Author Topic: Zecharia Sitchin  (Read 2245 times)

Offline irmatvep

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Zecharia Sitchin
« on: January 29, 2011, 10:58:59 AM »
 Refuting Zecharia Sitchin's Ancient Astronauts and Planet X Theses

I really don’t want to belabour the point re Sitchin and Planet X etc. but for the fact that these kinds of theories have taken such a dramatic hold of so many people’s views on the ancients and impact upon their views of the present and future (doomsday prophecies etc). Currently, the most popular doomsday prophecy doing the rounds is the Planet X theory, which basically states that a rogue planet with a massive orbit will be returning in 2003 to cause catastrophe on Earth. This theory has developed over the years and is first to be found in the works of Zecharia Sitchin.

While there are so many people quoting the ‘Sumerian texts’ straight from Sitchin, or indirectly from the other sources who have also directly or indirectly replicated his bizarre interpretations, I feel we cannot simply ignore the impact this one man has had on the entire New Age movement. More importantly, we must consider the very real implications for our future if this revisionist movement continues at the pace it is going.

Amongst the popular authors who have used erroneous material from Sitchin are Graham Hancock and Robert Beauval, who relied on Sitchin’s assertion that the Great Pyramid at Giza had no evidence within it to show it was built in the 3rd millennium BC. They took him at his word that essential data – an inscription inside the pyramid relating to Khufu – was actually a later piece of fraudulent graffiti. Fortunately, Hancock has now assessed this himself and agrees that the inscription is of Khufu and it does prove that the pyramid was constructed no earlier than Khufu’s reign.

Another author – whose current theories regarding an extraterrestrial race seeding manipulating bloodlines in the ancient world are built upon Sitchin’s ideas – is David Icke. Icke has recently written two very popular books based on this theory and has in the process contaminated the superb work of Prof. L A Waddell with the disinformation of Sitchin. Again, the average reader is unlikely to have the knowledge-base with which to deconstruct the kind of mess which Icke has created of history by combining good source material with disinformation.

I too am guilty of accepting Sitchin’s translations at face value and used some of them in my earlier work. Like many others, I had read the superlative commendations about Sitchin’s scholarship and had not yet looked outside of Sitchin and Alford’s Gods of the New Millennium at the wide range of sources concerning the Sumerians that are available. So I do sympathise with other readers and researchers who have also fallen naively into the same trap. I am also grateful for Sitchin’s work, which initially stimulated my interest in the Sumerians, and gave me so many insights into how history and texts can be manipulated and mislead millions of people.

Today, there are many other such authors. Some are innocently taken in by the hoax, others are knowing hoaxers employed by the Illuminati’s Intelligence community to deliberately spread masses of fraudulent information to hide the truth about the secret aircraft development programme. This knowledge of advanced physics could revolutionise human life if it were widely acknowledged, by not only providing advanced craft, but free energy for the world. Another reason for the maintenance of this hoax is to distort our understanding of history, religion and mythology. If we were to truly understand the meanings behind the writings of our elder cultures, which are basis for most of the world’s religious beliefs, we would see and understand that our diversity of beliefs and faiths stem from common truths that have been perverted, distorted and used for dividing mankind, both from each other and from our own inner connection with our innate spiritual core. If the Truth were known, rather than beliefs bought and sold in packages of religion, then we could remove religion altogether - the greatest mind manipulation and social control tool in the Illuminati’s arsenal - and live in harmony and freedom, together.

One has to be aware of the wolves in sheep’s clothing. Many such authors are active in informing you that they are ‘freeing’ you from the mind control of religion, through deconstructing them and providing you with evidence to support their claims. However, what so many of them are actually doing is tearing down the foundations of religions (not necessarily a bad thing, in my opinion), to replace them with the ‘alien gods’ or ‘ascended master gods’ scenarios, which the reader may never even consider to be a new religion. And far from being ‘freed’ or ‘enlightened’, such people are actually being re-herded into new pens full of manageable sheep who believe they are free.

I have already said a good deal in previous magazines about what I see as a plan to create a new religion, which will bring us up to date in technological terms, whilst at the same time coalescing the previous religions, gods and mythologies into a united ‘they were all aliens’ scenario, and minor variations upon it. Christianity amalgamated the world religions into one manageable religion for the Romans 2000 years ago, and it would appear that we are heading for the next Universal (Catholic) Church, through which they can mind control future generations.

Sitchin is certainly not the only author to distort and mislead us, but is certainly the most influential, and most of what is being said in these articles about Sitchin can be applied to countless other New Age, historical revisionist and UFO-related authors.

Most people do not have the time to investigate the complex background to information presented in books on ancient texts. In the main, people develop an interest in a particular angle on a subject – for instance the ancient astronaut hypothesis. They will then read many books of the same type, usually coming from the same angle, often by a bunch of authors who cross-reference each other incestuously. They may then consider themselves quite well-read on the subject. However, unless they have taken the time to study the same texts and histories from many other perspectives, they will not have a good perspective from which to judge whether the material they favour is reasonable.

It has struck me how much information is available, and has been for many years, which your conventional ancient astronaut author will never reference, criticise or ever try to incorporate into their work. This applies equally to any number of revisionist Egyptology, Sumerian, ancient civilisation, Atlantis etc. etc. authors too. It would appear that these authors are either extremely ignorant of the available data – which I have difficulty believing, as they usually appear very well-read in their field – or they have so narrowed their field of vision to exclude the available answers in order to create an illusion that there are far more ‘holes’ in our knowledge than there actually are.

They usually start from the proffered premise that ‘we believe’ today a certain scenario which ‘experts’ have developed, such authors usually take pains to disassemble the ‘conventional view’ of academia and reveal the glaring inconsistencies; showing us how the academic viewpoint as taught in universities simply can’t be true or is at least highly dubious. And I agree in the main that conventional history needs to be revised, but we simply cannot ignore the mass of data which has been gathered by academia over the years, even if we do not necessarily agree with the overall picture such academics paint with this data. In the books of many of today’s popular alternative authors, once the subject is rendered ambiguous and open to interpretation, the authors then go on to ‘fill the gaps’ with highly speculative or tentative information as evidence of their own particular theory. Again, this is not necessarily improper; all authors and theorists do this. What is improper is when the conventional view is artificially distorted to make it appear to the reader to be inadequate or ridiculous; something which the average reader is unlikely to recognise.

Moreover, surely, when there is a huge body of information available which does provide adequate explanation, we need to question both the ability and the motivation of the author who never references known evidence and proof that would negate their own theories.

Sitchin is a good example of one who ignores known data, misquotes and mistranslates, and who leaves out elements of well-known data – even parts of well-known texts – which remove the proper context, so that he can reconstruct carefully selected fragments of hand-picked data into an internally consistent book. Although the individual books may seem to be internally consistent – which is all the average reader will know and therefore accept – when viewed next to the available data, such theories are blatantly ridiculous and clearly manufactured to con a reader who unfortunately knows no better; a reader who trusts the author to have done his homework and to be reasonable with the data – especially when, as in the case of Sitchin – the author is widely acclaimed to be an ‘expert’ and one of a handful of people in the world who can read the ancient Sumerian texts. It is clear that Sitchin is not an expert at all. In fact, most of his 12th Planet is merely a collation of standard works such as Kramer's, which is then used as the basis of a deconstruction and ‘retranslation’ into the ET-gods scenario.

I fail to see where Sitchin has done any proper translation work of his own, or has revealed anything which was not already available in the standard works. The only ‘new’ material in the 12th Planet comes in the form of mistranslation, and distortion of known data.

Unfortunately, it is this mistranslated data that any number of books, New Age gurus and websites are quoting to support their belief in the ancient astronaut theory. Amazingly, these clearly erroneous translations and histories are also being ‘channelled’ by numerous New Age gurus who claim to be receiving the information directly from spirits, ascended masters or aliens! There is a mass market for such things today; naïve ‘truthseekers’ all over the world have been captured in the glamour and excitement of the ETs and many have invested their entire view of reality on such paradigms as ‘the aliens will save us’, or ‘the aliens are coming’, which has replaced conventional religion as a means of explaining creation and providing answers from ‘above’ or ‘out there’.

So let’s look at the evidence and decide for ourselves if Sitchin’s particular version of history has any merit, and whether there is any reason to fear Planet X. Then we will take a brief look at one key area in mythology – astronomy and astrology – which is usually misunderstood, thereby creating a host of motifs that people such as Sitchin have speculated about and refashioned into new theories and myths over the years. I’ll run past you a few theories of my own into the bargain and you can see if they make any more sense in the light of the following information.

Ivan Fraser
Go to Part 2

Offline irmatvep

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: Zecharia Sitchin
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:13:13 AM »

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:17:54 AM »
If we were to truly understand the meanings behind the writings of our elder cultures, which are basis for most of the world’s religious beliefs, we would see and understand that our diversity of beliefs and faiths stem from common truths that have been perverted, distorted and used for dividing mankind, both from each other and from our own inner connection with our innate spiritual core. If the Truth were known, rather than beliefs bought and sold in packages of religion, then we could remove religion altogether - the greatest mind manipulation and social control tool in the Illuminati’s arsenal - and live in harmony and freedom, together.

Very much on point. I have not really studied much of Sitchin as the idea that he alone has the key to the Sumerian texts struck me as a rather odd claim. If he did discover the key I'm sure that by now others would have grasped it as well and proceeded on their own This has not been the case.

I was going to ask you where part 2 was but happily you just posted the link.  Thx.  8)
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline roscoe

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
I believe that another Judaix, Emmanuel Velokovsky, is the originator of the planet X theory. D Icke says that Stitchen was a shape shifter.

Offline bpocatch

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
I can't find the link or quote but I thought Stichin was hilarious but dismissing the significance Bible tale (vs Sumerian tale) as being no more than a group of meddlesome Jewish lawyers gone bad.   :D

As I recall a humanoid race Sumerians has some royal intrigue when farming earth for erm gold I think. They need to clean their home planet's atmosphere with gold flakes or something.  Proto humans are bred to do the heavy lifting of mining.  One naughty Sumerian scientist steps way out of bounds when she mixes the sumerian dna (looks like serpents get it?) with proto human dna.  There is some big fight in the royal family that is cause by this hybrid or bleeds over into it.  And here we are.

the above story is supposedly captured on the carvings into to 10,000s large pebbles that stichins or someone else translated.

hey it could happen

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
hey it could happen

It's dumb to think you know how Dec 2012 will play out.  It's smart to prepare for the possibilities.   
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline bpocatch

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 02:52:12 AM »
It's dumb to think you know how Dec 2012 will play out.  It's smart to prepare for the possibilities.    

Dumb: dense: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity;

I represent that.  I think.  With this sugar fueled machine that I have I find it hard to not be dense.

I did not realize that there was a link between the Anunnaki, Planet X, and 2012.   It makes sense though.

“Those Who From Heaven to Earth Came.”

The Role of the Anunnaki

Biblical verses dealing with the fashioning of The Adam are condensed renderings of much much more detailed Sumerian and Akkadian texts, found inscribed on clay tablets, in which the role of the Elohim in Genesis is performed by the Anunnaki – “Those Who From Heaven to Earth Came.”

As detailed in my books, beginning with The 12th Planet (1976) and even more so in Genesis Revisited and The Cosmic Code, the Anunnaki came to Earth some 450,000 years ago from the planet Nibiru – a member of our own solar system whose great orbit brings it to our part of the heavens once every 3,600 years. They came here in need of gold, with which to protect their dwindling atmosphere. Exhausted and in need of help in mining the gold, their chief scientist Enki suggested that they use their genetic knowledge to create the needed Primitive Workers. When the other leaders of the Anunnaki asked: How can you create a new being? He answered:

“The being that we need already exists;
all that we have to do is put our mark on it.”

The time was some 300,000 years ago.

What he had in mind was to upgrade genetically the existing hominids, who were already on Earth through Evolution, by adding some of the genes of the more advanced Anunnaki. That the Anunnaki, who could already travel in space 450,000 years ago, possessed the genomic science (whose threshold we have now reached) is clear not only from the actual texts but also from numerous depictions in which the double-helix of the DNA is rendered as Entwined Serpents (a symbol still used for medicine and healing) — see illustration ‘A’ below.

When the leaders of the Anunnaki approved the project (as echoed in the biblical ”Let us fashion the Adam”), Enki with the help of Ninharsag, the Chief Medical Officer of the Anunnaki, embarked on a process of genetic engineering, by adding and combining genes of the Anunnaki with those of the already-existing hominids.

When, after much trial and error breathtakingly described and recorded in antiquity, a “perfect model” was attained, Ninharsag held him up and shouted: “My hands have made it!” An ancient artist depicted the scene on a cylinder seal (illustration ‘B’).

And that, I suggest, is how we had come to possess the unique extra genes. It was in the image of the Anunnaki, not of bacteria, that Adam and Eve were fashioned.

A Matter of Extreme Significance

Unless further scientific research can establish, beyond any doubt, that the only possible source of the extra genes are indeed bacteria, and unless it is then also determined that the infection (“horizontal transfer”) went from bacteria to Man and not from Man to bacteria, the only other available solution will be that offered by the Sumerian texts millennia ago.

Until then, the enigmatic 223 alien genes will remain as an alternative – and as a corroboration by modern science of the Anunnaki and their genetic feats on Earth.

ZECHARIA SITCHIN
© Z. Sitchin Reprinted with permission.

http://xplanet2012.com/annanuki.html

I challenge how anyone cracked the code to translate of the Annunaki language.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:48:01 AM by LoneWolf »

Offline Mel Gibstein

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 05:11:07 AM »
They came here in need of gold

Just what I thought, Jews.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »
I believe that the truth is out there on 2012, but as you would suspect in this age of disinfo, there are also 100's of other 2012 theories based upon all sorts of weird stuff.  I have read enough about it to feel that I'll understand what's happening when it is, be it some real deal or some manufacturer event.  But I have also come to the conclusion that the capabilities of HAARP are extremely over-stated. 

How powerful could a parking lot with some antennas be?

There's also a theory that one of the objectives of the invasion of Iraq was to recover special Sumerian artifacts in preparation of 2012.  That was the "search for WMDs" that didn't produce them.  It was thought that what they were after was secretly smuggled to Iran.  Could this Egypt thing be a similar operation to recover similar artifacts?

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 06:47:49 AM »
Zecharia Sitchin is, to the best of my knowledge, a Jewish kabbalist, born near what was formerly called 'Khazaria'...His 'theories' are designed foe people who do not believe that a human being can have a direct, or personal relationship with God...This view, directly opposed to Christianity, where the personal connection is paramount, is the essence of Judaism, which is 'rejectionist' in nature...When one cannot know God, or believes that our Creator is some kind of 'ineffable essence' that has no definition, then the tendency is to find a 'substitute'...Sitchin believe we are the bastard offspring of an alien race...This belief should tell you a lot about him and his compatriots.

He is quite popular with George Noorey and the 'Coast to Coast AM' crowd...They are always fascinated with aliens.

He is also deceased.

Here is a critique of Sitchin's theories:

http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/sitchinerrors.htm

They came here in search of gold
Just what I thought, Jews.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:53:49 AM by FrankDialogue »

Offline AngelOfLight

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 07:52:08 AM »
http://www.sitchiniswrong.com/

Interesting site.

About the author

About Dr. Michael S. Heiser

Mike Heiser earned an M.A. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004) in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  His dissertation was entitled, "The Divine Council in Late Canonical and Non-Canonical Second Temple Jewish Literature" (English translation: the dissertation dealt with the presence of a pantheon in the Hebrew Bible and the binitarian nature of ancient Israelite religion and Judaism, a backdrop for the the belief in the deity of Christ in the New Testament).  Before going to the UW-Madison, Mike also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (1992; major fields, Ancient Syria-Palestine and Egyptology).  Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Moabite, and Ugaritic cuneiform.  He has also studied Akkadian and Sumerian independently.

Mike has taught over two dozen courses over the span of 15 years of undergraduate teaching. He is currently the Academic Editor at Logos Bible Software in Bellingham, WA. In 2007 the Pacific Northwest region of the Society of Biblical Literature awarded Mike its Regional Scholar award. You can learn more about Dr. Heiser by visiting his homepage or viewing his resume/CV.

Mike is probably best known to those interested in the ancient astronaut subject through his many appearances on Coast to Coast AM. He has also spoken a several conferences. Some of his presentations are available on DVD here.

You can contact Mike here.  Dr. Heiser is certainly willing to debate Zecharia Sitchin or anyone else who promotes his ideas.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:54:43 AM by AngelOfLight »
Judge me if you're with out sin!

Offline AngelOfLight

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 07:58:59 AM »
Jordan Maxwell speaks highly of Sitchin. He says that we should watch and pay very close attention to the movies Spielberg makes.

I trust Spielberg 100%.

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 09:14:46 AM »
Jordan Maxwell speaks highly of Sitchin. He says that we should watch and pay very close attention to the movies Spielberg makes.

I trust Spielberg 100%.

Jordan also says that the descendants of the Teutonic Knights and the Hanseatic League are at the heart of the NWO...I heard him say this on the Alex Jones show, and Alex agreed that he, himself, had confirmed this through his research...Maxwell even invented a term called 'Teutonic Zionism' which is supposedly a conspiracy involving Germanic occult lodges targeting Jews...Maxwell invented this term and there is no historical evidence of any such group...Maxwell is a charlatan, and maybe more.

The Hanseatic League was a type of loose confederation of seaport cities on the Baltic and North Seas that pioneered various means of trade, money exchange, and protection of the merchant cities involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanseatic_League

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 05:12:14 AM »

I trust Spielberg 100%.

When Jews go to great lengths to "debunk" theories, they warrant investigation.  I recently bought a bunch of cheap paperbacks of Sitchin's work.  For anybody interested in the origins of human civilization, as well as understanding the Old Testament, his work provides invaluable background.  Bear in mind that his work is primarily interpretation of ancient Sumerian tablets, which are indeed very mysterious to begin with.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:06:11 PM by wag »

Offline roscoe

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »
The phoney Maxwell goes into hysterics when David Icke says Stitchin was a shape shifter. Maxwell and Jones are both enemies of R Catholic Church. Jones never tires of smearing Marie Antoinette with the 'let em eat cake' lie.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:05:24 PM by roscoe »

Offline FLAT_HEADED_RUSSIAN

• Troll
  • Major General
  • The Empire is falling
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 04:36:12 AM »
I own every book he ever wrote and will read them ALL at least twice if not many times over
He had some very good points. He is entitled to his views.
Do I agree with everything he says? No.
He references all texts and they are there for the reading.
We are Legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us

Offline AngelOfLight

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 04:39:33 AM »
Jordan also says that the descendants of the Teutonic Knights and the Hanseatic League are at the heart of the NWO...I heard him say this on the Alex Jones show, and Alex agreed that he, himself, had confirmed this through his research...Maxwell even invented a term called 'Teutonic Zionism' which is supposedly a conspiracy involving Germanic occult lodges targeting Jews...Maxwell invented this term and there is no historical evidence of any such group...Maxwell is a charlatan, and maybe more.

The Hanseatic League was a type of loose confederation of seaport cities on the Baltic and North Seas that pioneered various means of trade, money exchange, and protection of the merchant cities involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanseatic_League

Wow "Teutonic Zionism" ...... got to love them!   :D

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 05:31:14 AM »
I own every book he ever wrote and will read them ALL at least twice if not many times over
He had some very good points. He is entitled to his views.
Do I agree with everything he says? No.

Which parts do you agree with?

Offline bpocatch

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 05:34:03 AM »

Not to cause discord and be a jerk but I have seen this self reinforcing behavior by "humans came from pond scum crowd" like me ferric and m theory.

AA writes of the messiah myth in ZZ culture. BB writes of a messiah myth in YY culture citing AA's writing on the now apparent behavior of messiah myth creation.  Repeat...

Sticking to the facts there is no first hand evidence that the myth is a myth.

"I challenge how anyone cracked the code to translate of the Annunaki language."

Stitchin or his follower should cite how this translation was done.

Offline AngelOfLight

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 05:58:41 AM »
When Jews go to great lengths to "debunk" theories, they warrant investigation.  I recently bought a bunch of cheap paperbacks of Sitchin's work.  For anybody interested in the origins of human civilization, as well as understanding the Old Testament, his work provides invaluable background.  Bear in mind that his work is primarily interpretation of ancient Sumerian tablets, which are indeed very mysterious to begin with.

Does Sitchin know the language of Sumerians?