of all citizens and all of humanity," said Vanunu.

In October 1986, Vanunu, a nuclear technician who had worked at the Dimona Nuclear Power Plant in the Negev Desert for 10 years, traveled to London and gave photographic evidence to The Sunday Times that Israel was secretly developing nuclear weapons. Two months earlier he had converted to Christianity while traveling in Australia.

After having learned about the secret production of plutonium for nuclear weapons at Dimona, in 1985 Vanunu believed it was his responsibility to inform the citizens of the world that an arsenal of nuclear weapons was being created in Israel.

Vanunu provided evidence and described how Israel had built an arsenal of over 200 nuclear bombs and neutron bombs. Before The Times's story was even published, however, Vanunu had been lured to Rome and kidnapped by Israeli secret service agents. A secret trial followed, and Vanunu was locked in a tiny, windowless cell for more than a decade.

When Vanunu was released from an Israeli prison on April 21, the Israeli military authorities imposed severe restrictions on his freedom. He is banned from leaving the country, confined to an assigned residence and denied the right to be in contact with journalists or foreigners.

The human rights organization Amnesty International (AI) protested the restrictions imposed on Vanunu saying on April 19: "Vanunu must not be subject to arbitrary restrictions and violations of his fundamental rights on the basis of pretexts or suspicions about what he may do in the future."

The restrictions on Vanunu's movement, speech and association violate the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which Israel has ratified and is obliged to uphold, according to AI. While Israeli officials contend the restrictions are to prevent Vanunu from divulging information about Israel's nuclear arsenal, AI sees it differently: "Israel's determination to curtail Vanunu's freedom and contact with the outside world seem to be intended to prevent him from revealing details of his abduction by Israeli secret service agents 18 years ago in Rome in what was clearly an unlawful act," AI said.

According to Jonathan Cook of The Guardian in Britain, Vanunu's brother, Meir, who lives with him at St. George's, says there is another motive for the restrictions and confinement of Israel's most famous dissident: Vanunu's release brings attention to Israel's nuclear arsenal at precisely the moment when the justification for attacking Saddam Hussein's Iraq-his possession of weapons of mass destruction-is shown to have been hollow.

"If Vanunu were free to talk, he might remind the world that the greatest threat to Middle East peace comes not from Baghdad but from Tel Aviv," Cook wrote. "That is a message neither America nor Britain wants to hear right now."

The same controlled U.S. media networks that sent embedded reporters into combat in Iraq and published false reports about that nation's alleged weapons of mass destruction, are seemingly afraid to go to St. George's Cathedral in East Jerusalem and interview Vanunu, Israel's most famous dissident and peace activist, for fear of crossing a line drawn by the Israeli military.

American Free Press, however, and the London-based Arabic language newspaper Al Hayat have interviewed Vanunu recently from St. George's, where he has sought asylum in the Anglican church compound a short distance from the U.S. Consulate in East Jerusalem.

Vanunu on the JFK Assassination
Comments made by Vanunu during an interview with Al Hayat's weekly magazine Al Wassat, published on July 25, made headlines around the world but were completely ignored in the United States, where they could have caused immense political damage to Israel. As The Jerusalem Post's article headline read, "Vanunu: Israel behind JFK assassination."

Russia's Pravda article of July 27 began: "Israel may be implicated in the biggest crime of the past century, which took place in Dallas in 1963."

Iran's Tehran Times, writing from Jerusalem, said: "In a startling accusation, nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu has alleged that Jerusalem was behind the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, who was exerting pressure on the then Israeli head of state to shed light on the Dimona nuclear plant." Similar articles appeared in newspapers around the world, but in the United States this explosive news was only reported by wire services and in Jewish newspapers.

Vanunu's comments that there are "near-certain indications" that Israel was involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy support the thesis of Michael Collins Piper, presented in his book Final Judgment, that Israeli agents played a key role in the murder. AFP asked Vanunu to explain his comments about Israeli involvement in the murder of President Kennedy.

"My view is that Kennedy was assassinated because of his strong opposition to [Israeli prime minister] Ben Gurion," Vanunu said. At the time, Ben Gurion was working to create a nuclear arsenal for Israel. The group that was involved with Ben Gurion in developing and protecting Israel's nuclear arsenal "was behind the assassination of Kennedy," Vanunu said.

As Piper documents in Final Judgment, Kennedy's resistance to Israel becoming a nuclear-armed state led to increasing hostility between the two leaders until Ben Gurion resigned in June 1963. Kennedy had realized that the Israelis were producing illegal nuclear weapons from the nuclear reactor given to Israel in 1959 under the "Atoms for Peace" program.

In the Al Wassat interview, Vanunu said: "Israel possesses between 100 and 200 nuclear weapons, including a neutron bomb and hydrogen bombs, which are tenfold in their effect. If an atomic bomb can kill 100,000 people then the hydrogen bomb can kill a million.

"We do not know which irresponsible Israeli prime minister will take office and decide to use nuclear weapons in the struggle against neighboring Arab countries," The Jerusalem Post reported Vanunu having said. "What has already been exposed about the weapons Israel is holding [is that they] can destroy the region and kill millions."

Vanunu Warns of a 'Second Chernobyl'
Vanunu also warned of the environmental dangers of nuclear leaks at Israel's antiquated nuclear facility at Dimona. An earthquake or nuclear accident at Dimona could result in the "leaking of nuclear radiation, threatening millions of people in neighboring countries," Vanunu said.

Jordan, in particular, was mentioned as being in danger of nuclear contamination. "Dimona's chimneys do not operate unless the winds blow in the direction of Jordan," Vanunu said. A Jordanian government spokesman, Asma Khader, responded promptly to Vanunu's claim, saying, "The kingdom is free of radiation."

Vanunu also criticized the recent visit to Israel of Mohamed El Baradei, head of the UN's nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). "I am very disappointed by Mr. El Baradei because I expected him to go and inspect the Dimona reactor," Vanunu said. "The job of Mr. Baradei is to go and see if what I said ... if it's true."

Vanunu stressed to AFP his strong desire to speak with the media despite the restrictions, and provide them with information and his views on the need for peace-and a nuclear-free Middle East.

Asked if the U.S. media was interested in meeting him, Vanunu said "not one" American or British newspaper or television network had visited him at St. George's since his release from prison. "Why are they in silence?" Vanunu asked AFP about the U.S. media. "Why is the press not coming to see me? The media should bring my case to the people and the politicians. This case must be heard."

Linda Rothstein, editor of the Chicago-based Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, however, showed little interest in Vanunu's story, saying that Vanunu has his supporters and that the Bulletin is not an advocacy group. Likewise, Kay Seok of Human Rights Watch said that there was nothing they could do. "Nobody at HRW is working on Israel right now," she said.

'You Cannot Break the Human Spirit'
Vanunu desperately wants to leave Israel, where he is viewed as a traitor, and seek political asylum in the United States. Nick and Mary Eoloff of St. Paul, Minnesota, have formally adopted Vanunu and are ready to provide him sanctuary. Mrs. Eoloff told AFP that Vanunu's life is in danger in Israel.

"I want to go abroad and start my life as a free man," Vanunu said after Israel's high court upheld the military's restrictions on his movement and freedom. "If Israel is a democracy, it should allow me to do it."

Asked if he had been tortured during his 18 years in prison, Vanunu said, "Of course." He said he had been subjected to "mental and psychological torture" that was "cruel and barbaric."

Because he had converted to Christianity he had received worse treatment than Jewish prisoners, he said. Vanunu said he had been treated like a Palestinian and that his captors had tried to "destroy" him. "I am a symbol of the will of freedom," he said. "You cannot break the human spirit."

Asked about his supporters in the United States, Vanunu said: "I need their support to get me out. Americans should raise their voices with their congressmen and ask them in a loud voice to visit me and bring attention to my case.

"My country is not Israel," Vanunu said. "I want to be free and to leave Israel. Israel does not respect my basic human rights," Vanunu said. "I am denied the freedom of movement and freedom of speech-like all Palestinians. I want peace and freedom from all nuclear weapons in the Middle East."

www.americanfreepress.net/html/vanunu.html

Thunderpants, please tell jjbrower that this is what happens to real journalists - they become a threat and get arrested. The rest of them are insignificant.  ;D
I support The Concept | "Freedom is a possession of inestimable value." - Cicero

Offline arden

• Major
    • View Profile

Where is he going?

"I intend to seek asylum in Norway or Switzerland. I can read the writing on the wall."

Offline NOLAJBS

• General
  • Leaderless resistance
    • View Profile
I skimmed right over that.  :-[

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile

"I intend to seek asylum in Norway or Switzerland. I can read the writing on the wall."

Yes, and DBS is in France...wonder who it will be next? Hopefully, this "forced expatriation" will soon be noted by the masses of common 'Murkins for the badge of honor that it is (why do I get the feeling Alex Jones will never have to worry about moving? :D )
"Divert, distort, denigrate, disrupt or destroy any discussion of the corruption of American liberty by the organized lobby of a foreign power."  ~ WindRiverShoshoni

Offline arden

• Major
    • View Profile
NOLAJBS, dominique,

I don't remember if it was Bollyn or Michael Collins Piper who wrote an article for American Free Press reporting that Chicago Mob Boss, Sam Giancana, had an Israeli liaison who was directing Giancana and receiving mob profits from him that were being used to arm Israelis.

It wasn't Meyer Lansky, who later moved to Israel.  It was an Israeli but I can't so far, haven't been able to find the article or remember his name.   

[edit] MCP - Hyman 'Hy' Larner http://69.28.73.17/thorn2006/piperphelps.html
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 12:20:37 AM by arden »

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Bollyn, American Free Press Reporter, Arrested in Chicago
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 11:37:06 AM »

Not a terribly good idea. Switzerland is where Mark Rich and a whole gaggle of 'Russian' criminals found a home. They also just 'streamlined' their 'justice' apparatus with Chertoff. It's also the place where a number of Revisionists are in jail and others like Günter Graf had to flee (to Iran). Not just Revisionism is a crime, connecting 9/11 to Jews will get him the same treatment. Bad choice all around. Don't get fooled, Switzerland right now is operating under false pretenses - the most kosher place in Europe. That's what the NaziGold Extortion was all about, not a measly Billion, but blackmailing the home of William Tell into rolling over; an old item on the agenda. Someone should tell Bollyn - Heidi has become a filthy whore...

Errata: Günter is Jürgen, of course.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 03:18:05 PM by Proemio »

Offline arden

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 07:21:11 PM »

Errata: Günter is Jürgen, of course.

Of course.  I looked up Errata but what does Jürgen mean? 

The rest about Switzerland is sad news.  The infection is rampant.

Hopefully, friends will bolster him and he'll change his mind.

The police just lie.  They lie to eachother about the arrestee so they can more easily mistreat him and they lie to the arrestee to put fear into him.

Anyone who reads this should remember that police in the US are liars.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 07:50:32 PM »

Of course.  I looked up Errata but what does Jürgen mean?
In the post I write Günter Graf, but it's Jürgen Graf, a very competent revisionist (I used to get drunk a lot with his mentor, who is even better, but prefers to be unknown). Anywhoo, I mixed Günter Grass an Jürgen Graf - neither of them would appreciate the mix up.

FWIW, Günter Grass is the German Nobel Price Literary 'Moralist' (German Guilt Forever, sort of thing), who a few days ago revealed that at 17 he was in the SS. The Jews in Germany are now debating whether to have him executed, or worse, take away his Nobel Price - quite funny stuff...

Offline arden

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

Your patience with my obliviousness is appreciated.

[clip] In 1998 [Günter] was prosecuted, along with his publisher, Gerhard Förster, for "denying" the gas chambers and the six million figure. In July 1998 a Swiss court sentenced him to 15 months imprisonment, and to pay a large fine, because of his writings.

Rather than serve the sentence, in August 2000 Graf went into exile. In 2001 he married a Russian historian in Moscow.

You are right.  Switzerland is well jewed up. 

Proemio,
(I used to get drunk a lot with his mentor, who is even better, but prefers to be unknown).

I imagine that removed some of the luster from sober, metropolitan conversation.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 04:43:52 AM »
Just ridding "Latest Posts" of LF-Obsession garbage 8)

Offline NuclearWinter

• Loyal Soldier of the Almighty
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 06:54:38 PM »
What's really sad in all of this, with journalists seeking asylum elsewhere, is that eventually we'll be left no real journalists. As it is we only have a handful of Chris Bollyn's, and if they bolt, we're left with Faux News and the Communist News Network (Fascism vs. Communism on our television sets).  I wish these men and women had the hardened resolve to cowboy up, lock and load, and "take care of business" the good ole' Western way.  Because of the proposed assault rifle ban the militia is shitting their pants and aren't quite sure what to do.  I've recommended State wide offensive/defensive plans with organic logistical controls and combat support elements as well as getting the leaders to talk to one another to develop a real plan of action. 
To no avail.  If our own armed volunteers won't even stand up, I guess I can't really blame these journalists too much for leaving.  It's a very sad time in our country.
What happened to our intestinal fortitude, and when did cops become the street gangs that they were supposedly against?

-NW
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act