Author Topic: * Videos  (Read 33718 times)

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
Re: * Videos
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
Thats one of my favorites too!!! :)

Take a look at this one: imagine someone taking the time to do this.

"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »
Take a look at this one: imagine someone taking the time to do this.

And well worth the time. Very kewl.  8)
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
I though so too. The things people can do when the mood strikes them is quite amazing.  :)
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".

Offline OldTimes

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »

The equations in the beginning are just the natural consequences of a based-10 number system.

As for when people ask for more than 100%, it annoys the hell outta me.  I guess some people just don't understand that 100% is all there is.  And when speaking about work, even just 98% of what is humanly possible is seldom achieved.

As for the numbering of the letters, I doubt Fetcho would approve.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2011, 11:38:15 AM »
The equations in the beginning are just the natural consequences of a based-10 number system.

As for when people ask for more than 100%, it annoys the hell outta me.  I guess some people just don't understand that 100% is all there is.  And when speaking about work, even just 98% of what is humanly possible is seldom achieved.

As for the numbering of the letters, I doubt Fetcho would approve.

Lighten up, Yuri...   ;D

Philosophically speaking it means taking that extra step, making that extra effort needed to achieve something in life and relationships. From that perspective I think even Fetcho could not help to agree.

Offline Origin

• Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »
The Known Universe

Full screen is a must!  Enjoy!

Explanation: What would it look like to travel across the known universe? To help humanity visualize this, the American Museum of Natural History has produced a modern movie featuring many visual highlights of such a trip. The video starts in Earth's Himalayan Mountains and then dramatically zooms out, showing the orbits of Earth's satellites, the Sun, the Solar System, the extent of humanities first radio signals, the Milky Way Galaxy, galaxies nearby, distant galaxies, and quasars. As the distant surface of the microwave background is finally reached, radiation is depicted that was emitted billions of light years away and less than one million years after the Big Bang. Frequently using the Digital Universe Atlas, every object in the video has been rendered to scale given the best scientific research in 2009, when the video was produced. The film has similarities to the famous Powers of Ten video that has been a favorite of many space enthusiasts for a generation.
"They're going to do everything they can to kill Jews," Eldad said. "They are relating to human beings here like they wouldn't relate to Arabs."

Offline ChrisPDX

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 01:01:43 PM »
The Known Universe

Explanation: What would it look like to travel across the known universe? To help humanity visualize this, the American Museum of Natural History has produced a modern movie featuring many visual highlights of such a trip. The video starts in Earth's Himalayan Mountains and then dramatically zooms out, showing the orbits of Earth's satellites, the Sun, the Solar System, the extent of humanities first radio signals, the Milky Way Galaxy, galaxies nearby, distant galaxies, and quasars. As the distant surface of the microwave background is finally reached, radiation is depicted that was emitted billions of light years away and less than one million years after the Big Bang. Frequently using the Digital Universe Atlas, every object in the video has been rendered to scale given the best scientific research in 2009, when the video was produced. The film has similarities to the famous Powers of Ten video that has been a favorite of many space enthusiasts for a generation.

That is GREAT!!!   Thanks!
Boo!

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »
The Known Universe

Wow, that is great Video, Origin. Thanks for posting it.

How are you ? Nice to see you and welcome back.

Offline jewbacca

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 06:56:23 AM »
interesting that what appears to be a torsion field (two opposed vortices) shows up at the 3 min mark.

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/torsion.htm

Offline Mel Gibstein

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
Party in Stomach

In future embed... or don't bother posting. The post will be removed. This request has been made repeatedly and to continually ignore that request constitutes either disrespect or plain laziness.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:32:06 AM by LoneWolf »

Offline Mel Gibstein

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
It would help if you made it somewhat easier to post. Ive never seen you post links were not allowed ever.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »
It would help if you made it somewhat easier to post. Ive never seen you post links were not allowed ever.

How hard is it to embed a youtube vid? We will toast posts that are mere links. Read the banner/newsfader once in awhile Mel.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:43:36 PM by LoneWolf »

Offline Mel Gibstein

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2011, 02:58:58 PM »
The way I used to post these videos doesnt work. It comes up as a blank square.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2011, 04:04:57 PM »
The way I used to post these videos doesnt work. It comes up as a blank square.

All that needs to be done is to put [ html] in front and  [ /html] (minus the extra space I added after the leading bracket) at the end of the embed code... I hope you are not trying to enclose the link? And I have to ask... what browser are you using? What version?

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
- * Videos
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
Logistics Humor

I stumbled across this and it made me laugh. If you've ever wondered
how freight gets damaged this ought to clear things up for you.
I am not sure about the Arabic subtitles but it is very funny.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:20:19 AM by LoneWolf »
Judge me if you're with out sin!

Offline Jan Robertson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • AKA Mystica. All things are connected
    • View Profile
- * Videos
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »

I just found this trailer, Has anyone seen the movie? ... I just gotta see this one, it's hilarious  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdHUQtnJsyQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KdHUQtnJsyQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Offline Jan Robertson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • AKA Mystica. All things are connected
    • View Profile
- * Videos
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPOfurmrjxo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gPOfurmrjxo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.