Author Topic: Mueller says FBI expanded after 9/11 attacks  (Read 606 times)

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
Mueller says FBI expanded after 9/11 attacks
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
Mueller says FBI expanded after 9/11 attacks

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:10PM GMT
source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/08/23/320168/mueller-says-fbi-expanded-after-911/

Outgoing FBI director Robert Mueller

Outgoing FBI director Robert Mueller says the US Federal Bureau of Investigation expanded significantly in the wake of 9/11 attacks in 2001.

"I think it took me a while to fully understand that the training that I had had...with the FBI, and others, which was to investigate criminal acts after they'd occurred, was not going to be the paradigm for the future," Muller was quoted as saying by The Washington Post on Friday.

"I did not expect to be spending my time preventing terrorist attacks," he added.

Mueller, who is stepping down next month, also said the FBI opened 18 overseas posts and invested heavily in its intelligence programs and information technology after the attacks.

According to the Post, more than half of the FBI’s 36,000 employees have been recruited since 2001.

Mueller said he remains concerned about the possibility of another attack on a plane; a “weapon of mass destruction in the hands of a terrorist,” including a cyber-weapon that could attack financial institutions or the energy sector.

The FBI director also defended the spying programs of the US National Security Agency.

“The programs are tremendously important to protection not only from terrorist attacks but from other threats to the United States,” he said. “And there have been occasions where, and very few I might say, where there has had to be some adjustment.”

Mueller is being succeeded by James Comey.

RW - What does he take the public for - absolute morons? Did anyone think the FBI was going to downsize? Let's face they had to hire faux-terrorists and handlers to keep up the facade of terrorism. Obviously more personnel was needed to handle their respective roles in the dialectic that emerged from 9-11.
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu