Author Topic: The Liberty Incident: The 1967 Israeli Attack on the U.S. Spy Ship  (Read 9580 times)

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
- The Liberty Incident: The 1967 Israeli Attack on the U.S. Spy Ship
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 01:34:46 PM »
We see why
gelignite

Major

has not moved up in the ranks...

....he cannot lie well enough!  :)

Every word I say is the absolute, 100% truth. No instance in which I've lied has ever been demonstrated.

On the other hand, you and Walt see to lie with every keystroke you can muster.
I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
Yes, there was quite a bit of smoke before the torpedo boats attacked, according to the testimony of the crew. The ship had just been strafed.

The boat commander who misidentified the ship wasn't an "intel" person. He was a sailor. He was trying to match what he could see through the smoke with a silhouette in a book.

So Israeli boat commander plus attack planes ALL misidentified the Liberty?  You say the "commander" was trying to take out an enemy ship before reaching "safe harbor"...well this seems to assume the Liberty was still moving, in which case it wouldn't have been as clouded with smoke.  BTW, what were the weather conditions?  Dead calm or some wind to blow away smoke?  Were there repercussions (ie officers fired) after Izzy air force/navy repeatedly failed to properly ID a US ship?  Was such incompetence frequent?  Is there a history of Israel making major friendly-fire blunders?  Maybe the King David Hotel bombing was an accident also?! 

My local jewish newspaper, Washington Post, has ignored the Liberty massacre for years...it was perhaps about 10 years ago they dealt with it in any substantial way...but not on the front page of course--it was in a book review where the Post lamely claimed it was an honest mistake.  Wow, the zionists, according to you, have all the evidence on their side, but are decidedly unwilling to give the story any further attention!

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:50 AM »
So Israeli boat commander plus attack planes ALL misidentified the Liberty?  You say the "commander" was trying to take out an enemy ship before reaching "safe harbor"...well this seems to assume the Liberty was still moving, in which case it wouldn't have been as clouded with smoke.  BTW, what were the weather conditions?  Dead calm or some wind to blow away smoke?  Were there repercussions (ie officers fired) after Izzy air force/navy repeatedly failed to properly ID a US ship?  Was such incompetence frequent?  Is there a history of Israel making major friendly-fire blunders?  Maybe the King David Hotel bombing was an accident also?! 

My local jewish newspaper, Washington Post, has ignored the Liberty massacre for years...it was perhaps about 10 years ago they dealt with it in any substantial way...but not on the front page of course--it was in a book review where the Post lamely claimed it was an honest mistake.  Wow, the zionists, according to you, have all the evidence on their side, but are decidedly unwilling to give the story any further attention!

I am beginning to think that 'Gelignite' is actually 'NOLAJBS', posting in order to sir up some controversy and draw some attention at the site...

What is 'Gelignite'?

From the WliPedia:

Gelignite, also known as blasting gelatin or simply jelly, is an explosive material consisting of collodion-cotton (a type of nitrocellulose or gun cotton) dissolved in either nitroglycerine or nitroglycol and mixed with wood pulp and saltpetre (sodium nitrate or potassium nitrate).

It was invented in 1875 by Alfred Nobel, who had earlier invented dynamite. Unlike dynamite, gelignite does not suffer from the dangerous problem of sweating, the leaking of unstable nitroglycerine from the solid matrix. Its composition makes it easily moldable and safe to handle without protection, as long as it is not near anything capable of detonating it. One of the cheapest explosives, it burns slowly and cannot explode without a detonator, so it can be stored safely.

Due to its widespread civilian use in quarries and mining, it has historically been often used by revolutionaries, insurgents, and guerrillas such as Irish Republican Army

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
I am beginning to think that 'Gelignite' is actually 'NOLAJBS', posting in order to sir up some controversy and draw some attention at the site...

What is 'Gelignite'?

I dunno, Gelignite seems to be pretty active on various boards, & he has a complete lack of irony.  Plus I don't see how 'drawing attention' would be working out since google has demoted FP.

Offline grizzle

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »

I very much doubt that. When Gelignite was on Argue With Everyone, he was all about debunking 9/11 and maintaining the official story. And he gave it his all. That would be difficult for one of us to stomach.
"Yes I know, science fiction...but actually, science fact." - Vincent Price in Scream and Scream Again

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:31 AM »
I very much doubt that. When Gelignite was on Argue With Everyone, he was all about debunking 9/11 and maintaining the official story. And he gave it his all. That would be difficult for one of us to stomach.

Oh, OK...I never really saw his posts on other boards, so thanks for informing me...It's just that there is such unanimity of opinion here on the real Liberty story, a little cooked up controversy might spice up certain threads...I have observed from different boards that certain posters will have two or three names they use...Controversy can generate web traffic.

I dunno, Gelignite seems to be pretty active on various boards, & he has a complete lack of irony.  Plus I don't see how 'drawing attention' would be working out since google has demoted FP.

Well, there is another 'Freedom Portal' ('Practical Freedom') that comes up when you do a search for FP.

Offline Germanic American Fox

• First Sergeant
  • Neither a citizen nor subject be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »
Yes, there was quite a bit of smoke before the torpedo boats attacked, according to the testimony of the crew. The ship had just been strafed.

The boat commander who misidentified the ship wasn't an "intel" person. He was a sailor. He was trying to match what he could see through the smoke with a silhouette in a book.
OK neither of us can understand each other here I am talking before the attack, you are talking in the middle of the attack!

They we're in the middle of a war. Having believed that the ship had fired on troop positions, they were attempting to take it out before it reached safe harbor. When had they been fired on! I don't know this aspect of the official story. All I know is that the Israelis had admitted a few years ago that they had been executing Egyptian POWs right while this spyship was heading into range to hear the kill orders!   

No reason to think it was a Russian or American ship that had fired on them.
I think they would know that the ship in the area! Israeli intel' if you look at former MOSSAD men is very advanced. Their was a Russia ship in the area to which saw the whole thing!
Which people where?

In any event, none of the sailors who testified at the Navy inquiry ever said that Cristol misquoted them. Their testimony is a matter of record.

The Navy made up so much bull that day that USS Liberty Crew members had to start the forum I mentioned to just combat that alone with tons of bullshit the Israeli shills in the press had been heaping day after day. They kicked all the debunker's ass which came down there, by the way if it ever comes back on line I will have you go there to be humiliated... By the way that forum had more rules about debate then this one and was exclusively dedicated to the topic!

You should really listen to the vets and not what people write about them!
If the Jews are all innocent and saintly then that would be as big an anomaly among humans as if they were all plotting and scheming towards world domination!

An “anti-semite” in actual usage, is less often a man who hates Jews then a man certain Jews hate.  Joseph Sobran

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 05:16:41 PM »
I dunno, Gelignite seems to be pretty active on various boards, & he has a complete lack of irony.   

Multiple assignments.  8)
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu