Author Topic: * GORDON DUFF: HISTORY NEVER HAPPENED, WHO IS DAVID IRVING?  (Read 4240 times)

Offline jacob gold

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
Re: * GORDON DUFF: HISTORY NEVER HAPPENED, WHO IS DAVID IRVING?
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
Cognitive structure? You mean like the poster says --If they survive, will we? Was Iraq a threat to America, or the Jews? Is Iran a threat to Israel or America? OK, I got it, any threat against Jews is a threat against all Americans. We must all fight the war on terror!

It's cool when three kids from Montana are killed by a Mossad IED and Jewish children sit in Harvard

Offline jacob gold

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
All politics is local.  They will come to you.  "Local politicians" all know that.

You and Laconas are really rocking

I bet you guys cried when Chuck Norris (movie Delta Force) killed the bad arabs, and the Mossad was there to help. Or how about the movie Enteebe where Charles Bronson played the Jewish hero.

Offline Prestonaduff

• Lurker
  • Neither a citizen nor subject be.
    • View Profile
    • cute spanish girls
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »
Scoop look at Books Lorca

analyzed by Ruth Brassington

I've still got my 1960 Penguin translation of Lorca's selected poems, With the main Spanish version taking pride of place on the page with the English translation relegated to mere footnotes. by 1971, When I got it, i think it was "cool down" to read the paper Lorca. at this time, confronted by a book of his prose musings on his home country, initially published there in 1918, I am overwhelmed by the word pictures he paints, with Julian Bell's gentlemanly "brit abroad" sketches.

At Granada college or university, Lorca had a wonderful literature professor in 1916 17 who took his students on local art and structures trips and to share cultural experiences. "Teacher and children gave public talks, Lorca literally piano and they conversed with local pretty girl in spanish artists, Intellectuals and clergy, the scholars then wrote about their trips, And Lorca was only 19 years old when he published this associated with his writings.

you start with a prologue and a meditation that today seem over written even "new age hippy" during their floweriness and soulful meanderings, The text becomes tighter and more fine tuned as Lorca targets on what he sees and reacts to, Both past events and present moments on the famous sites he visits. If you may well be angered by mentions of soul and heart: "A wearied heart satiated by vices and love finds the bitter tranquility it craves" Then don't read either the prologue or the introspection. having, Lorca was only 19 when he wrote it. But the others is worth a look, Even if he does meander off into poetic religiosity each and every. retain, It is france.

I queued in Spain with dozens of school children on a day out, Because we wished to see the finger of a saint. And this became in 2011, Not 1931 or the middle ages. (we have a finger of Galileo's, In florencia, quite, i don't know why.) And the way Lorca writes about his opinions of the Spanish towns and villages he visits Granada, Avila, Santo Domingo p Silos (Famous now for the Gregorian chants) Is as if he is a range of his present self and the ancients he refers to. The poesy has already been evident: "Weeds hang and kiss the stone, With almost everything overwhelmingly his passion for the past to draw out his mellifluous words. We have a large blue shadow spreading its melancholy; Willows weeping coming from elegant, Funereal offices, People in fearful tense corners creating tales of dead bodies and wintry ghostserrant midwives and prostitutes who gossip wildly, fearful and full of superstition.

Colour is used a lot: things are all emerald green, aqua green, your unwanted watches, silver, dreary. Lorca's droll social findings are here too: "The madrigal died with the birth of the railway, And the rather more serious realisation that the tearing up of a beautiful garden is not a travesty but a necessity when he records that a mother with skeletal children who he berates for pulling up date in spanish decorative plants, replies: "i noticed you are well fed! but only if you knew how little we earn! at any rate if we change this garden into an allotment, We can sell lettuces and cabbages in the city and my children will have somewhat more to eat, Maybe the future playwright was starting to come through.

Lorca's first book of verse was composed in 1921, But he mainly became recognized for his plays and, Following Spain's to become a republic in 1931, As artistic director of a regime sponsored theatre company. any kind of stthe newunch Republiceveryn, He was harmed by Francoist insurgents in 1936, shortly after the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War. Lorca's death at 38 was a loss to both theatre and poetry.