Author Topic: [LF] Is LF finally dead??  (Read 3350 times)

Offline rusalka

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Is LF finally dead??
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 08:40:10 PM »
I'll continue to post at LF. But I'm so deeply disappointed with and mistrustful of the LF "moderating team" - or what sadly passes for it - that I'm not going to support LF (unless radical change happens) with articles any longer. The more people boycott the site over its mismangement and refuse to support it with articles, the better - perhaps then management will be forced to choose between continuing to behave like petty tyrants or running the forum in at least a half-assed professional manner.

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 08:45:48 PM »
As cynical as I am about LF, I was doubly surprised to see it reopened with "OWK"'s flippant arrogance.  And also of the comments by CubicleGuy that "secrecy has always been part of LibertyForum administration," and "AdaC"'s response, that: "People are too concerned with the identity of LF management."

Boggled mine mind.

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 08:49:14 PM »
And also of "Max Soldo"/"Ante_Gotovina" waltzing back in to announce the reopening of his Speakeasy forum and just brushing aside his brother's post (from "Max Soldo"'s own computer), that "My brother NiccoloandDonkey is dead--shot by a NATO soldier...".

What a crock these creatures are.

Offline ricoyung

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »
I dunno,almost everytime I go there seems to be errors of some sort or another, this eve was checking new articles there and found one I wanted to see....ERROR! its tooo frustrating, I like to get in a groove and ride it till I'm spent, I dont enjoy being interrupted just when I'm gettin steam up.
"Even if you think you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers

Offline rusalka

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »
Some of the responses and attitudes were truly appalling. I was particularly blown away by Earth_AD's comment in Post 294457368.

Offline rusalka

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »
Me either.

Offline MrSpock

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 02:24:55 AM »
MrSpock
 You cant be serious, you cant blame those people for showing some loyalty to LF, there was a lot of good info that came out of there(and mis-info) a veritable cornucopia of ideas and thoughts,IMHO I believe this is an open forum and there should be no requisites to joinining, at least not what you suggest, with all their combined contributions we cannot afford to refuse them.

I am loyal to LF, I post there too. But it is totally unfair to rush to another place only during powerout. No sane person maintains a forum just for that. I will divide my time between here and LF (which is by the way, not a great forum, only ran on an excellent software).

Gabor

Offline ricoyung

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 06:17:09 AM »
I will divide my time between here and LF (which is by the way, not a great forum, only ran on an excellent software
F your saying LF is the great forum and NOLA has the great software, I agree, however it could be that we are so used to the look and feel of LF, maybe if we get used to the same here and if we have as many posts here it could be just as good, although I would like to see something like the "newest articles" here like at LF, makes it a breeze to find stuff of interest.
"Even if you think you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers

Offline Liberty_Burning

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 08:16:56 PM »
As of Saturday morning 3/4/06 at 12:10 AM my 19th attempt at posting my politically-inflamatory post regarding vegetable gardening has failed. LF is dead IMO. Bedtime for me.

Offline phoenix

• Taking a sabbatical
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 08:57:38 PM »
LF isn't dead. More of a vegetative state.

I think it will survive as long as there posters who prefer a forum with no leadership and no standards.

Offline NewMath

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 09:07:17 PM »
have you seen the science & technology section lately?
youre gone.
grizzle is gone.
rusalka is gone.
tinymind is gone,chris pdx is gone, i havent seen piper or drcarrots over there either.
(for what its worth, im gone too)

still some good posts/posters, but its a shadow of its former self.

Offline Thrawn

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 09:14:49 PM »
LF isn't dead. More of a vegetative state.

I think it will survive as long as there posters who prefer a forum with no leadership and no standards.

Vegetative state?  It's more like as though LF's in a MySQL induced coma i reckon.

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 09:19:19 PM »
Vegetative state?

No, that was yer pal "Niccolo and Donkey."  But he has risen.   :D

Funny to watch him just brush aside the fact that his own brother, from his own computer (as verified by IP), claimed last month that he was "killed by a NATO officer"; and then, that "Max Soldo," himself, said that he'd gone down to Venezuela and Colombia, but doesn't seem to want to say why, and just "forgot to pay my ISP bill."  Good unclean fun, this 'net.

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 01:28:24 AM »
Something very fishy about that story.  I would say they got a thirty day suspension for posting your pic.
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2006, 01:37:28 AM »
It wasn't just my pic that was posted at Speakeasy.   It was a pic Photoshopped (admittedly, boastfully) by "NiccoloandDonkey", and which was libelous and was taken down by three (3) separate corporate photo-hosting sites within a month's time.

F*ck him.  I'll deal with him shortly, should he do so again.

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 01:50:51 AM »
I don't really remember it exactly, just read a thread once over there where Eddy said "Like this" and she posted a pic.  Then it seemed the site went down shortly after.
We shall see if they post it again or not?   That will tell the story.  Too bad I didn't download it so I could see it better. :)

I was reading in a hurry when someone linked to SE in a LF thread.
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!

Offline ricoyung

• Gunnery Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
bumpity