Author Topic: Who is Doug Edelman?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Who is Doug Edelman?
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »
http://www.sethhettena.com/2010/who-is-doug-edelman/
Doug Edelman is the Californian at the center of a congressional investigation into a $1.4 billion contract to supply aviation fuel at the U.S. air base in Kyrgyzstan, a critical hub for the war in Afghanistan.

Congress wants to know whether the sole-source, classified contracts awarded to Mina Corp., Ltd., and Red Star Enterprises Ltd., were really a vehicle for the U.S. government to deliver payoffs to the family of two corrupt former Kyrgyzstan presidents.

Edelman`s name first surfaced in May in London`s Daily Telegraph newspaper, which tracked Mina and Red Star to an address in London`s posh Mayfair district.

`Inside, Mina Corp and Red Star`s logos are clearly displayed,` Richard Orange wrote. `Senior staff include Chuck Squires, a former US defence attache, and Doug Edelman.`

Jeff Stein at The Washington Post`s SpyTalk blog describes Edelman as `a Californian with extensive business experience in Moscow and Central Asia.` Deirdre Tynan of Eurasianet.org and Paris-based Intelligence Online have dug deep into Edelman`s corporate affiliations. Edelman controls a network of a companies organised around an offshore financial consultancy, Aspen Wind Corporation, according to Intelligence Online. Aspen Wind Corp. registered in 2002 with New York State, listing principal executive offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.

No one seems to have yet connected the 58-year-old native of Stockton, California to the most interesting part of his biography: his role as one of the executive producers of a feature film on the life of evangelist Billy Graham.

Billy: The Early Years features Arnie Hammer, great-grandson of Armand Hammer, who led Occidental Petroleum in Los Angeles and forged close ties with the Soviet Union.

Doug Edelman`s name appears in the credits and virtually nowhere else, although there were some side benefits. One of his daughters is credited with a small role; another daughter performs a song on the film`s soundtrack.

Though a host of endorsements were offered on the film`s web page (www.billytheearlyyears.com), Franklin Graham, president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, released a statement saying that BGEA `has not collaborated with nor does it endorse the movie, Billy: The Early Years.` The film, released in 2008, bombed at the box office, grossing less than $350,000, according to boxofficemojo.

Billy: The Early Years was financed by Solex Productions, which describes itself in press materials as a `sister company` of Mina Media.

Mina Media, with an address of 15 Agiou Pavlov Street, Nicosia, Cyprus, is a subsidiary of UK-based Mina Corp. Ltd. (Click here for Mina Media`s corporate records)

It owns and operates MTV Adria in Slovenia, which broadcasts in Macedonia, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.  News releases at the time of Mina`s purchase of MTV Adria identified Stephen MacSearraigh as the chief executive, who said he wanted to target Balkan youth. (Mina Corp/Mina Media did not respond to a request for comment.)

MacSearraigh, an Irishman and former research director for Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, was a director of Mina Corp. He served as editor of Iraq Today, a defunct English-language newspaper financed by Mina Corp that was published in Baghdad after the U.S. invasion.

Given the allegations against Mina, it`s somewhat ironic to learn that MacSearraigh co-authored an essay on corruption in the oil sector that was published in a World Bank report. And Edelman isn`t the only Mina employee with a movie connection. MacSearraigh is credited as a consultant to the geopolitical thriller Syriana.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/03/AR2010110307624.html

I don't get it.  On one level, here's some regular jew working the DOD Acquisitions Office with help from his friends; but why does the zio-Washington Post question it?  Is this for real, or is this a sham story with a coded message?
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Doug Edelman?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:53:40 PM »
http://www.sethhettena.com/2010/who-is-doug-edelman/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/03/AR2010110307624.html

I don't get it.  On one level, here's some regular jew working the DOD Acquisitions Office with help from his friends; but why does the zio-Washington Post question it?  Is this for real, or is this a sham story with a coded message?

Interesting post Wag.  I was gonna post the WashPost story which directly implies that Edelman's company is a CIA front & mentions the somewhat infamous Air America cut-out company from Vietnam days.  I'm guessing that WashPost & their Zio pals got wind that someone was gonna bust the story so they came out with the convenient CIA-dunnit story to distract from the Zio-profiteer angle.  Nowadays, with all the privatized-MIC bs, CIA is too lazy & unmotivated to set up cut-outs, they're just hoping to score private-sector jobs after reaching a decent pension-grade.  WashPost does have some interesting stories occasionally but they don't reach the greater MSM.  They once had a series about Gerald Bull, the Canadian ballistics engineer who supposedly was gonna build a "Super Gun" for Saddam.  On the surface the Post story was, er, full of Bull, but at least they put it out there for folks who try to read between the lines.

Offline bpocatch

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
Congress wants to know whether the sole-source, classified contracts awarded to Mina Corp., Ltd., and Red Star Enterprises Ltd., were really a vehicle for the U.S. government to deliver payoffs to the family of two corrupt former Kyrgyzstan presidents.

Oh my the moral outrage of the constitutes must be addressed (and vented).   Who better to do this than Holocaust survivors?  Waxman, Boxer, Feinstein, Schumer will square this away. Moving along nothing to see here.  Look there is a Muslim shoe bomber under your bed!

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:12:56 AM »
I'm guessing that WashPost & their Zio pals got wind that someone was gonna bust the story so they came out with the convenient CIA-dunnit story to distract from the Zio-profiteer angle. 

Could be.  I also sometimes wonder if people in news stories actually even exist.  If Edelman is what they say he is, some big time contractor who controls two corporation, why no information on him?  Come on, all jews that are somebody have lots of good press releases, if not a Wikipedia page and photos at formal political events.  I say, this Edelman is a creation, maybe for the purpose of having us believe the Congress investigates jew DOD deals.  The counter-argument is that Congress does not. 
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »
Could be.  I also sometimes wonder if people in news stories actually even exist.  If Edelman is what they say he is, some big time contractor who controls two corporation, why no information on him?  Come on, all jews that are somebody have lots of good press releases, if not a Wikipedia page and photos at formal political events.  I say, this Edelman is a creation, maybe for the purpose of having us believe the Congress investigates jew DOD deals.  The counter-argument is that Congress does not. 

Does Marc Rich have a Facebook page?  Edelman probably has unnamed (Zio?) backers, maybe he's the small fish to be caught & deflect from the bigger fish.  I'm interested in the topic of synthetic personalities; at this point I wouldn't put anything past PTB.  I suspect 7/7 of using synthetic victims to produce the large "fatality" count.