Author Topic: Want to Kill Someone? Hit 'em with your Car!  (Read 1316 times)

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
Want to Kill Someone? Hit 'em with your Car!
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »
Bill Thornton's audiotapes at 1215.org highlight an example of deficient statute system vs Common Law:

A bicyclist was injured by a negligent motorist yet the courts did nothing to make restitution.  USA has absurdly low penalties for drivers killing motorists/bikers/pedestrians:

(My own example) Author Stephen King was severely injured, while running on a Maine road, by a guy preoccupied by playing with his dog.  Driver Bryan Smith was found guilty of a "misdemeanor driving-to-endanger" charge & got 6 months suspended sentence.

Maryland cyclists are supposed to be encouraged that Maryland has now created a new misdemeanor offense for drivers who kill people as a result of serious negligence.  Oooh, misdemeanor = no loss of voting, gun owning, no prison with insane Negroes etc!

In primitive 3rd-world countries like India if a motorist kills someone the locals are prone to exacting street justice, the reckless can lose their lives.

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
  • Order of Miseratio Solvo Templum
    • View Profile
- Want to Kill Someone? Hit 'em with your Car!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:57:37 AM »
well as a former driver myself i can testify that pedestrians are fucking retarded
Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
well as a former driver myself i can testify that pedestrians are fucking retarded

In school they used to teach pedestrian responsibility (ie walk facing traffic) & pedestrian rights also.  Since the tsunami of immigration into USA nobody, motorists nor pedestrians knows squat.  Motorists (some) used to take pride in driving with skill, how it's something to do in between texting & calling.

Now cars have dark-tinted windshields which drastically reduce night-vision; the days of full-service gas stations (with free window cleaning) are gone.  This summer I stopped at a gas station to fill up:  it was crowded with jerks waiting for their tanks to fill, NOT ONE save for me availed themselves of the free windshield wiping tool.  There's a product called Rain-X:  it's easily applied to car windows & vastly improves vision during rain (sweet for Philippines I guess) but it's a cult thing, few use it.

Offline grizzle

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »
There's a product called Rain-X:  it's easily applied to car windows & vastly improves vision during rain (sweet for Philippines I guess) but it's a cult thing, few use it.

Try this, when it comes out later this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1OXt5MeVc
"Yes I know, science fiction...but actually, science fact." - Vincent Price in Scream and Scream Again

Sceptic

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:40:56 AM »
(My own example) Author Stephen King was severely injured, while running on a Maine road, by a guy preoccupied by playing with his dog.  Driver Bryan Smith was found guilty of a "misdemeanor driving-to-endanger" charge & got 6 months suspended sentence.

I remember this. King was BADLY hurt; pelvis, back...needed months of therapy & recovery. Didn't know the driver's sentence was that lenient. Very different from what one sees on Law & Order.

In primitive 3rd-world countries like India if a motorist kills someone the locals are prone to exacting street justice, the reckless can lose their lives.

Indians also routinely drown millions of its girls, so that's quite believable. A couple of mths ago in my own little 3rd-world hellhole, we had something out of a horror movie occur. A woman was exiting early morning market after purchasing fish & was crossing the highway. There was little traffic at 5 am, & the car that hit her was speeding at such a rate that she was decapitated, plus all four of her limbs were severed from what remained of her torso. The news programs showed EVERYTHING, including the police slinging her body parts into the back of a van. About a yr before that, a young man hit & smashed an elderly man into a pole. They found bits of him buried in the dirt. Driver was a politician's son, so his name never even made it to the news.

Offline Vidarr

• Group Major
  • Is not Impressed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:19 AM »
In russia it's the other way around..

You want something done ,, hit a car.

Crazy amount of people just waiting to jump in front of your car and hold you responsible.

This banning system obviously needs some work..

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »
In russia it's the other way around..

You want something done ,, hit a car.

Crazy amount of people just waiting to jump in front of your car and hold you responsible.

I'm surprised Russians give a crap about pedestrians.  From what I've seen  on media autos rule esp in Moscow & folks who can't afford a car take public transport...I almost never see bicycles.  Haven't been there so I don't know 1st hand.

Used to bike a lot in DC & Russian embassy guys were surprisingly polite & competent drivers.  Once a guy accidentally cut me off with his Lada but stopped immediately after he saw me & waved 'sorry'.  The Russian embassy guys usually had either a Beatles haircut or James Dean haircut, ironically amusing.  Love that motorcycle video on YouTube of the "Black Devil" tearing down the Moscow boulevard at top speed.  American drivers would freak but the Moscow drivers hardly seemed bothered.