Author Topic: Free Republic backs Dubai Port deal  (Read 3374 times)

Offline HappyPant

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Free Republic backs Dubai Port deal
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 12:03:05 PM »
It's considered approved activity.

Offline Eichmann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »
Oh, I wonder who from LF is from Phoenix, but yes, water is key. I live in the suburbs and am considering putting in a stab well without notifying the township... :o  We Nazis are some bad MoFo's.
Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?

-Martin Luther (On the Jews and Their Lies)

Offline HappyPant

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »
Just be sure to get the water tested by a reliable lab.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 12:12:19 PM »
It's considered approved activity.
What a relief.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 12:32:02 PM »
Vhat? Tell me more
Sorry, That would involve research, which would involve time - you can guess the rest...
But, in the last year or two, there was some controversy about one of those little fiefdoms breaking rank by allowing the Izzies to set up shop. I'm pretty sure it was Dubai. But could have been Bahrein and was a condition to get a Formula 1 race. Doesn't matter much. Most of the places around there are run by imposters and assorted poodles. The fact that the admin is pushing for it so desperately, together with the phony, controlled opposition by the Shumer's, should tell us all we need to know.

Offline Smokr

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Smokr's Lair
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 01:03:03 PM »
Of course Freeperland supports it. What Bush and the Neo-Cons say is gold there. Why are you even mentioning this? LOL
It is akin to saying "US supports Israel in....(fill in the blank)"

Offline HappyPant

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 01:07:57 PM »
What happened to the folks at FR anyway?  They can't all have been bought.  What gives?

Offline Liberty_Burning

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 08:13:25 AM »
'What gives (with FR)'

Above, Proemio made mention of "SuperBots". Maybe the place is mostly just a bunch of software apps talking to each other and everyone with more than half-a-brain gave up and left. Maybe it's a test-bed for some of Poindexter's TIA projects. A kind of intellectual 'automated electronic Judas goat'. Like TV 'news' programs, just with more advanced algorithms. Ya gotta admit that it's at least possible these days.

Offline HappyPant

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 08:38:53 AM »
It's always a good question.  I often wonder to what extent we're monitored and/or messed with.  It's certainly possible that a lot of this online stuff is an advanced psyop, with all kinds of technology employed, but it's also possible that it's nothing at all and nobody cares.  Are we just a few misfits at the far corner of the Internet amusing ourselves, or are we at the epicenter of the global information war?  Some days it seems like it could be either, or even both at the same time.  I was actually mildly disappointed this weekend to find that I'm not on the no-fly list.  I would have thought I'd at least earned that.

Offline Apathycrat

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 01:44:13 PM »
Five minutes until banned?  That's beat my every attempt!  Damn, don't think I've ever gotten the second post in myself ;D.
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused ~ Elvis Costello

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »
It's always a good question.  I often wonder to what extent we're monitored and/or messed with.  It's certainly possible that a lot of this online stuff is an advanced psyop, with all kinds of technology employed, but it's also possible that it's nothing at all and nobody cares.  Are we just a few misfits at the far corner of the Internet amusing ourselves, or are we at the epicenter of the global information war?  Some days it seems like it could be either, or even both at the same time.  I was actually mildly disappointed this weekend to find that I'm not on the no-fly list.  I would have thought I'd at least earned that.

Doing what we are doing here and on other sites is likely serving certain interests quite well. In fact, we are actually more or less "locking" ourselves up, at our expense while staying virtually out of the way.

Imagine for one moment if we were preaching in the great halls of learning, at the churches, on the streets or any other significant public place........................ Just imagine.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Apathycrat

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 02:18:01 PM »
It's a very good question indeed.  My data is not current since it's now been 16 yrs since I was a Fraud Investigator at the Rentagon, nor is it complete since I was on the periphery...but the gubmit's clearly become more, rather than less, incompetent so my guess is they don't have nearly the capability we think they do.  Sure the NSA has Echelon and more MIPs than the private sector; the NRO has about 500 comm satellites; Langley has about 50,000 spies; the FBI has Carnivore; NCIS has Aegis; and DIA has Eagle Eye (a now unclassified mil version of the Hubble only pointed toward Earth) but gubmit sigint has always (at least since WW2 anyway) been an ineffective, bloated political beast with extremely low capabilities.

I wasn't in the NSA but went to the "Black House" up in Ft. Meade a number of times on FISA warrants.  Although the place is very compartmentalized I felt like I got around it enough to surmise that they did a horrendous number of intercepts but did next to nothing with any of it, and had nearly zero cross-agency cooperation.  Don't get me wrong, I think the gubmit is quite capable of destroying the remaining civil liberties of maybe millions of us "suspects", but they will never be able to even begin to "control" the Internet IMHO regardless of how many trillions they throw at DARPA and AWC IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 01:33:14 AM by Apathycrat »

Offline HappyPant

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 07:00:10 PM »
I don't agree.  People have been speaking in halls, churches and on the street for years and rarely to much effect.  The Internet gives us a tremendous voice, as well as the power to congregate in large numbers, without expense.

Offline HappyPant

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 07:02:19 PM »
The only control I could see them exercising would amount to some kind of attack designed to make it inaccessible.  I can't imagine they're any more creative than that.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »
I was actually mildly disappointed this weekend to find that I'm not on the no-fly list.  I would have thought I'd at least earned that.
We feel your pain. What a bummer...

The only control I could see them exercising would amount to some kind of attack designed to make it inaccessible.
And they can't really afford to do that either, being obsessed as they are with gathering information about the riff-raff. It's a bit of a catch22.

Offline Apathycrat

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 01:37:21 AM »
The only control I could see them exercising would amount to some kind of attack designed to make it inaccessible.
Oh yes in fact very recently (like the past few weeks) I read about some kind of joint task force war games exercise with the goal of disabling "enemy" Internet use.  They seem to conduct these more than defensive ones incredibly.

Offline ÃœberGoy

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 03:45:16 AM »
Haha, you guys crack me up. I might try to sign up with my ubergoy nic.
"At times I almost dream. I too have spent a life the sage's way, and tread once more familiar paths. Perchance I perished in an arrogant self reliance an age ago. And in that act of prayer for one more chance went up so earnest ..so..instinct with better light let in by death that life was blotted out not so completely, but scatters wrecks enough of it to remain dim memories. As now when it seems once more the goal in sight again."
-Robert Browning

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 07:12:24 PM »
Well I browsed some Christian forums.  They don't seem to be as up in arms about it
as I would have thought.  A few post for each forum I visited.  I guess they cannot
decide if they should say anything against Bush or Arabs so they just go on and on
about homosexuality.  That is their entire focus.
Protecting Jews is a runner up.  They know the Jews are evil but they think
they are suppose to be and once they all get to Israel and see the Lord, all the Jews
will be good.  They will all be on bended knee and all will be forgiven.
Of course, in the same mouth they oust the words the Jews are to be victims and protected.
They think Palestinians are the Phillistines.  That is by design as that is what they are being
taught.
Christians think they are "smarter" than Jews and are just patronizing the Jew until Jesus comes and gives the Jew sight.
That is it in a nutshell.  The only way to change them is to show them how much
Jews hate Jesus and Jews will expect Christians to hate Jesus.
And that.........takes some work.
Now if they had sold the ports to Homosexuals they may have gotten a mob going on.
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!

Offline The_Skunk

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 04:06:03 AM »
Are we just a few misfits at the far corner of the Internet amusing ourselves, or are we at the epicenter of the global information war?

The net got away on Jews. They are running fast to gain control. If there is a major economic collapse, then a lot of people will be listening.

Offline Fenelon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 04:13:10 AM »
Your right about that.  But it's important to tell people you know and trust what you believe.