Author Topic: I'm coming out today....  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Eichmann

• Captain
    • View Profile
I'm coming out today....
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »
As of a few months ago I am a new convert to the flat earth theory. I dabbled in it way back in the LF days but never invested enough time to draw a correct conclusion. I felt there was just no reason to lie about it, and that there was nothing to really gain in such a grand deception. Keep an open mind if your not there yet. Don't look at pictures of the earth but look for the curvature of water over great distances. Its not there. Your only limitation to seeing is the equipment you are using.
Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?

-Martin Luther (On the Jews and Their Lies)

Offline Dwayne

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: I'm coming out today....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
Um... okay...

I've been up in the CN Tower in Toronto when I was a child and definitely recall seeing curvature of the horizon (most notably the view south across Lake Ontario). Later in life when I finally took my first journey in an airplane between NYC and Amsterdam it was apparent at 36,000 feet that the ocean horizon was curved.

Seems that since our neighboring planets and nearby satellite (the moon) are balls of dirt then it's likely that earth is as well.

Offline Eichmann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 02:52:41 AM »
Um... okay...

I've been up in the CN Tower in Toronto when I was a child and definitely recall seeing curvature of the horizon (most notably the view south across Lake Ontario). Later in life when I finally took my first journey in an airplane between NYC and Amsterdam it was apparent at 36,000 feet that the ocean horizon was curved.

Seems that since our neighboring planets and nearby satellite (the moon) are balls of dirt then it's likely that earth is as well.

One of the biggest clues to the flat earth are the distances that can be viewed. Jenna Fredo has a YouTube channel that shows 30 plus miles shot across Lake Erie. https://youtu.be/7OvN_rFwVrA   You can't hide the fact that the earth does not curve. The city in the video is visible right down to the water line. Just because things above us appear round does not make the earth a sphere. Do some research. You'll find that photos compliments of NASA are the best "evidence" of a ball earth.
Did I not tell you earlier that a Jew is such a noble, precious jewel that God and all the angels dance when he farts?

Offline Dwayne

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:40:24 PM »
One of the biggest clues to the flat earth are the distances that can be viewed. Jenna Fredo has a YouTube channel that shows 30 plus miles shot across Lake Erie. https://youtu.be/7OvN_rFwVrA   You can't hide the fact that the earth does not curve. The city in the video is visible right down to the water line. Just because things above us appear round does not make the earth a sphere. Do some research. You'll find that photos compliments of NASA are the best "evidence" of a ball earth.

Sorry, the video proves nothing. Basic geometry reveals that the photographer is on a level nearly equal with distant buildings. As a truck driver I've driven through this area frequently and am keenly aware of the topography of the area. There is an escarpment along the southern side of Lake Erie that rises above the level of the lake. Orchard Park is located atop this elevated area at 866' above sea level. Niagara Falls sits in a low spot between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario at an elevation of 614' above sea level. Thus Orchard Park is 252' above Niagara Falls (or approximately 25 stories... 10 foot being the norm of each story in an office building). Buffalo, NY is at 600' above sea level which places it lower than Niagara Falls. This accounts for the reason many of the taller building tops are horizontal in relation to the camera (geometry). The camera thus will be able to show the lower levels (or water line as you call it) simply because the lens of the camera is near horizontal or pointed downward slightly when viewing Niagara Falls and Buffalo from the vantage point of Orchard Park.

Based on the "FET" (Flat Earth Theory) the view of the star constellations should be the same. I'm also a bit of an amateur astronomer (the "do the research" aspect you state I should do) and according to FET, Ursa Major ought to be easily viewed in it's entirety during the month of May to everybody... yet for those south of the Tropic of Capricorn it skims across their northern horizon at best. Folk in New Zealand can never see Ursa Major from their location in May or any other month. Also, the stars rotate in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere than from my place here in Oklahoma City in the northern hemisphere. Also, the lunar phases of the moon are different. In the northern hemisphere, the moon fills out from right to left as it's phase waxes from crescent to full. From the southern hemisphere, the direction is reversed.

So much for FET.

Offline Eichmann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »
Yeah, you really got me on that one....

Offline Dwayne

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
Yeah, you really got me on that one....

So much for that...

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:40 AM »
I heard someone, I can't recall who, say 'everything out there is a sphere - a flat earth is the very antitheses of observation'.

I think it's just a social meme that distracts and tests the depth of ignorance out in the world of the unwashed.
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Eichmann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »
I heard someone, I can't recall who, say 'everything out there is a sphere - a flat earth is the very antitheses of observation'.

I think it's just a social meme that distracts and tests the depth of ignorance out in the world of the unwashed.

Chicago from Michigan, should be visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGl8I3l-5ac

Offline Eichmann

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 05:12:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o37t6iBS_q4

Rob Skiba proves Chicago Skyline not a mirage.