Author Topic: Whiteout  (Read 2369 times)

Online Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
Whiteout
« on: November 10, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »

As soon as this happens........retire with dignity.......
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
Re: Whiteout
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 12:27:32 PM »
LOL.... I just about choked on my carrot sticks.  ;D
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »
Whiteout & the Monkees

Mickey Dolenz, Peter Tork, Michael Nesmith & David Jones

Michael Nesmith: Then & Now

Michael Nesmith's mother invented 'white-out'

Nesmith was born at St. Joseph's Hospital in Houston, Harris County, Texas in 1942.[1] He was an only child; his parents, Warren Audrey Nesmith and Bette Nesmith Graham, divorced when their son was four. He and his mother moved to Dallas, Texas to be closer to her parents, sister, aunts and grandmother. Bette took temporary jobs ranging from clerical work to graphics design, and developed very good secretarial skills, including shorthand, and, auspiciously, touch typing. When Nesmith was 13 his mother invented a typewriter correction fluid later known commercially as Liquid Paper. Over the next 25 years she and a select group of executives would build the Liquid Paper Corporation into a multimillion dollar international company which she finally sold to Gillette in 1980 for 48 million USD. She died a few months later at age 56.

Bette Nesmith Graham

Online Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
...a select group of executives would build the Liquid Paper Corporation into a multimillion dollar international company which she finally sold to Gillette in 1980 for 48 million USD. She died a few months later at age 56.

Kind of a shame she only died shortly after the sale. Talk about timing... with the computer the end of liquid paper was pretty much certain only a few short years after 1980.

I had forgotten the connection between the Monkeys and the Nesmith's mother being quite wealthy on account of her invention. Bopper band of the 60's.  My older sister watched every Saturday show religiously... I tended more to the heavier stuff, like Zeppelin & P Floyd. Good days. ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:04:47 AM by LoneWolf »
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu