Author Topic: * Videos  (Read 33647 times)

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
* Videos
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:19 AM »
Hear this little girl sing!!!

ENJOY!!!!

This was all done in parts of McKinney & Dallas. Her mother had died just a few 
months before she got to put this together.

Rhema Marvanne - 'Amazing Grace' REVISED 6/11 from Black Olive Media.com on Vimeo.

"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
Re: * Videos
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
Beautiful Minds: Stephen Wiltshire

"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
BEST POOL SHOT EVER BY A NAKED WHITE CHICK

Offline Mel Gibstein

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 12:23:43 PM »
/<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRTS-Zsd6ZM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot; type=&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gRTS-Zsd6ZM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot; type=&quot;</a>

Only watched up to the part about the golem. Knew it was coming. Its the Jews- aliens- the dark side- satans kids.

This is how Jordan Maxwell gets out of paying the check.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »
Wunderland in 4 Minutes

Thank you so much, Graybeard! 

Hamburg, my home town ~ Germany the land of concepts! 

Many visitors show up early in the morning and leave in the very last minute, only to come back next morning. Miniatur Wunderland cannot be explored in a couple of minutes. Therefore, it is virtually impossible to show you Wunderland in a 4 minute movie, but we can at least give your some impressions: The Wunderland in 4 minutes

The Wunderland in Numbers

The Wunderland is hard to describe in words. There are only so many times you can say 'big!', 'amazing!', 'detailed!', etc. So, here you can find a brief chart with Miniatur Wunderland related facts that aren't only interesting to die hard model builders.

General Wunderland Facts ~  http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/exhibit/wunderland/wunderland-facts/

Offline graybeard

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:37:27 PM »
Wunderland in 4 Minutes

You're quite welcome, niedlichCanadianKuken.  My pleasure.   ;D

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 06:47:33 PM »
You're quite welcome, niedlichCanadianKuken.  My pleasure.   ;D

LOL .... thank you kindly, but now I am a mature Kücken!    :D 

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »

There are only so many times you can say 'big!', 'amazing!', 'detailed!', etc.

How about 'awesome'!

Would the real economy be as busy as is modeled in Wunderland. I suppose that in the end it could serve as a three dimensional archive model of what life used to be.  :(
Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
How about 'awesome'!

Would the real economy be as busy as is modeled in Wunderland. I suppose that in the end it could serve as a three dimensional archive model of what life used to be.  :(

Awesome ~ absolutely! Great minds think alike, I did not want to copy GB's introduction,
as written in the email, but here are his words:

This is amazing and awesome, you need to see the video to get the full impact.  :)

Indeed, we sure know that it was possible... By the way, two German Brothers have put
this TRAIN SET together.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
Wunderland in 4 Minutes

The Wunderland is hard to describe in words. There are only so many times you can say 'big!', 'amazing!', 'detailed!', etc. So, here you can find a brief chart with Miniatur Wunderland related facts that aren't only interesting to die hard model builders.

I visited Nurnberg once on a freezing winter day & warmed up for a while in a very impressive model train store that was packed with customers.  Later learned that Nurnberg is famous for it's "toy" industry esp with their annual trade show.  An LF poster was a big model-train buff & posted about http://www.northlandz.com/ in NJ USA which claims to be the world's biggest model railway.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »
I visited Nurnberg once on a freezing winter day & warmed up for a while in a very impressive model train store that was packed with customers.  Later learned that Nurnberg is famous for it's "toy" industry esp with their annual trade show.  An LF poster was a big model-train buff & posted about http://www.northlandz.com/ in NJ USA which claims to be the world's biggest model railway.

Very impressive too!

Also famous fro Christmas baking....

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »
I visited Nurnberg once on a freezing winter day & warmed up for a while in a very impressive model train store that was packed with customers.  Later learned that Nurnberg is famous for it's "toy" industry esp with their annual trade show.  An LF poster was a big model-train buff & posted about http://www.northlandz.com/ in NJ USA which claims to be the world's biggest model railway.

Don't forget the infamous Nuremberg ''Trials''.  :'(

Offline AngelOfLight

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »
........................................ ;)
Judge me if you're with out sin!

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 03:09:57 PM »

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 08:29:06 PM »
Don't forget the infamous Nuremberg ''Trials''.  :'(

Hmm, I was so impressed by the old fortifications & buildings that I completely forgot about that.  But OTOH it's amazing how the combination of Allied carpet bombing & Zio-erasure of Nazi historical sites have whitewashed things over there.  On my first trip I was hoping to see some relics but hardly saw anything.  There's a Rhine castle I saw with a statue honoring the fallen troops...other than that I didn't see much relating to Nazi history.  Saw Tempelhof airport which was interesting but virtually deserted.  One thing I noted about Berlin was the huge British Embassy where the whole city block was cordoned off & guarded.  Wow, I thought EVERYONE loved them!  Reminded me of the World Bank's Pentagon-level security.  In Virginia there are Civil War sites & road signs everywhere, somehow we can appreciate the history w/o being accused of restarting the war.

Offline Rudi Jan

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • aka LoneWolf
    • View Profile
    • FauxWorld
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:14 PM »

Wow, I thought EVERYONE loved them!

Perfidious Albion don't you know...

Suspend all belief. Get the facts ~ Rudi
No one rules if no one obeys ~ Lao Tzu

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 10:02:15 PM »

When you visit the smaller towns EB, you can still find some lovely old buildings. I saw the big Canadian Embassy when it was still under construction a few years back. That was my only visit to Berlin, and of course we walked the Kurfürstendamm. The H.C. museum is Berlins biggest pissoir. 

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »
When you visit the smaller towns EB, you can still find some lovely old buildings. I saw the big Canadian Embassy when it was still under construction a few years back. That was my only visit to Berlin, and of course we walked the Kurfürstendamm. The H.C. museum is Berlins biggest pissoir.  

Oh yes, the small towns are gorgeous & most cities are pretty nice too.  They say Berlin has lots of green space & lakes, but the central core I saw was pretty bureaucratic & ugly (with ubiquitous grafittii) although the city is "efficient".  Drove by the Brandenburg Gate & the museum grounds, I think the most striking thing was the sheer amount of space the outdoor display required.  Only went to Berlin to see the famous Sechstagerennen bike race which was awesome.  The bike race is almost an excuse for a mid-winter party...much socializing by the spectators.  Hitler banned the "Six Days" races (undoubtedly a strategic mistake).  Folks rightly associate Germany with great cars & the autobahns but few in America know that Germans are dedicated cyclists that ride to work & shops even in the bitter cold.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:19:15 PM »
Hitler banned the "Six Days" races (undoubtedly a strategic mistake).  Folks rightly associate Germany with great cars & the autobahns but few in America know that Germans are dedicated cyclists that ride to work & shops even in the bitter cold.

I did not know that Adolf banned them. I wonder why?

I used to watch some of the bicycle races in Hamburg as a kid, close to the area where I lived. That was a really big deal even then - and free. The pavement was as smooth as it could be, we also used it for roller skating. Nothing as fancy as the photo above.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
I did not know that Adolf banned them. I wonder why?

I used to watch some of the bicycle races in Hamburg as a kid, close to the area where I lived. That was a really big deal even then - and free. The pavement was as smooth as it could be, we also used it for roller skating. Nothing as fancy as the photo above.

Hitler banned Six-Day Races, not all racing.  The Six-Day races were apparently associated with Jewish promoters & American "jazz culture" since they became very popular in 20's USA & Weimar Germany.  The NYC race at Madison Square Garden was so popular Europeans adopted the term "Madison" for that style racing.  Also the races used to be a rather brutal spectacle where riders actually rode, nearly non-stop for 6 days, although after 1900 there were laws limiting the # of hours/day of racing.  So I'm not sure of the exact reason for the ban but I'm guessing that the events were considered more of a spectacle than a true sport.

Anyway, the Six-Days are run on indoor velodromes during the winter.  Guess who's the world #1 builder of bike racing tracks?  Yup, the German Schuermann family who designed nearly all the top velodromes.  Interesting you note Hamburg's smooth roads...Wash DC (proper) has such bad roads that a fat-tired "mountain bike" is necessary for reasonable comfort--even autos suffer $millions/annual suspension damage from those roads.  & NYC? worse potholes than anywhere; last time I drove thru Manhattan I was doing a slalom to avoid them--kinda funny I thought because the office buildings lining the streets contained all the big financial firms who could have payed to fix the streets out of their pocket change.

Of course the Nazis weren't anti-bike.  I have a book "Nazi Regalia" which includes a picture of an SA bike-mounted contingent during a big parade.  Here's a pic of some HJ on tour to Berlin 1932  (note they all have lights, Germany is still one of the few countries that strictly mandates lights for night-time cycling):