Author Topic: 14 Dead in Columbine-Style Massacre at Aurora Colorado Movie Theatre  (Read 63560 times)

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile
- 14 Dead in Columbine-Style Massacre at Aurora Colorado Movie Theatre
« Reply #620 on: January 08, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
Two different booby-traps set at the apartment.

FBI: James Holmes' booby-trap used remote-control car, frying pan
By Tracy Connor, NBC News
January 8, 2013, 7:05 pm
NBCNews.com
James Holmes used a thermos, frying pan, remote-control car and volatile chemicals to booby-trap his apartment to blow up during the Aurora theater massacre, an FBI agent testified Tuesday.

On the stand for a preliminary hearing, bomb technician Garret Gumbinner described the diabolical contraptions authorities found when they went to the grad-school dropout’s Colorado apartment.

There was a trip-wire leading from the door to a thermos filled with glycerine that was perched over a frying pan filled with potassium permanganate, Gumbinner said.

If they combined, there would be a spark that would set off a chain-reaction: fast-moving flames and a series of explosions as homemade devices scattered around the apartment ignited.

On top of the fridge was a remote-controlled “pyrotechnic” box filled with 6-inch fireworks shells. Holmes left the remote for it outside, in a trash bag with a toy car and a boom box on a timer, the agent said.

His fantasy was that someone on the street would hear the music, open the bag, decide to play with the car, fiddle with the remote and detonate the explosives, Gumbinner said.

In all, there were more than a dozen explosive devices in his apartment loaded with napalm, smokeless powder and live ammunition. Carpets were soaked with oil and gasoline to fuel any blast.

His computer was set to play loud music at a designated time. He was hoping “someone would call the police and that the police would respond to his apartment,” Gumbinner said.

"He said he rigged his apartment to explode or catch fire in order to divert police resources to his apartment,” Gumbinner said, recounting an interview with Holmes.

No one played with the toy car or banged on the door, though. And when Holmes was arrested outside the Century 16 multiplex – after allegedly killing a dozen people and wounding 58 – he quickly told police about his traps.

The scope of the bizarre setup was revealed during the second day of a hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence to put the neuroscience scholar on trial for first-degree murder.

A parade of law-enforcement officials took the stand to describe Holmes’ painstaking preparations and the horrific aftermath of the July 20 shooting at the Century 16 multiplex – but there was no mention of motive.

The picture they presented was of a methodical killer who left nothing to chance and foreshadowed his own fate in a question posted to two online dating-service profiles: “Will you visit me in prison?”

Courtesy the family via KUSA Veronica Moser-Sullivan, in an undated family photo.
Holmes bought his ticket, through Fandango, 12 days before the opening of the Batman flick “The Dark Knight Rises,” police testified, though it emerged that he was supposed to see it in Theater No. 8, not No. 9 where the ambush took place.

With so much evidence against their client, Holmes’ legal team is expected to mount an insanity defense, and his attorneys tried to highlight his state of mind at several points during the day’s testimony.

They questioned Aurora Police Department Detective Craig Appel about why Holmes wasn’t tested for drugs or alcohol even though his pupils were hugely dilated and he acted strangely after his arrest.

'Help me!': Teen's 911 call played at Holmes hearing

Appel told the court that police had placed paper bags over Holmes’ hands to preserve gunpowder residue, and he pretended they were puppets. He also ripped a staple out of a table and tried to stick it in an electrical socket.

Earlier, the defense asked an agent from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms whether there is any legal process in Colorado to stop a “severely mentally ill” person from buying guns or ammunition.

The agent had just ticked off the items Holmes legally purchased in the two months before the rampage, including two handguns, a shotgun, a rifle, more than 6,200 rounds of ammunition, body armor, chemicals, fireworks and practice targets.

Holmes – wearing a beard and jail jumpsuit and looking disheveled – showed little reaction to any of the testimony.

He simply stared straight ahead when prosecutors played a heart-breaking 911 tape of a 13-year-old girl pleading for help for her mortally wounded 6-year-old cousin, Veronica Moser-Sullivan.

Veronica’s father, Ian Sullivan, wept with his eyes closed as he listened for four long minutes to the chaos that marked his daughter’s final moments.

The day’s proceedings ended with Sgt. Matthew Fyles reading a grim catalog: the name of every person wounded and the nature of their injury.  When he got to Ashley Moser – who suffered a miscarriage, was paralyzed and lost her daughter, Veronica – he choked up.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/08/16414072-fbi-james-holmes-booby-trap-used-remote-control-car-frying-pan?lite
"Divert, distort, denigrate, disrupt or destroy any discussion of the corruption of American liberty by the organized lobby of a foreign power."  ~ WindRiverShoshoni

Offline Notchosen

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • They did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
MSM spin rubbish, what happened to his 2 room mates? The memory hole claims two more! They likely had to go set up the next event.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »
MSM spin rubbish, what happened to his 2 room mates? The memory hole claims two more! They likely had to go set up the next event.

Bogus is beginning to prevail as Orwell predicted.
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline jacob gold

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:29 PM »

And the point of your trolling and insults is.....?

...To distract from the updates to the thread, perhaps?

I would guess most people have had their fill of your  nonsense. All we ask is you and your internet partner do is take a half hour break and suck each other off. I am sure there is a couch in the boiler room.

My whole point is that you and Shem can't get AIDS from oral sex.

Offline Notchosen

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • They did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 08, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
I've had my fill of Dominique poisoning, makes one wonder who's side she/he is on, if the disruption is the mission at hand, that's one of "J" teams specialties.

I might be mistaken, forgive me if I am wrong, but all these obnoxious personal attacks are a little too Jewwy for an awakened goy such as I.

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 09, 2013, 06:29:33 AM »
I've had my fill of Dominique poisoning, makes one wonder who's side she/he is on, if the disruption is the mission at hand, that's one of "J" teams specialties.

I might be mistaken, forgive me if I am wrong, but all these obnoxious personal attacks are a little too Jewwy for an awakened goy such as I.

Nope, just sick of the trolls with their spamming of "crypto this, crypto that." I'm not the only who is sick of it, just the most vocal.

You haven't been around long enough to understand why I have reached the end of my patience with the usual suspects. Or maybe you have...... ;)
"Divert, distort, denigrate, disrupt or destroy any discussion of the corruption of American liberty by the organized lobby of a foreign power."  ~ WindRiverShoshoni

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 09, 2013, 06:30:40 AM »

I would guess most people have had their fill of your  nonsense. All we ask is you and your internet partner do is take a half hour break and suck each other off. I am sure there is a couch in the boiler room.

My whole point is that you and Shem can't get AIDS from oral sex.

Still trying to figure out where the insults and typical jew-sexual-innuendo-spin has to do with anything I posted on this thread OR in reply to you.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 09, 2013, 06:50:57 AM »
A skunk can't smell himself.

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 09, 2013, 07:00:59 AM »
A skunk can't smell himself.

It does explain a lot about him.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 09, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »
It does explain a lot about him.

Sorry, that was meant towards you dudes.

Offline FrontierJustice

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 09, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »
Sorry, that was meant towards you dudes.

If it's not a couple dudes, Dominic sure has a lot of time on his hands, and likely a bad case of hemorrhoids.

Offline FrontierJustice

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 09, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
all these obnoxious personal attacks are a little too Jewwy for an awakened goy such as I.

How's it feel to be awakened?

Offline Notchosen

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • They did it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 10, 2013, 06:39:49 AM »
How's it feel to be awakened?

Well, while it's good see around corners, and through the smoke screens, there are times a snooze button might come in handy.  ;)

Offline FrontierJustice

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 10, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »
Well, while it's good see around corners, and through the smoke screens, there are times a snooze button might come in handy.  ;)

You can turn off the alarm at times, you just have to make sure to not go back to sleep. And then you stand up.

Offline dominique

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 28, 2013, 04:55:02 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-james-holmes-20130328,0,530151.story

James Holmes offers to plead guilty in Colorado massacre
His attorneys reveal that they have made a standing offer for Holmes to plead guilty in the Aurora theater mass shooting if the prosecution does not seek the death penalty.

By Jenny Deam, Los Angeles Times
March 27, 2013, 9:14 p.m.
CENTENNIAL, Colo. — James E. Holmes, accused of unleashing the Aurora movie theater massacre in July, has offered to plead guilty to killing 12 people and injuring 70 if prosecutors do not seek the death penalty.

In an unusual court filing, defense lawyers revealed Wednesday that they had made the standing offer weeks ago for Holmes to serve life in prison without possibility of parole for the July 20 mass shooting.

So far the prosecution has declined the offer, the document said.

Dist. Atty. George Brauchler of Colorado's 18th Judicial District is to announce Monday whether he will seek the death penalty. Capital punishment is rare in Colorado, with only three people on death row.

Holmes' attorneys have been expected to use an insanity defense, and their latest filing said they could still do so at trial or sentencing. If he is found to be insane or to suffer from a mental defect, he could not be put to death.

Holmes, 25, a former neuroscience doctoral student at the University of Colorado-Denver, is charged with 166 counts of first-degree murder, attempted murder and weapons violations in connection with the massacre in a packed suburban movie theater. The case evoked worldwide horror and became a touchstone in the national gun debate.

Two weeks ago, an impatient Chief Judge William Sylvester entered a not guilty plea on Holmes' behalf after defense lawyers said they were not prepared to do so. The arraignment had been postponed several times, and the judge said the case needed to move forward.

The defense offer was revealed in a routine court scheduling document, making it that much more unusual, said Rick Kornfeld, a former federal prosecutor turned defense attorney who has been closely following the case. Typically, any negotiations between the two sides are kept under wraps until an agreement is reached, he said.

But Kornfeld called it a potentially smart strategic move by the defense because "it is clearly intended to put public pressure on the prosecution to resolve the case immediately." He said a plea would not only offer closure for victims but save the state millions of dollars for a protracted trial.

The defense complained in the filing that it had offered the guilty plea prior to the March 12 arraignment. "It appears the only impediment to a resolution of this case would be if the prosecution chooses to seek the death penalty," defense lawyers wrote. "Mr. Holmes is currently willing to resolve the case to bring the proceedings to a speedy and definite conclusion for all involved."

It is unclear whether prosecutors will respond to Wednesday's filing. Everyone in the case remains under a gag order.

Last month the defense unsuccessfully challenged the constitutionality of Colorado's insanity defense laws, contending that if psychiatrists examined him under a court order, Holmes could lose his rights against self-incrimination. If he refused to cooperate, the defense said, that could be used against him and could prohibit his attorneys from calling witnesses to testify about his mental state.

Wednesday's filing indicated that Holmes' lawyers may still consider an insanity defense. "As previously stated in court, counsel for Mr. Holmes are still exploring a mental health defense, and counsel will vigorously present and argue any and all appropriate defenses at a trial or sentencing," the filing said.

Holmes' trial is set for Aug. 5 and is expected to last about a month. But the defense said in its filing that if the prosecution sought the death penalty the trial would have to be delayed and would take much longer.

Dave Hoover, whose nephew A.J. Boik was killed in the theater attack, said in an interview Wednesday that he had mixed feelings about any potential plea deal. "I loved my nephew dearly and we miss him every single day. I'm in favor of the death penalty and I'd like to see it in this case, but I'm not in favor of dragging this thing out. If it was over today, it would alleviate a lot of the pain and suffering."

Ultimately, though, Hoover said he was confident the district attorney would make the right call.

Interesting that now defense wants to go for guilty plea. Guess this is another way to avoid discussion of any factors leading to Holmes' seriously screwed up mental state. God forbid that we implicate the jew-run education, pharma, and media networks in the culpability for this disaster (or "psy-op" for those who prefer).

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 28, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »
Interesting that now defense wants to go for guilty plea. Guess this is another way to avoid discussion of any factors leading to Holmes' seriously screwed up mental state. God forbid that we implicate the jew-run education, pharma, and media networks in the culpability for this disaster (or "psy-op" for those who prefer).

Looks like Holmes' goose is cooked whether he did it or is just a patsy.  Not a whole lot his lawyers can do with him, supposedly, being caught red-handed.  Defending on account of psych-meds rarely works AFAIK.  But yeah, JMSM is not talking about the psych-med/violence issue with Aurora or Sandy Hook--they have, very occasionally, mentioned the problem before.