Author Topic: * Germany - Winter in 1946-1947  (Read 9108 times)

Offline laconas

• Veteran
    • View Profile
- GREEKS FORCED TO RECOGNIZE SUPERIOR GERMAN INTELLIGENCE
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
In America there are huge # of wetbacks that bike to work, in DC area many working-class Salvadorans ride their old mountain bikes to work.  But both blacks & whites usually ride only for recreation...there's a hardcore of bike commuters that are mostly white, usually college-educated.  Sure the US is wealthier than most countries but it's weird that bike ridership among various countries has little correlation to income. 

In Northern Europe even corporate execs or high-level bureaucrats can bike commute & no one thinks it's weird; I read a blog by a Romanian biker who was constantly criticized by fellow Romanians who assume only an idiot would bike when they could afford a comfy car.  Seems like Nordics accept that comfort is not the ideal.

Bike riding is my fav sport ever since I learned to ride a bike, and I'm still riding, so I'm always paying attention to who rides and who doesn't, and why.
Nobody censors what they agree with

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
  • Order of Miseratio Solvo Templum
    • View Profile
- * Germany - Winter in 1946-1947
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
if the earth was round, we'd use the north pole as a short-cut from alaska to europe

notice they approved it http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/airlines-cleared-to-use-santas-shortcut-6281263.html   but it never got done

google earth won't even show you the north or south pole, probably because what we'd see would discredit the holy infallible text books
Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2012, 04:21:26 AM »
i think this flat earth model is very interesting in that it shows the east/west difference from south america to asia to be greatly more vast than from mexico; contrary to the spherical world map. 

could this be why there are no flights from asia to south america?   http://wikitravel.org/en/Avoiding_a_transit_of_the_United_States#To_South_and_Central_America_3

Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2012, 05:16:42 AM »
Don't the Underground People have to slave all day in the mines & mushroom farms?

If you look back at the ancient texts (pre-hebrew bible), the underworld was a restricted place where a bunch a gods resided.  It was a paradise, but you had to journey through some fiery passages to get there, and those were also guarded by tough dudes.  Enoch went there and learned from the gods, and wrote about it.  But later it morphed into the concept of hell (place to be avoided), and then science came along and created the idea of the big mantle, solid core.  Admiral Byrd was supposed to have met with the "insiders" when he led the 1947 armada to antarctica and came back with a lot fewer planes.  It remains one of the place I want to visit before I die, along with Germany, Peru and Mongolia.   
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 05:24:51 AM »
if the earth was round, we'd use the north pole as a short-cut from alaska to europe

notice they approved it http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/airlines-cleared-to-use-santas-shortcut-6281263.html   but it never got done

google earth won't even show you the north or south pole, probably because what we'd see would discredit the holy infallible text books

There are supposed to be warm holes at the poles, from which the northern/southern lights emanate.  These are restricted places, probably dangerous to fly over.  But US to Japan flights sometimes head way north and come down over siberia. 

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »

The Flat Earth theory went out centuries ago.  ;D

A flight from Calgary to Frankfurt takes about 9 hrs depending upon the jet stream.

Flight path: Across the Hudson Bay - southern tip of Baffin Island - southern Greenland - England - Holland - Frankfurt Germany. One time we were close enough to see Iceland.

Are there Black Holes?   
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »
Bike riding is my fav sport ever since I learned to ride a bike, and I'm still riding, so I'm always paying attention to who rides and who doesn't, and why.

I used to live in Denver in the 70's (before the wetback deluge) & yeah not many of the "Chicanos" biked.  dunno how DC compares to other cities in re transport choices of illegals.  But DC has lots of sidewalks & fair # of bike paths & weather is halfway decent so here we have huge # of Salvadoran illegals biking to work.  A couple of times I stopped by a local high school to see how many bikes were parked at the rack--about 6 & all those looked like wetback bikes.  I calculated that there were probably more white students there that had tried heroin than white students biking to school.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »
i think this flat earth model is very interesting in that it shows the east/west difference from south america to asia to be greatly more vast than from mexico; contrary to the spherical world map. 

could this be why there are no flights from asia to south america?   http://wikitravel.org/en/Avoiding_a_transit_of_the_United_States#To_South_and_Central_America_3

Yeah but the wikitravel link mentions Honolulu being used as a stop, your map shows that would be very indirect.  & what about the horizon problem?

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2012, 09:12:07 PM »
If you look back at the ancient texts (pre-hebrew bible), the underworld was a restricted place where a bunch a gods resided.  It was a paradise, but you had to journey through some fiery passages to get there, and those were also guarded by tough dudes.  Enoch went there and learned from the gods, and wrote about it.  But later it morphed into the concept of hell (place to be avoided), and then science came along and created the idea of the big mantle, solid core.  Admiral Byrd was supposed to have met with the "insiders" when he led the 1947 armada to antarctica and came back with a lot fewer planes.  It remains one of the place I want to visit before I die, along with Germany, Peru and Mongolia.

I've been reading lately about the Antarctic, bases, Nazis & UFO's.  Entertaining but improbable.  Ancient folks made up a lot of stuff; their might be some truth in it but a lot of fiction too so who knows?  Even without the hollow earth theory there are vast areas of underground caverns yet unexplored.  RE travel to Antarctica I suppose the tours only take folks to the coastal area, even if one had money & experience to explore independently I'm sure PTB would forbid it.

Offline laconas

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »
I used to live in Denver in the 70's (before the wetback deluge) & yeah not many of the "Chicanos" biked.  dunno how DC compares to other cities in re transport choices of illegals.  But DC has lots of sidewalks & fair # of bike paths & weather is halfway decent so here we have huge # of Salvadoran illegals biking to work.  A couple of times I stopped by a local high school to see how many bikes were parked at the rack--about 6 & all those looked like wetback bikes.  I calculated that there were probably more white students there that had tried heroin than white students biking to school.

Latinos up until 9/11 could get licenses and cheap cars; bikes are not their first choice. White kids? I guess mommy drives them to school.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:54 AM »
Latinos up until 9/11 could get licenses and cheap cars; bikes are not their first choice. White kids? I guess mommy drives them to school.

That would be worse than walking home which hundreds of the foreign kids do & a few of the whites.  Once I saw when school let out--it was a perfect weather day because I had figured on seeing the max # of bikes, so many kids driving cars out of the parking lot it took 10 minutes just to exit.  What's worse most had the car windows rolled up; modern folks do that now.  But for pre-high school kids it's amazing how their elders waste time driving them to school, I once was biking thru a nearby neighborhood & saw a truly impressive parade of minivans & I thought it might be a funeral; no it was soccer moms going to pick up their kids at the local Catholic elementary school.  Now even poor working-class white parents buy cars for their kids.  Once in 4th grade the school buses were all SNAFU & many kids mutinied & decided to walk home approx 2 miles, a pretty fun adventure that would now be a scandal.

Offline laconas

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »

Conversation with my sister a few weeks ago.

Sister: I have to pick up (name of son) from work.

Me: Why doesn't he take the bus or ride a bike, it's only a mile away? He's 19, he's a grown man.

Sister: I know, but he get's tired after working.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2012, 05:57:03 AM »
Yeah but the wikitravel link mentions Honolulu being used as a stop, your map shows that would be very indirect.  & what about the horizon problem?

You can fly from Santiago to Sydney, and circumnavigation via boat is only 21,600 miles, southern hemisphere. 

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
what about the horizon problem?

they say that a boat's hull vanishing in the horizon is proof of the curvature of the earth.  this is not true however as holding up binoculars will reveal the hull again

Offline Judson

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2012, 03:39:26 PM »
Once saw a full moon rise two times one evening while standing on a high cliff overlooking the Atlantic off of Newfoundland. First view of the moon was a reflection cast into the atmosphere from the ocean and after it settled down below the horizon, a few minutes later the actual moon rose above the calm water that night. If it had been a ship coming into view then the first sight would have been of the ship upside down which would have then slowly vanished below the horizon and soon to be followed by the actual ship rising back up into view.
‘Even if you didn’t do it, we don’t want you to do it again’

Offline Vidarr

• Group Major
  • Is not Impressed
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
the bike of all bikes
This banning system obviously needs some work..

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:22 PM »
the bike of all bikes

They now sell for $1000 & up, wow.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2012, 04:53:50 PM »
They now sell for $1000 & up, wow.

My friend had a green one.  It was a five speed, but it wouldn't go in one, and 3 and 4 made too much noice.  So you pushed them uphill and nearly died going back down.

Offline laconas

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2012, 05:34:46 PM »
I hackedsawed two fork ends from another bike, hammered them on my fork, and made my own chopper.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
I hackedsawed two fork ends from another bike, hammered them on my fork, and made my own chopper.

I knew somebody who also did this.  Turn two good bikes into one bad one, ...cool stuff in the day.