Poll

Who wrote the manifesto?

Author Topic: LAPD shoot two innocent people in hunt for killer ex-cop  (Read 21730 times)

Offline burford

• Captain
    • View Profile
- LAPD shoot two innocent people in hunt for killer ex-cop
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
H-o-o-o-l-l-d on there fellas -

Accused Gunman Christopher Dorner Issues Statement… “It’s Not Me!”

The statement was received by a local news organization via fax from a Cabo San Lucas hotel early Saturday.

“It’s not me!,” Dorner says in the statement. “I have been out of town on vacation and just heard the news that I am blamed for killings I did not and never would commit. This “manifesto” the police are using against me is just a few ideas for a screenplay I am working on with my former colleague Mark Fuhrman. Tell my mom I’m OK. Once again… the cops have it all wrong…. I will soon be in touch.”

http://www.palookavillepost.com/2013/02/09/accused-gunman-christopher-dorner-issues-statement-its-not-me/
If people are brainwashed, how would they know it?

Offline Railroad Bum

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
H-o-o-o-l-l-d on there fellas -

Palookaville Post?  Ace Cub Reporter Jimmy Olsentwins?  What is that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

"Hi, Mom, this is Mark Bingham!...you believe me don't you?"

Offline burford

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
some kind of sick joke?

Compared to-o-o-o –----  what ?

911 ?
Shock and Awe ?
7/7 ?
Madrid ?
Too big to fail ?
Norway ?
Aurora ?
Sandy Hook ?

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »
Drones to target suspected LAPD killer Chris Dorner?

Published: 11 February, 2013, 21:58
source: http://rt.com/usa/news/dorner-police-dhs-surveillance-941/

Christopher Jordan Dorner (Reuters / Handout)

As authorities intensify the manhunt for accused LAPD-killer Christopher Dorner, law enforcement agencies are doing everything under the sun to search for their suspect, apparently even deploying drones.

The specifics regarding the tools being used to track Dorner, a 33-year-old former Los Angeles Police Department officer suspected in three recent murders, is a mystery for now. But with a $1 million bounty out for his arrest and a nation at high-alert, it’s no surprise that the search for Dorner is on the way to becoming one of the most remarkable in ages. Now according to some reports, police are relying on high-tech unmanned aerial vehicles to snoop from the sky.

Britain’s Daily Express cites a senior police source in a report this week as saying that the surveillance capabilities of UAVs might be the only option for locating Dorner, who has been at large since a string of murders that began last Sunday.

“The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack,” the source tells the paper.

The Express adds that police figures on both a city-wide and federal scale have suggested drones are being deployed to search for the triple-murder suspect. In his report, journalist Mike Parker writes that Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz responded to a direct question about UAV usage by saying, “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

Parker adds: “The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.”

“This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment,” DeSio told the paper.

In a bold affirmation from the facts ascertained by the Express, though, the paper concludes that “Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.”

But while sending a missile-equipped Predator drone to execute Dorner without trial or jury is without a doubt illegal and, frankly, improbable, it’s not entirely unlikely that special UAVs affixed with surveillance cameras are combing the West Coast for him right now. After all, the government has a collection of aircraft to use in these missions and has to make a case that they have been an acquisition that’s fiscally worthwhile.

The US Department of Homeland Security had an arsenal of at least ten drones as of November, right around the same time that they signed a contract with General Atomics for $443 million: money expected to go towards the acquisition of another 14 surveillance drones that will be used to conduct domestic investigations. In all, those two dozen UAVs are believed to cost roughly three-quarters of a billion dollars, but the end result of having the fleet on the ready is so far one that’s flawed. When the Los Angeles Times discussed the matter of drones and the DHS last April, reporter Brian Bennett called into question the success of the program.

“The mixed results highlight a glaring problem for Homeland Security officials who have spent six years and more than $250 million building the nation's largest fleet of domestic surveillance drones,” he wrote. At the time, the DHS was reported to have nine Predator drones, but Bennett said they “have yet to prove very useful in stopping contraband or illegal immigrants.”

In that same article, the Times touches on just what exactly these drones can do for the DHS. As it turns out, it’s not just sub agencies like the Customs and Border Protection or Immigration and Customs Enforcement that have access to those UAVs. According to Bennett, the small collection of DHS drones have been lent to the FBI, Texas Rangers and other government agencies for law enforcement opportunities.

Since that April article, drone discussions have only intensified. In the last week, debate about the use of robotic aircraft to conduct kill missions overseas opened news programs across the US, and talk of putting a UAV into the sky to search for the LAPD’s public enemy number one earned regard on the Web as well. But while the Obama administration’s use of Predator drones to executive suspected terrorists overseas is indeed documented, the deploying of drones in the Dorner case remains a matter that is for now only a likely possibility.

“The story is plausible,” writes Parker Higgins of the Electronic Frontier Foundation in a Monday morning blog post. “The Department of Homeland Security (CPB’s parent agency) does loan out drones to police agencies, and they’ve kept the terms of such deals almost completely secret. EFF is currently suing DHS to find more information about that program. But in this case, the factual support isn’t there.”

Until the LAPD or FBI offer a clean confirmation, use of drones to track down Dorner starts and ends as speculation brewed by the UK’s Express that’s also absent of any concrete validity. That doesn’t mean, however, that it isn’t happening. The use of drones on the US/Mexican border by the DHS and its sub-agencies has been documented since at least 2004, and just two years ago drones were being borrowed by small times forces in North Dakota for at least one surveillance mission.

“Whether or not these drones are being used in this manhunt, and whether or not they’re armed (they’re not), there is real cause for concern. A secret aerial surveillance program wherein federal agencies loan military technology to local police forces raises serious questions and we should demand to know more,” Higgins says.
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »
In a bold affirmation from the facts ascertained by the Express, though, the paper concludes that “Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.”

I see this as just another reason to get away with more control over us in general.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:09:07 PM by Sue »
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Notchosen

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • They did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
I see this as just another reason to get away with more control of us in general.

If they announce they got this guy with a drone, we might as well figure the exercise just went live, and the game is on.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
If they announce they got this guy with a drone, we might as well figure the exercise just went live, and the game is on.

I believe the game is already on. The question is whether the LAPD just wants to see Dorner dead for not accepting the fact that he was once thrown under the bus or all this is being stage managed or used to get us all feeling warm and cozy with judicial dictates from the skies.

Offline burford

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
used to get us all feeling warm and cozy with judicial dictates from the skies.

And there are millions of retarded cowards out there who honestly think, "Well, if it keeps us safe ..."

Hate being the pessimist but once this happens, it's all over.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
And there are millions of retarded cowards out there who honestly think, "Well, if it keeps us safe ..."

Hate being the pessimist but once this happens, it's all over.

I hate being a pessimist as well but the evidence of the majority being more or less brain dead makes optimism exceedingly difficult to maintain. No doubt when they squash him like a fly with a hellfire there will be cheering throughout the nation. Dorner was charged with murder today so let the drones fly...

Offline Notchosen

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • They did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »
I hate being a pessimist as well but the evidence of the majority being more or less brain dead makes optimism exceedingly difficult to maintain. No doubt when they squash him like a fly with a hellfire there will be cheering throughout the nation. Dorner was charged with murder today so let the drones fly...

Yep, another execution without trial, only this time the air attack would be launched here, in bread and circus fashion, to a hard of thinking national audience.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Yep, another execution without trial, only this time the air attack would be launched here, in bread and circus fashion, to a hard of thinking national audience.

This is a psyop on multiple dimensions.  I fear it ends with a bang.
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline Dwayne

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »
The use of drones will be carried out with surgical precision similar to that of dozens of round fired into a pickup truck. No innocents will be endangered.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »
This is a psyop on multiple dimensions.  I fear it ends with a bang.

I don't see a psyop here. I see a man who is very pissed off. Naturally the LAPD is anxious to see him dead as they are obviously complicit in what was done to him. Up to the point in the so-called manifesto where he begins to support gun control and the likes of Feinstein he shows clearly who he holds responsible. From that point forward the manifesto starts looking a bit flaky so one wonder about how accurate the 'manifesto' really is. There are so many copies out there now it would take weeks to sort it all out.

Offline burford

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:23 PM »
The use of drones will be carried out with surgical precision similar to that of dozens of round fired into a pickup truck.

One thing you can count on, this time, they'll make sure he's good and dead.

Offline burford

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
I don't see a psyop here.

I agree with Mr Wag. The psyop is that millions will watch some guy (domestic terrorist) get killed by a drone, whether it's the right guy or not, and they'll all realize that resistance is futile.

But that's ok, as long as we all get an ipad, an SUV and a big screen TV...

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »
The psyop is that millions will watch some guy (domestic terrorist) get killed by a drone, whether it's the right guy or not, and they'll all realize that resistance is futile.

That part I agree with but still, what preceded what will follow doesn't indicate that it began as a psyop.

Offline laconas

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
This is a psyop on multiple dimensions. I fear it ends with a bang.

It sure is. It wouldn't be national news if it wasn't.

Hmmm.... now the details.
Nobody censors what they agree with

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »
It sure is. It wouldn't be national news if it wasn't.

Hmmm.... now the details.

So will they kill Dorner on sight or arrest/try him?  I just read the supposedly complete uncensored manifesto & it's a weird witches brew.  I don't discount the idea that it is partially or completely forged.  Dorner brags about his mad cop/military/cyber skillz yet common sense suggests it's stupid of him to reveal his capabilities.

The gun-control aspect seems a bit strange & barely relevant to Dorners issues with police corruption.   OTOH many cop orgs support it.  Dorner seems to be less of a freedom fighter than a somewhat self-righteous believer in cops being Good Cops.  Note that he mentions, numerous times, the Christopher Gettler case.  Could just be a coincidence that Dorner focuses on a possibly Jewish victim & also focuses on 'abused' Jewish recruit Abraham Schefres.

Totally bizarre that a "cop-killer" gets so much favorable media/official coverage.

I haven't watched much tv news the past couple of days but the little I've seen doesn't feature the Dorner story, one would think it would be all over the airwaves non-stop.  For instance nbcnews.com has only a tiny headline halfway down the home page.  Seems that if it's a complete psy-op more publicity would be in order.  (OTOH now watching CNN & it's the second story after North Korea though only 2 minutes used, most of which is used to mention the Gettler case [though Gettler not mentioned by name].)

BTW it reminds me of the "Canadian Code" for tv/movies I've posted about before:  blacks virtually never portrayed as criminals but frequently cast as Trustworthy Authority Figures (cops, judges, social workers etc).  Subtext being that blacks understand oppression & thus make better public servants. 

Offline burford

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:18 PM »
So will they kill Dorner on sight or arrest/try him?

Kill him, and then they'll bury him at sea.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46:14 PM »
Kill him, and then they'll bury him at sea.

Heh, a death is usually the most convenient psy-op ending.  Some big-time rapper will do a "controversial" video glorifying Dorner.  BTW I've never heard of any black folks named "Dorner" but hey, live & learn.