Author Topic: Leaderless Resistance - the concept - v1.2  (Read 18987 times)

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Leaderless Resistance - the concept - v1.1
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
Buy Farnham's Freehold. Good book.
"We're going to hear an earful, but it's going to be an earful of wonderment and happiness that people waited for for a long time." -Harry Reid

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 05:42:20 PM »
You hafta have a leader, without a leader.......anarchy. There has to be a leader. That's a fact. You gotta be a good leader, not a despot. That's tricky part.
"We're going to hear an earful, but it's going to be an earful of wonderment and happiness that people waited for for a long time." -Harry Reid

Offline linus

• 2 Star Recruiter
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »
Very good point gino. =)
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed;
Second, it is violently opposed; and
Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Offline gregor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
John Conner. 

(If we can keep the terminators from getting him)
To the web monitors:  You took an oath to the Constitution.  Why are you now subverting it?

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 07:00:52 PM »
LR is worthless. You HAVE to have a Leader at some point in a group. That means you HAVE to have a Leader of said groups.

Offline Fahey

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 07:07:11 PM »
Disagree utterly.

All that is necessary is, for disparate humans to assemble a List of members of the Council on Foreign Relations/Trilateral Commission/Bilderberg/Bohemian Grove, et al.; to locate said traitors (nail down their daily habits when in their natural environs--restaurants at which they dine, the cars they drive or are chauffered in)...

And when the moment strikes y' (each List holder will have to make his/her own decision), go to it.  Don't need no steenkin Leader.

Offline Proemio

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 07:34:25 PM »
LR is worthless. You HAVE to have a Leader at some point in a group. That means you HAVE to have a Leader of said groups.
No argument from me. Groups will form from time to time, leaders will evolve out of them, hopefully naturally and from within.
However, until a certain critical mass is achieved, both groups and leaders have a limited shelf life; although spontaneously formed groups can be very effective in achieving specific goals. However, trying to form an organization, with charter, executive, minutes, is pointless, even counterproductive at this stage. If your organization is not immediately compromised, it will get shut down in short order. The PTB can defend easily against groups with an official structure, but are hopelessly paralyzed when confronted with innumerable creative approaches by pissed off individuals, working toward a similar goal.

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 04:21:16 AM »
You gotta have Leader.

Offline ÃœberGoy

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2006, 04:25:57 AM »
You don't need a leader, just people with initiative. This is how the world works.
"At times I almost dream. I too have spent a life the sage's way, and tread once more familiar paths. Perchance I perished in an arrogant self reliance an age ago. And in that act of prayer for one more chance went up so earnest ..so..instinct with better light let in by death that life was blotted out not so completely, but scatters wrecks enough of it to remain dim memories. As now when it seems once more the goal in sight again."
-Robert Browning

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2006, 04:42:15 AM »
You're ignorant.

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2006, 04:49:53 AM »
How does the World work?

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2006, 04:53:41 AM »
I'll show you how it works for no charge....

Offline ÃœberGoy

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2006, 05:20:25 AM »
Yer dumbb...
"At times I almost dream. I too have spent a life the sage's way, and tread once more familiar paths. Perchance I perished in an arrogant self reliance an age ago. And in that act of prayer for one more chance went up so earnest ..so..instinct with better light let in by death that life was blotted out not so completely, but scatters wrecks enough of it to remain dim memories. As now when it seems once more the goal in sight again."
-Robert Browning

Offline ÃœberGoy

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2006, 05:24:24 AM »
Shouldn't you be at McD's making my coffee...
-Robert Browning

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2006, 02:33:30 PM »
Brewing as we speak, lmao. ???

Offline Axle

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »
You wanna bet?

Offline linus

• 2 Star Recruiter
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 02:50:58 AM »
You wanna bet?

Get with the prog. dude.
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed;
Second, it is violently opposed; and
Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Offline AndNowTheNeo-Inquisition!

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • AND NOW THE NEO-INQUISITION!
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 07:11:03 AM »
LOL! You guys are cracking me up ( if perchance I hadn't already cracked up a long time ago :) ) Well, so-called "sanity" isn't the way to go anyway; and, isn't that what we're really talking about within the context of LR? So much to read, so little time! But read Dr. M. Scott Peck's, "People of the Lie", if you haven't already; or re-read it and get the perspective again. When most organizations organize too much, that's when the people thereof fall into the trap of believing that "normality" is normal, and get further away from the truly normal. Most people are insane because they think much if not most of what's going on around them is normal, but it isn't; so, what we've got to do, as LR clearly suggests, is loosely get together with like-minded people who recognize, AND NEVER FORGET, these facts, and ONLY stand up for True Sanity like some if not many people are doing here (ignoring the racist, hateful people who believe violence will solve anything and not lower them to the level of the evil).

Yet look at great "organizations" like the International A.N.S.W.E.R. (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) COALITION, a group of smaller groups which organizes and carries out the mass anti-war demonstrations nationwide, and helps coordinate abroad as well. True, the gub'ment has and no doubt still is infiltrating them, but they remain effective anyway because they're too big, adding all of the many organizations and individual members together, and because they're not centralized. They're made up of millions of True Individuals, and that's why the gub'ment considers all of us True Individuals such a threat and is building internment camps to house us. We are Leaderless Resistance in action, and the ONLY way they can stop us is to round us all up and/or mow us all down. They will no doubt yet do so; but, in the meantime, we WILL make a dent in preserving freedom(s) and liberty(ies) at least for a time. More power to us! Keep up the great work of "....shak(ing) our leaders by the napes of their necks...." (Gerry Spence).

More complete version of the previous quote: `Freedom cannot exist in a muzzled world. Free people must speak to each other and hear each other`“they must test and protest and raise hell and shake their leaders by the napes of their necks. Our Founding Fathers gave us the supreme weapon of liberty`“free speech`“and with the First Amendment, guaranteed us that most sacred of rights. But the people have been silenced. They have been administered a new sedative. There they sit placidly, like patients on the third floor of the state hospital, where the bad ones are locked up`“their mouths open, their eyes lifeless and glazed, watching television. . . . --Gerry Spence, from his book, "With Justice For None" (1989). (I didn't realize until I just found out that he now has a website, at: http://www.gerryspence.com/ .)

[SEE the following link, for this and excerpts from "People of the Lie", etc.:

http://www.wolfbritain.com/?m=200405

(And you can purchase the latter book via the first book link-graphic in the sidebar if you like.)]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 08:02:03 AM by AndNowTheNeo-Inquisition! »

Offline AndNowTheNeo-Inquisition!

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • AND NOW THE NEO-INQUISITION!
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 07:21:43 AM »
Postscript; a great anti-war, anti-redbating article by Brian Becker of the ANSWER Coalition:

http://www.form-legal.com/comments-five.html#unity

ONLY True Peace,

Wolf

Offline MrSpock

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 04:48:33 PM »
This is meant to be a living document. To thrive, it will depend on your comments and suggestions. From time to time, I will make updates, incorporating relevant comments and suggestions, using mainly the footnote system, with proper credit to the author(s). Version number changes in the title will signal updates. If you feel the text is useful,

Sorry, it is not useful. It is the same (or similar) to many text I read these days on the internet which comes down to this:
"I am pissed and for the same reason you should be pissed too".

Except in a country of 300 million people (USA) people are pissed for many different things, for many different reasons, and those are rarely as vague as what you described in your article. And people are not pissed over concepts, they are usually pissed about very specific things.

You gently encourage people to grab their pistol and rush to the Capitol. They won't. No prosperous country ever rebelled. People don't grab weapons and rush to risk their lives over concepts. As long as people is USA live on the average much better than people in other countries, there will be no revolution. Not any kind, for any reason.

There will be revolution. In about 50 to 100 years or so. When the perpetual outpouring of the capital to China and other third world countries will make those countries richer and richer and USA will slowly but surely become poorer and poorer, and if that happens relatively fast (so within one generation the difference will be sharply noticeable), then there maybe a small revolution. Not a big one, because by then it will be too late anyway. By then several other countries will have an equal (or even better) military strike ability, so USA will reach the fate of the Roman Empire, will kind of fizzle out or so.

I see no real solution. Those who are hoping for a revolution, they are hoping for it for all the wrong reasons. Even if there would be a revolution, and those who would revolt would win, the above process would not change one bit. The "wishing to revolt" types are totally overlooking the real problems. It's a pity, but they do.

Gabor