Author Topic: 'Merlin's Mound built in 2400 BCE'  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
'Merlin's Mound built in 2400 BCE'
« on: June 04, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
'Merlin's Mound built in 2400 BCE'

Thu Jun 2, 2011 9:13AM
source: http://www.presstv.ir/detail/182853.html

Marlborough Mound, Wiltshire

Radiocarbon dating tests suggest that the Marlborough Mound, where the legendary wizard Merlin is believed to have been buried, dates back to 2400 BCE.

The Wiltshire mound which lies in Marlborough College's grounds had puzzled historians, some of whom believed it dated back to about 600 CE.

Charcoal samples taken from Marlborough Mound New, however, revealed that the 19m high mound is much older, the state-funded BBC reported.

"This is an astonishing discovery,” said head of the Marlborough Mound archeology team Jim Leary.

"The Marlborough Mound has been one of the biggest mysteries in the Wessex landscape... For centuries people have wondered whether it is Silbury's little sister; and now we have an answer.”

The man-made Silbury Hill, a mound about five miles away, also dates back to 2,400 BCE.

The famous Marlborough Mound was reused as a castle and was an important fortress for the Norman and Plantagenet kings.

It also witnessed major political events, such as the general oath of allegiance sworn to King John in 1209.

"We are thrilled at this discovery, which confirms the long and dramatic history of this beautiful site and offers opportunity for tremendous educational enrichment," said Master of Marlborough College Nicholas Sampson.

The excavation work at the Marlborough Mound is part of a major conservation program by the Marlborough Mound Trust.
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline fireball999

• Corporal
    • View Profile
- 'Merlin's Mound built in 2400 BCE'
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
"We are thrilled at this discovery, which confirms the long and dramatic history of this beautiful site and offers opportunity for tremendous educational enrichment," said Master of Marlborough College Nicholas Sampson.

The excavation work at the Marlborough Mound is part of a major conservation program by the Marlborough Mound Trust.

Gee, new discoveries are being discovered everyday. It definitely does have great history behind it and I am sure more history will be made.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
Gee, new discoveries are being discovered everyday. It definitely does have great history behind it and I am sure more history will be made.

Well, it certainly disturbs the academic record which insists that England's history only goes back to Roman times, that before that the people there were savages, and they were civilized by Rome. Very much like the West today views countries like Iraq or Iran as 'third world nations' though their history goes back several millenia and that we need to go over there to bring them civilization and the demon religion of 'democracy'.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
All the real history happened more than two millennium before jesus.
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline OldTimes

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:42:30 AM »

Like what?

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 06:29:42 AM »
Like what?

The real history that the bible is corrupted from.  Yahwah is a fiction loosely based on the ancient sumerian gods.

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
  • Order of Miseratio Solvo Templum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:08:58 AM »
The real history that the bible is corrupted from.  Yahwah is a fiction loosely based on the ancient sumerian gods.

Very true, the latin vulgate describes a multitude of gods worshipped by the jews whom freemason king james umbrella-termed "the LORD".

its interesting to note that the hebrew of exodus uses the term 'elohim' up until the point moses talks to the fire then it becomes 'yhwh' (it is also mentioned right at this time that moses had been hanging out with a midian priest jethro who also fully agrees that yhwh is lord).

then to top it off, the latin vulgate calls YHWH 'dominus' (lord), but not 'dominus deo' (lord god). and we find 'dominus deo' used often in catholic liturgy referring to the christian god, who is not the same as YHWH.

in the book of daniel the vulgate says daniel speaks to 'dei' which is plural for gods. now people like to say that 'elohim' (creator god) is also plural for gods, but the vulgate lists elohim as 'deus', which is singular. the hebrew text uses 'aleim' when trying to use elohim in a plural sense.

St. Thomas Aquinas: I argue that, These names spoken of God are not synonymous…these names signify the divine substance, although in an imperfect manner, it is also clear from what has been said that they have diverse meanings…Therefore, although the names applied to God signify one thing, still because they signify that under many and different aspects, they are not synonymous. - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, 1947 Benziger Brothers, Volume I, Question 13, Fourth Article
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:01:10 AM by pope daniel »
Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
its interesting to note that the hebrew of exodus uses the term 'elohim' up until the point moses talks to the fire then it becomes 'yhwh' (it is also mentioned right at this time that moses had been hanging out with a midian priest jethro who also fully agrees that yhwh is lord).

It seems clear that the ancient gods departed a few hundred years before Moses (not his real name).  It was a time when mortal man was figuring out controlling mechanisms in the absence of the gods.  Naturally there were latter day psyops, some worked very well.  Did you know that the official story has moses meeting god in a tent?  It was a tent only moses could enter.  If the the other gods had similar tents (or anything better) at that time or later, nobody ever wrote about it.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »

History goes back many millennia, I don't think anyone can say when it 'started'. This whole genesis story is a compressed snippet of creation and man's advent on this globe, or perhaps even elsewhere. The best we can do to make sense of it is by segmenting the recent past into cycles, the most recent of which began 12,000 to 15,000 years ago, which was actually the peak of the Golden Age. I am very much convinced that the cycles of the Hindu Great Year is the most accurate model available and the events since the beginning of the descending Satya Yuga cycle seem to mesh best with the historical record, what little there is of it.

Somewhere along the descending path lies the cataclysmic Flood, or rather a series of floods that eventually overwhelmed Atlantis from which came all the 'gods'. Their migration eastward gave birth to the Sumerian and Egyptian Civilizations but remnants of Atlantis persisted in Ireland, Wales and other western coastal areas including the Basques. Sumeria and Egypt were begun by those from Atlantis who breached the Straits of Hercules and moved eastward into the Mediterranean to the Nile Delta and the Euphrates. Egyptian history is not one in which there was a rise if civilization. the further one goes back in time there it seems that it was further advanced thousands of years in the past than what can be seen as 'recent' Egyptian Dynasties. I would suggest that this is true of Sumeria as well.

The Jews took remnants of the history in both places and made it their own. This is what most of the Old testament consists of and in large part, the story of Jesus in the New Testament. The parallels of his birth, the wise men and so on are paralleled in those ancient cultures.

One can see today the complete confusion that has resulted by the inability of Academics to come to terms with history. They try far too hard to mold their 'theories' into the Jewish narrative, hardly surprising as the universities have long been a bastion of Jewish professors for at least a century, if not longer. None of them are willing to concede their plagiarized preeminence in history.

This has long been a focus of research for me, not just the history but also how it meshes into natural cycles of our earths development and the effect of those changes on the cycles of civilization. It is a vast subject and though one is inclined to 'theorize', to do so is very debilitating to further research since one then cherry picks the record to support the theory. I just keep collecting bits and pieces and hopefully I will be able to patch it altogether someday and make sense of it all. The advent of the internet has increased the availability of the resource material dramatically, which is forcing a rethink by all those who have open minds while at the same time firming up resistance to new ideas in the academic world, which has a vested interest, as always, in the 'accepted' paradigms they got degrees in.

Offline thomaspain

• Group Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »
Somewhere along the descending path lies the cataclysmic Flood, or rather a series of floods that eventually overwhelmed Atlantis from which came all the 'gods'.

I am not much of a student, but I have wondered if the floods were the result of the melting of the ice at the end of the Ice age? I wonder what other centers of civilization of that era were also lost. We will have to wait for another Ice Age before we find out.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 07:03:29 AM »
It is a vast subject and though one is inclined to 'theorize', to do so is very debilitating to further research since one then cherry picks the record to support the theory. I just keep collecting bits and pieces and hopefully I will be able to patch it altogether someday and make sense of it all.

The Mayan calendar means something.  It wouldn't be dead wrong.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
Well, it certainly disturbs the academic record which insists that England's history only goes back to Roman times, that before that the people there were savages, and they were civilized by Rome.

Just yesterday I was watching a tv history-show snippet that claimed that ancient Britons came to know & love "Roman civilization"!  & then there are the "Dark Ages" where we see that ancient Britain produced beautiful & intricate artwork esp in gold & metal.