Author Topic: * Christianity - central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions  (Read 13269 times)

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
- * Christianity - central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 04:45:34 AM »
While I agree Christianity is a sect of Judaism with a different take on the same cult god I have to ask you for the proper references for you burning and replacing claim.

Just think it out.  Nordics, for one, worshipped their named gods, Oden, etc., which were based upon Sumerian history.  What happened?  There was a switcheroo!
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »
I'm confident Armageddon/2nd coming will occur as per Rev 19,...... however, 

Then world amazing reappearance of the supreme “beast”
[who has had “terrible,  fatal appearing head wound”]
of Rev 13 comes to pass.

Revelation 13.

• 1 – And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea ...
    • 2 – And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the ...
    • 3 – And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly ...

So way back when Jews wrote the bible, brainwashed the masses and after all has been ''mission accomplished''
(centuries of lies, wars and plunder) Jesus will return in full technicolor??? I suppose one has to be a devoted believer...

When I first viewed these two videos a few years back, 'mission accomplished', came to mind.

"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
Chicken & egg?  Many ghetto parents (or even middle-class) feel Catholic schools are superior at least to isolate kids from bad influence.  Catholic schools remain the only major alternative to dumbed-down wild public schools.

What they "feel" does not matter. School performance tracks family income. It also tracks parental involvement. Tuition, even if paid because of moral extortion, increases involvement.

You should also keep in mind that regardless of any performance in Catholic schools there is no evidence of lifetime earnings or standing in any job or profession indicating Catholics are over-represented at the high end.

This of it as a Catholic Head Start. It shows gains while in school but they don't have any lasting benefit.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back.
That is all you need to know about the conflict. All the rest is distraction.
See the new biopic, Jesus Christ: Lust for Glory!

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »
I'm confident Armageddon/2nd coming will occur as per Rev 19,...... however, 

Armageddon takes place years after another major prophecied war. 

Namely after the invasion of Israel predicted by Ezekiel 38-39 and Zechariah 12-14.   

CONVERGENCE: 
USA has Muslim supportive POTUS & State Dept.
Nations around Israel recently becoming more hard line Islamic.
September U.N.  recognizes Palestinian state. 
Limited Mid East war erupts.
USA financial house of cards falls.   USA plunged into violent chaos.
Downfall of USA = “green light” for invasion of Israel.
UN authorizes  invasion of Israel.   
Ezekiel 38-39 comes to pass.   

Then world amazing reappearance of the supreme “beast”
[who has had “terrible,  fatal appearing head wound”]
of Rev 13 comes to pass.

A nation of murderers and thieves has no business existing.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 04:03:47 PM »
Quote from: Iron Webmaster on August 31, 2011, 07:20:23 pm
    While I agree Christianity is a sect of Judaism with a different take on the same cult god I have to ask you for the proper references for you burning and replacing claim.
Just think it out.  Nordics, for one, worshipped their named gods, Oden, etc., which were based upon Sumerian history.  What happened?  There was a switcheroo!

If you don't have any evidence just say so.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »
What they "feel" does not matter. School performance tracks family income. It also tracks parental involvement. Tuition, even if paid because of moral extortion, increases involvement.

You should also keep in mind that regardless of any performance in Catholic schools there is no evidence of lifetime earnings or standing in any job or profession indicating Catholics are over-represented at the high end.

This of it as a Catholic Head Start. It shows gains while in school but they don't have any lasting benefit.

What you say may be true but AFAIK even inner-city Catholic schools with much minority enrollment don't approach the dismal state of nearby public schools.  One can say it has nothing to do with Catholic per se but OTOH no prot denomination has made the effort to promote education in the same way.

BTW don't forget the shortage of old-fashioned knuckle-rapping nun teachers!  In public school 3rd grade I had an old-maid teacher who was similar, didn't tolerate any bs.  We damn sure learned our times-tables or else!  In my city the public schools were decidedly "tracked":  smart students received a half-decent education while bulk of kids were simply passed off thru dummy classes.

I've never attended a Catholic school but I've never heard of them neglecting wide swaths of student population in such a way.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »

If you don't have any evidence just say so.

I don't have any evidence that you're a jew.

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »
What you say may be true but AFAIK even inner-city Catholic schools with much minority enrollment don't approach the dismal state of nearby public schools.

The only thing that matters is a statistical improvement in the lives of the students. It is not pointing to one student as an "accomplishment." It is not making it look like an old time school. It is not invoking the worst possible example of a public school and saying Catholic is better than that.

One can say it has nothing to do with Catholic per se but OTOH no prot denomination has made the effort to promote education in the same way.

Not in the US but the Anglicans have in England. People are losing interest as their "success" is transient and superficial. That is the same as Catholic schools in the US. If it does not produce a life long benefit because of the quality of education what is the point of the extra money? You can also look at countries like Spain where the majority of school are Catholic. Ever heard anyone praise the educational accomplishments of Spain?

BTW don't forget the shortage of old-fashioned knuckle-rapping nun teachers!  In public school 3rd grade I had an old-maid teacher who was similar, didn't tolerate any bs.  We damn sure learned our times-tables or else!  In my city the public schools were decidedly "tracked":  smart students received a half-decent education while bulk of kids were simply passed off thru dummy classes.

Nuns as teachers were a blight on civilization. Violence towards children is a disgusting sexual deviance. They all needed to get laid real bad. No rational man would marry a woman who hit children which is the simplest reason that 3rd grade teacher couldn't find a husband.

I've never attended a Catholic school but I've never heard of them neglecting wide swaths of student population in such a way.

I am not certain what you mean. I am talking about the tuition requirements. That automatically "neglects" the children of the families who can't pay.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »
I don't have any evidence that you're a jew.

Why would you think that has any connection to the invention you posted?

http://www.freedomportal.net/index.php?topic=21633.0

Give it a read.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »
Why would you think that has any connection to the invention you posted?

http://www.freedomportal.net/index.php?topic=21633.0

Give it a read.

Too long.  Boil it down to three lines or less.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »
It is not invoking the worst possible example of a public school and saying Catholic is better than that.

Not exactly "worst possible" examples, basically the norm for ghetto Negro schools, majority Hispanic schools in Cali/Texas etc.

Not in the US but the Anglicans have in England. People are losing interest as their "success" is transient and superficial. That is the same as Catholic schools in the US. If it does not produce a life long benefit because of the quality of education what is the point of the extra money? You can also look at countries like Spain where the majority of school are Catholic. Ever heard anyone praise the educational accomplishments of Spain?

British are perhaps most degraded white folks in the world, C of E membership long a mere token of heritage, wouldn't trust their schools at all.  Dunno about Spanish schools but if Catholic schools have been integrated they've likely also been corrupted.  Even in USA Zio-gov't enforces rules about what Catholic schools can teach, what Catholic hospitals can practice etc.

Nuns as teachers were a blight on civilization. Violence towards children is a disgusting sexual deviance.

Physical correction of children is hardly deviant violence.  Animals practice this.  Aim is not to hurt but emphasize.  Don't compare it to angry violence of maladjusted folks.

I am not certain what you mean. I am talking about the tuition requirements. That automatically "neglects" the children of the families who can't pay.

Catholics have some openly tuition-free schools & in many others have quiet assistance/scholarship programs.  I wonder how many truly dedicated parents have their kids turned away on $$ issues?  Seek & ye Shall Find?

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »
Too long.  Boil it down to three lines or less.

I decline to cater to your attention span.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
I decline to cater to your attention span.

You decline to get to the heart of the matter.

Offline Jan Robertson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • AKA Mystica. All things are connected
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-2587661313510275113&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

LOL are these people for real ... are they "Christians"? They can't be catholics according to our religious sect here. Their Knowledge of geography makes the mind boggle.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2011, 04:48:09 AM »

If it does not produce a life long benefit because of the quality of education what is the point of the extra money?
The teaching, the quality of student, the discipline, the teaching of the Sacraments and God, the quality of education...all of which are infinately better in a Catholic School.
I attended Both Catholic and Public, as did my children.
There simply is no comparison.

Nuns as teachers were a blight on civilization. Violence towards children is a disgusting sexual deviance.
Nonsense.
Idiots like you confuse discipline ie a Rap on the knuckles with violence.  It is not.
As if young kids cant be incorrigible or act out. They do and they can. Often.
And thats when they should be disciplined. That is the teachers responsibility.  I know many men who now thank the nuns that taught them and were stern when needed.
The flip side is chaos and constant interruptions in a public school zoo.

Most nuns I know are kind, sweet, driven to teach and love children.
The Jew media and fools like you give them a bad rap.

It negates nothing.

Many children from impoverished homes pay off of an income scale.
Other times, monies are provided for tuitition, in worst case, by parishioners.
My son just returned from summer Camp. It was $300.  But there was an offering set aside for donations for childrens families that couldnt afford it.
I dont know of 1 child that didnt attend due to money and there were over 100 kids there.

I and other school parents, will be cleaning up trash after the Octoberfest in Zinzinnat, something the school makes about $30,000 doing. 
All of That money helps goes to run the school ie teachers, PCs, Tuition.

Anyone with a brain would opt to send their child to a Catholic over a Public school in any district in America.
"I hardly exaggerate. Jewish life consists of two elements: Extracting money and protesting."
-Nahum Goldmann, Ex-President of the World Jewish Congress

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 04:57:55 AM »
<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-2587661313510275113&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

LOL are these people for real ... are they "Christians"? They can't be catholics according to our religious sect here. Their Knowledge of geography makes the mind boggle.

These are just typical American slobs...Public school indoctrinates.

Would be interesting to sample such questions at a Traditional Catholic school.
I bet the results would be staggering.

"I hardly exaggerate. Jewish life consists of two elements: Extracting money and protesting."

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 07:01:07 AM »
There are many private schools that cannot offer what Catholic schools can and parents flock to them for such reasons.
What is ones price for teaching and imparting morality?

I didnt know Catholics were solely concerned with earnings..
There are over 1 billion catholics, most choose to do what they wish and that which is fulfilling.
You have us confused with Jews when it comes to money.

The benefits are life long indeed. 
Ethics, Morality, structure, discipline, sacrments and pride.

* Catholic School students score significantly above the national averages on standardized testing.

* Research shows that because of a greater emphasis on homework and study, Catholic School students develop more effective writing skills.

* Catholic High School students attend post-secondary education at a rate in excess of 95% and are more likely to complete their program of studies.

* Catholic Schools have an excellent success rate in educating minority students.

Tuition cost is often supplemented by the parish, so the Catholic community shares the cost of education.

# Standardized test scores and a college acceptance rate of 97% reflect that our students are self-disciplined, self-motivated, responsible, and creative.

# In Catholic Schools there is a mutual respect which exists among students, faculty, and administrators which generates an atmosphere of care and concern.'

This is in Newark and Camden NJ.

Not exactly financial epicenters of income.

http://www.olmc.us/index.php/school/78

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2011, 07:09:38 AM »
Why do at-risk students thrive in Catholic schools?

by Nina H. Shokraii, USA Today

Strong institutional leadership, shared values among the staff about school goals, a safe and orderly environment, and high expectations for students regardless of back ground provide a climate for learning and much-needed discipline.

It is said that economic empowerment today is linked inextricably to education. This means that Congress has the opportunity to give tens of thousands of America's most disadvantaged children a much brighter future.

Attention from across the political and social spectrum is shifting to the astonishing success of inner-city Catholic schools in working with the very kids the public schools have abandoned as uneducable.
An abundance of research comparing public. private, and religious schools shows that Catholic schools improve not only test scores and graduation rates for these youngsters, but their future economic prospects -- and at a substantially lower cost.

In a study published in 1990, for instance, the Rand Corporation analyzed big-city high schools to determine how education for low-income minority youth could be improved. It looked at 13 public, private, and Catholic high schools in New York City that attracted minority and disadvantaged youth. Of the Catholic school students, 75-90% were black or Hispanic. The study found that:

* The Catholic high schools graduated 95% of their students each year, while the public schools graduated slightly more than 50% of their senior class.

* Over 66% of the Catholic school graduates received the New York State Regents diploma to signify completion of an academically demanding college preparatory curriculum, compared to five percent of the public school students.

* 85% of the Catholic high school students took the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), compared with 33% of the public high school students.

* The Catholic school students achieved an average combined SAT score of 803, while the public school students' average combined SAT score was 642.

* 60% of the Catholic school black students scored above the national average for black students on the SAT, and more than 70% of public school black students scored below the same national average.

More recent studies confirm these observations.
 As parents, politicians, and concerned observers become aware of the benefits of Catholic schooling, particularly for the poor, the rhetoric demanding action builds. Syndicated columnist William Raspberry, a self-described "reluctant convert to school choice." wrote in 1997 that "It seems as obvious for poor children as for rich ones that one-size-fits-all education doesn't make sense."

Furthermore, according to a 1997 survey conducted by Terry Moe, senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, and John Chubb, founding partner and curriculum director for the Edison Project. 83% of public school parents and 82% of poor inner-city, parents want parochial schools to be included in the choice of institutions to which they can send their children. Lawmakers and educators should use the mounting research comparing the performance of students in private and religious schools with their public school counterparts to promote change in the U.S. educational system.

Not only do Catholic schools offer a safe and cooperative learning environment, they do so at a more reasonable and much lower cost than the public schools. For example:

Holy Angels Elementary School, a 110-year-old institution, is located in the Kenwood-Oakland neighborhood of southside Chicago, where three out of four people live in poverty and violent crime is the rule rather than the exception. Yet, Holy Angels has managed to become one of the strongest academic institutions in the country.

According to a 1994 report published by the Chicago Public Schools, four times as many Holy Angels eighth-graders scored above the national average in math on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills than those attending the area's three public schools. In addition, of the eighth-graders who scored above the national average in reading, twice as many were from Holy Angels as from the public schools. Tuition at Holy Angels is approximately $1,500 a year.

St. Gregory the Great Elementary School on West 90th St. in New York City serves only low-income black children from Harlem and Washington Heights. It outperforms all neighboring public schools and most of the schools in its district. In 1995, 62% of St. Gregory's third-graders were reading above the minimum standard and 92% functioned above the standard in math. St. Gregory charges $1,700 a year in tuition.

East Catholic High School in Detroit, where the principals saved for 12 years just to buy a school bus, has not allowed lack of funding to interfere with its students' academic achievements.
The school serves low-income minorities almost exclusively and has been particularly successful in teaching students who were not performing well in public schools. Nearly 75% of its pupils go to college after graduation. Just 15% of parents paying the $2,000 tuition fee are Catholic.

Holy Angels, St. Gregory the Great, and East Catholic High are typical inner-city Catholic schools. They overcome financial hardships daily to deliver astounding results because they possess the ingredients that make schools work well: strong institutional leadership and school autonomy; shared values among the staff about school goals; a safe and orderly environment: and core curriculum requirements and high expectations for all students regardless of background.

Despite such examples of success, prejudice against allowing inner-city parents to choose Catholic schools for their children continues to linger among policymakers and the education elite.
It often seems that just mentioning the term "Catholic schools" causes many opponents to conjure up images of strict nuns using knuckle-rapping rulers on terrified children. Unlike many government-run schools, Catholic institutions are strong on discipline, but the wholesome discipline at a Catholic school sends a clear message to students, who consequently are able to learn in a safe and orderly environment. Researchers have agreed that the caring staff members at Catholic schools willingly devote their attention to the academic and emotional well-being of students.

This difference is not lost on parents.
In Cleveland, inner-city parents immediately enrolled their children in Catholic schools during its 1996-97 experiment, a popular full-choice program that was struck down by a lower court after a successful first year of operation.
Most of the parents in this program who enrolled their children in the Catholic schools were not Catholic. They selected Catholic schools because, on balance, those institutions deliver impressive results.

Opponents of school choice often state that Catholic schools succeed because they can pick and choose students, have more freedom to dismiss disruptive pupils, and parents are more involved in their children's education. The evidence proves otherwise. According to Lydia Harris, principal of St. Adalbert, a leading Catholic school in Cleveland, "There's no cream on my crop until we put it there. It's a myth that we take discipline problems and throw them out of school.
It's the other way around. I get the kids the public schools can't handle." St. Adalbert is not alone. On average, Catholic high schools dismiss fewer than two students per year, and less than three students per year are suspended.

In 1996, Sol Stern, a contributing editor at New York's City Journal, wrote about how Catholic schools worked to teach their predominantly low-income minority non-Catholic clientele. Stern concluded that Catholic schools are "constantly reminding us that the neediest kids are educable and that spending extravagant sums of money isn't the answer.

No one who cares about reviving our failing public schools can afford to ignore this inspiring laboratory of reform." This is a strong admonition to those in Washington, D.C., who can direct the future of education reform.

The success of these Catholic education "laboratories" has been well-researched. As John DiIulio, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, attests, "The Catholic-school story is as solid as you can make a case.... It's not even close to the warning zone, when it comes to sociological credibility."

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »

Idiots like you confuse discipline ie a Rap on the knuckles with violence.  It is not.

Do it on the street and it is a crime of violence. The law is on my side.
1.9 GB of pure vanity

Offline Iron Webmaster

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
    • Giwer's World
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »
What is ones price for teaching and imparting morality?

The greatest concern for morality is found where there is a profit involved.
1.9 GB of pure vanity