Author Topic: Live ammo inflame violence in Britain  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
Live ammo inflame violence in Britain
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »
'Live ammo inflame violence in Britain'

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21PM GMT
source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/216854.html

British campaigners are warning that the idea of police officers shooting at anti-government's protesters during future civil unrest only risks inflaming violence.

The warning came after an official review into police tactics during August unrests across England recommended that officers could shoot arsonists as a last resort if they endanger life by attacking businesses attached to people's homes.

A government watchdog said police should be prepared to adopt “extraordinary measures,” including shooting people dead and firing rubber bullets at children in their attempts to control the situation similar to what happened in England in August this year, British media reported.

The Chief Inspector of Constabulary, Sir Denis O'Connor, who unveiled the new drastic tactics, said that officers could shoot protesters alongside the use of rubber bullets and water cannons.

"Police have to be able to defend civil order but they need support from the public and others when they do that," Sir Denis said.

There has been a "long period of peace" where civil order was not top of the agenda, but now it needs to be given priority again, Sir Denis said.

"The balance of risk has changed. We have to have the means with some certainty to protect the public," he added.

This comes while Shami Chakrabarti, director of human rights campaign group Liberty, has ridiculed the proposal, saying "How on earth would bullets have quelled and not inflamed this summer's riots? Didn't the widespread disorder all begin in Tottenham with a fatal police shooting?"

Meanwhile, Jenny Jones, a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority, said, "Endorsing the use of live ammunition is an approval of the tactics of war on London's streets and implementing such recommendations would be madness."
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
- Live ammo inflame violence in Britain
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »
Police brutality! Tyranny is just around the corner...
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
  • Order of Miseratio Solvo Templum
    • View Profile
- Live ammo inflame violence in Britain
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:24:29 PM »
eh arsonists should be shot dead

nig in growling gorrilla exacting rampage: : emma west! emma west! let me in!
emma west: not by the hair of my chinny chin chin
n.i.g.g.e.r: then i'll huff and i'll puff and i'll burn your house in!

:-\
Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.