Author Topic: Martin Luthers Doody Fetish  (Read 1568 times)

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
Martin Luthers Doody Fetish
« on: November 25, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xL2Hyve-kwg&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xL2Hyve-kwg&amp;feature=related</a>
"I hardly exaggerate. Jewish life consists of two elements: Extracting money and protesting."
-Nahum Goldmann, Ex-President of the World Jewish Congress

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
- Martin Luthers Doody Fetish
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »
I feel that this video may take some of Luther's words out of context.

I have his 'Theses' book, and I found nothing overtly sexual, or referring to excrement.

Luther's idea of 'salvation by faith alone' would contradict much of the Gospel, because if one sins repeatedly, what kind of 'faith' does this reflect?...Faith is the first step.

Faith in Christ is a pre-requisite for salvation and healing...From reading Luther's work, I think this is the point he makes, as opposed to certain rituals being necessary for the pleasing of God, as the Pharisees believed.

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
I feel that this video may take some of Luther's words out of context.
Theres nothing out of context with regard to doody.

I have his 'Theses' book, and I found nothing overtly sexual, or referring to excrement.
  I dont think he referenced the Theses book.

Luther's idea of 'salvation by faith alone' would contradict much of the Gospel, because if one sins repeatedly, what kind of 'faith' does this reflect?...Faith is the first step.
Luther added the word ALONE to his thesis.  No where in the Bible does this occur, except in James, when its condemned.

Faith in Christ is a pre-requisite for salvation and healing...From reading Luther's work, I think this is the point he makes, as opposed to certain rituals being necessary for the pleasing of God, as the Pharisees believed.
What is more ritual that a blood sacrifice as atoning for sin?
Luther was an occultist and yet downplayed the central point of our Faith..that of sacifice and The Mass.
"I hardly exaggerate. Jewish life consists of two elements: Extracting money and protesting."
-Nahum Goldmann, Ex-President of the World Jewish Congress

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »

What is more ritual that a blood sacrifice as atoning for sin?
Luther was an occultist and yet downplayed the central point of our Faith..that of sacifice and The Mass.

What I refer to here is rituals like constant washing of the hands, a host of things approved or prohibited on the 'sabbath', and so forth.

Luther also objected to the paying of monies to the Church for 'indulgences' feeling that this money, given as a tithe or offering, was either being misappropriated or misused by certain Church officials...He may have had a good point here, as Luther was a poor man and served a community where money was scarce.

Notice I say 'may'...Although we may have 'anecdotal' stories from history about the misuse of monies, there may also be evidence that money not misused...It was simply too long ago to conclusively prove one way or the other...But, certainly, the use of indulgences as a way of 'buying' favor with God to mitigate time in purgatory, for instance, makes no sense...God does not need money.

I feel that Luther certainly had valid complaints and concerns about certain practices in the hierarchy of the Church, same as today.

His mistake was open and continuous rebellion with no repentance.