Author Topic: Crossing the Event Horizon  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
Crossing the Event Horizon
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »
Nassim Haramein - Crossing the Event Horizon

Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
- Crossing the Event Horizon
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »
Excellent Videos, thanks for posting them, Rudi.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
Excellent Videos, thanks for posting them, Rudi.

My pleasure.  :)

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »
Just what is Haramein all about?  Watched some portion of his vuddeo & then googled for his websites--yes he actually does text but which seems to include only press releases or else lengthy papers (co-written w/others) that fly waay over laymens' heads.  Seems like he doesn't want to give away too much so that folks will attend his lectures.  He coyly omits price for attendance, apparently only revealed thru subscription to newsletter.  I note that in one vuddeo he talks about wishing to patent (ie profit) from some discovery about geometry but unfortunately realizes other previous research on Mexican pyramids obviated that scheme. 

My WAG is that he's a sharp fellow w/intuitive grasp of some physics who realized academic stardom was not in the cards so he decided to go directly to becoming a popularizer along with some mid-level scholars to help flesh out the gritty details.  Toss in the gift for gab, Apple Falls on Head backstories & add a pinch of New Age.

He emphasizes connection to Einstein but doesn't talk (AFAIK) about Albert's plagiarism.  He also mentions Bucky Fuller, a former hero of mine (until I did some reading & learned how absurd geodesic dome houses are re cost & practicality).  Fuller also posed as an iconoclast but did work for military so one could doubt real motivations for Bucky becoming a media star.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »
Just what is Haramein all about?

You watched 'some portion of the video? If that is all you've done then why would you care who he is?

Just by your comments it is easy to see that it is indeed waaaay over your head. Best you don't trouble yourself with it.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »
You watched 'some portion of the video? If that is all you've done then why would you care who he is?

Just by your comments it is easy to see that it is indeed waaaay over your head. Best you don't trouble yourself with it.

Something like 6 hours of videos posted, previous ones also lengthy.  Probably many folks smarter than me but with less time to watch vids esp when Haramein (& you) makes zero effort to preface things with explanation of why it's important (simple communication skill).  I, at least, took the trouble to find his web pages which gave no clues.  Reminds me of Orlin Grabbe, an expert mathematician/financial whiz who wrote much stuff about free money etc:  his articles had some fancy math but also simple explanation of the purport for laymen.

I note that Haramein's videos seem to all be from his seminars where attendees already have knowledge about "why it's important".  You take the time to criticize me yet no time to answer a simple question?

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
You take the time to criticize me yet no time to answer a simple question?

You were criticizing Haramein without having done your homework. That is my criticism, and well founded. If trying to decipher the working of the universe is not worth a few hours then what can one say except to make time or just let it pass.

However, out of courtesy let me explain it a little. Space is 99.99999~% of all that is. Space is structured energy that gives form to 'matter'. There is no god particle. There are an infinity of black holes that act as a focus for an infinity of event horizons that are structured in a predictable scalar array and connected electro-magnetically as one.

That was not an easy sentence to put together and I'm sure it fails to fully describe the physics of our intelligent universe.

Offline Dwayne

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
Watched the four videos over the course of a few days. Interesting.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:41 PM »
Watched the four videos over the course of a few days. Interesting.

Glad you took the time to watch. What I found interesting is that his analysis in the science of physics so closely paralleled in conclusions to what I had formulated in more general terms from my studies in so many other areas. I'm finding more and more corroboration from others for ideas that others have labeled as outlandish theory only a few short years ago. There is some comfort in that.  :)

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 08:58:02 PM »
You were criticizing Haramein without having done your homework. That is my criticism, and well founded. If trying to decipher the working of the universe is not worth a few hours then what can one say except to make time or just let it pass.

However, out of courtesy let me explain it a little. Space is 99.99999~% of all that is. Space is structured energy that gives form to 'matter'. There is no god particle. There are an infinity of black holes that act as a focus for an infinity of event horizons that are structured in a predictable scalar array and connected electro-magnetically as one.

That was not an easy sentence to put together and I'm sure it fails to fully describe the physics of our intelligent universe.

Thanks, that helps a lot.  Many folks say that Big Physics is a corrupt quasi-religion & seeing how that's exactly true about Big Medicine I wouldn't be surprised.  Such folks point to the ~90 year time since Big Physics made any concrete advances (such as nuclear power) despite $$billions spent on research as evidence of the corruption.  My guess is that PTB have enough tech skills to maintain Big Brother control & are not interested in real progress though they may quietly be doing secret advanced research aimed at their own benefit (CERN etc being PR/make-work scheme?).

& I suppose quite conceivable that Haramein has valuable insights but also PR skills to make a profit or at least subsidize research.  Reminds me of Paul Bragg, the diet/health researcher from mid-20th Century:  he wrote many great books & did many lectures; did consulting with Hollywood types; later lived in Hawaii & set up a health farm.  But if one looks at Wiki entry they claim he was a con-artist who lied about birthplace, birth date etc & give no attention to actual validity of his health information.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »
& I suppose quite conceivable that Haramein has valuable insights but also PR skills to make a profit or at least subsidize research.  Reminds me of Paul Bragg, the diet/health researcher from mid-20th Century:  he wrote many great books & did many lectures; did consulting with Hollywood types; later lived in Hawaii & set up a health farm.  But if one looks at Wiki entry they claim he was a con-artist who lied about birthplace, birth date etc & give no attention to actual validity of his health information.

I'm not so much concerned about the messenger as I am about the message. But if I were to reflect on Haramein he appears to be both extremely intelligent and sincerely committed.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:50:36 PM »
I'm not so much concerned about the messenger as I am about the message. But if I were to reflect on Haramein he appears to be both extremely intelligent and sincerely committed.

He also displays a good sense of humor.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.