Author Topic: coming to the U.S.  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Valaki

• Private
    • View Profile
coming to the U.S.
« on: December 06, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
Didn't know where to put this.

It looks like I will immigrating to the U.S., and this place seems like the only resource I can ask for honest opinions on the economic situation.

I am a 28 year old white male from Europe and will be looking for work once I arrive. What are my chances of getting employment?

Any tips from anyone really appreciated.

Sceptic

Re: coming to the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »

It looks like I will immigrating to the U.S., and this place seems like the only resource I can ask for honest opinions on the economic situation.

I am a 28 year old white male from Europe and will be looking for work once I arrive. What are my chances of getting employment?

Oh my dear, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you could have chosen better. Take a look at the Money & Markets board and see what an economic wasteland the US will soon become/has become.

I can tell you a large percentage of legal Americans are unemployed, & that figure is steadily increasing, despite what the MSM parrots. You'd probably be better off if you were Black or Latino & illegal... :D

Seriously though, unless you qualify as a skilled worker in a field that is lacking (IT, health care etc), you're chances might be slim. The senior members will offer you some better advice, I'm sure. I'm not from the US but I have relatives there & they all say the same thing. Canada is probably a better bet for employment.

There are better countries....

Offline Zampan0

• Group Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »

The member "Jacob Gold" is wealthy and is in need of a body guard.  PM Jacob.
Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference.

Offline Valaki

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:43:53 PM »
"The member "Jacob Gold" is wealthy and is in need of a body guard. "

Sign me up.

Offline Valaki

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
For the record I have an accredited BA degree. Although in a worthless subject.

Offline mallard

• Commander
  • Coulda had a V-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »
Valaki:

"For the record I have an accredited BA degree. Although in a worthless subject."

No subject is worthless ... nor any subject worth less ... than fair appraisal by one who's studied it!

If that doesn't suit you, either, could I please inquire as to what field of somewhat major study it was?

Quoting one classmate who graduated in Economics back in 1979:

"History goes backwards.  Economics goes nowhere."

He was referring to what has also been coined as The Grim Science ... and how prophetic such images of darkness have turned out to be.

But please don't discredit your own efforts in college based on once-aspired to aspirations gone on permanent hold, whatever.  It's much more than hot air if you give it needed validity at some point again. 

So, your cry of worthlessness is just a tad too upsetting not to ... add a whispy howl from the wings.  Devo was right.  We are devo.

You seem to have gotten what you needed most, anyhow, from what I can tell so far.  Welcome to FP.

don't eat yellow snow

Offline Valaki

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 04:16:49 AM »
If that doesn't suit you, either, could I please inquire as to what field of somewhat major study it was?

The field of study... the field of study was... "English" :(

It's much more than hot air if you give it needed validity at some point again. 

I've heard there are millions and millions of unemployed and underemployed English majors in the US...

...How does bus driving pay?

Welcome to FP.

Thank you.

Offline mallard

• Commander
  • Coulda had a V-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 07:04:46 AM »
Don't ask me.  I'm an English teacher.

Go figure.
don't eat yellow snow

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 06:37:11 AM »

Valaki, many toilets and rest rooms need to be cleaned here...But you will have to fight off Mexicans to get the work...Do you have a skill?...If you do good, because you will need a Social Security number and a permanent address to get welfare and food stamps once you get here...By skill, I mean, can you read and fill out a few forms and maybe forge a signature or two?

You will enjoy the great mass of African-Americans here, sometimes called 'niggers'...Many work in the welfare and/or government offices and you will find it quite funny how they pronounce Russian names...They have a great skill for theft, so don't do business with them on any level, unless they have a White supervisor...Of course, if you go to fast food restaurant, you cannot avoid doing business with them because they work there...And usually, there is no White supervisor, although a White person may be owner or have stock in the restaurant...More precisely, I mean don't do black market business with them, because they will steal your money...You probably have no exact equivalent in your country, but maybe think of Chechen, Georgian gangs.

USA also have large immigrant population of Africans...They are generally OK, and work hard...American Blacks hate them for this...American Blacks think 'job' means working for government, at any level, and getting paycheck and benefits for sitting on their fat ass.

USA now is probably like Russia after fall of Communism, when lawless elements dominated...We do have Zhidski mafia here: they run country...But, unfortunately, we have no Putin in charge to fight them..

But, hopefully, you have some connections here, and this may help you...I personally have as friends a wonderful Ukrainian-Polish couple who have been here about 15 years, and they a doing well: Husband works for Philadelphia Sheriff's Office, Wife is school teacher...Perhaps if you move to a city, and have a BA, whatever subject, you try to get job as school teacher.

Security guard jobs are big, but these are reserved for niggers, or off & on criminal types with IQ lower than 90.

Please feel free to email me if you need more specific or serious information...Das Vidanye!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:03:41 AM by FrankDialogue »

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 07:48:11 AM »
Valaki, you probably from near Baltic?...When I hear name I thin Russian?...Doesn't matter, what I say still applies.

Offline Spahi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 12:33:19 PM »
The field of study... the field of study was... "English" :(

I've heard there are millions and millions of unemployed and underemployed English majors in the US...

I have the exact same major, and it is pretty useless.

Offline OldTimes

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
I realize the economy is bad all over, but it's particularly bad in the U.S. - though some places more than others.  Slated to get much much worse, too.

Where in the U.S. are you thinking about moving?