Author Topic: Remembering the US Sailors Killed on the USS Liberty: Sunk June 8 1967  (Read 6085 times)

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Perhaps you better look at what you respond to better.  Read what he said.

I did read what McGonagle said. His inquiry testimony is crystal clear.

http://www.ussliberty.com/nci.txt

[...

I realized that there was a
possibility of the aircraft having been Israeli and the
attack had been conducted in error.
I wanted to hold fire to
see if we could read the signal from the torpedo boat and
perhaps avoid additional damage and personnel injuries. The
man on machine gun 51 fired a short burst at the boats
before he was able to understand what I was attempting to
have him do.  Instantly, on machine gun 51 opening fire
machine gun 53 began firing at the center boat.  From the
starboard wing of the bridge, 03 level, I observed that the
fire from machine gun 53 was extremely effective and
blanketed the area and the center torpedo boat.
 It was not
possible to get to mount 53 from the starboard wing of the
bridge.  I sent Mr. LUCAS around the port side of the
bridge, around to the skylights, to see if he could tell
QUINTERO, whom I believed to be the gunner on Machine gun
53, to hold fire until we were able to clarify the
situation.  He reported back in a few minutes in effect that
he saw no one at mount 53.  As far as the torpedo boats are
concerned, I am sure that they felt that they

[39]

were under fire from USS LIBERTY.
 At this time, they opened
fire with their gun mounts and in a matter of seconds, one
torpedo was noted crossing astern of the ship at about 25
yards.

Basically, they couldn't readily man the guns because of the attacks, death, and heat from the fires.  It is right there.

Uhm... read the above. Either a man pulled the trigger on those guns, or they were cooking off by themselves. Either way, the Israeli gun boats were effectively being taken under fire... according to McGonagle.

As for testimony under duress...

What testimony "under duress"?

You seem to keep hopping from foot to the other. Earlier, when I asked you if McGonagle had lied, you said, "Of course not". Now your speaking as though his testimony was falsely given.

Well... which is it? And where is your proof that McGonagle was speaking "under duress".... that he was testifying other than the truth (as ordered, or whatever)?

How about making up your mind, huh?
I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Here are the facts:

Survivors have been forbidden for 40 years to tell their story under oath to the American public. The USS Liberty Memorial web site tells their story and is dedicated to the memory of the 34 brave men who died.

The Cover Up

Despite a near-universal consensus that the Israeli attack was made with full knowledge that USS Liberty was a US Navy ship, the Johnson administration began an immediate cover-up of this fact. Though administration officers continued individually to characterize the attack as deliberate, the Johnson administration never sought the prosecution of the guilty parties or otherwise attempted to seek justice for the victims. They concealed and altered evidence in their effort to downplay the attack.

http://www.gtr5.com/

People are just learning that the Court of Inquiry was falsified. The Court's own legal counsel, Captain Ward Boston, now says publicly in Navy Times and elsewhere that the court actually believed that the attack was deliberate but reported otherwise falsely because it was so ordered by Washington.

http://www.ussliberty.org/history405.htm

It has been disclosed that the Inquiry during this time of secrecy was falsified... as part of the cover up.  As Cpt Boston said, you are given an order and you follow it.

In 1998, Cpt McGonagle's letter to Clinton has even contrasted with what was in the cover-up Inquiry... that you continue to cling to and propagate.

The silence is broken.

Now you can continue to shill for debunked Ahron Cristol Israel apologist and his liberty incident website all you want.   

Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they will.
Pythagoras (BC 582-BC 507) Greek philosopher

Offline TheFetch

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
I did read what McGonagle said. His inquiry testimony is crystal clear.

http://www.ussliberty.com/nci.txt

[...

I realized that there was a
possibility of the aircraft having been Israeli and the
attack had been conducted in error.
I wanted to hold fire to
see if we could read the signal from the torpedo boat and
perhaps avoid additional damage and personnel injuries. The
man on machine gun 51 fired a short burst at the boats
before he was able to understand what I was attempting to
have him do.  Instantly, on machine gun 51 opening fire
machine gun 53 began firing at the center boat.  From the
starboard wing of the bridge, 03 level, I observed that the
fire from machine gun 53 was extremely effective and
blanketed the area and the center torpedo boat.
 It was not
possible to get to mount 53 from the starboard wing of the
bridge.  I sent Mr. LUCAS around the port side of the
bridge, around to the skylights, to see if he could tell
QUINTERO, whom I believed to be the gunner on Machine gun
53, to hold fire until we were able to clarify the
situation.  He reported back in a few minutes in effect that
he saw no one at mount 53.  As far as the torpedo boats are
concerned, I am sure that they felt that they

[39]

were under fire from USS LIBERTY.
 At this time, they opened
fire with their gun mounts and in a matter of seconds, one
torpedo was noted crossing astern of the ship at about 25
yards.

Uhm... read the above. Either a man pulled the trigger on those guns, or they were cooking off by themselves. Either way, the Israeli gun boats were effectively being taken under fire... according to McGonagle.

What testimony "under duress"?

You seem to keep hopping from foot to the other. Earlier, when I asked you if McGonagle had lied, you said, "Of course not". Now your speaking as though his testimony was falsely given.

Well... which is it? And where is your proof that McGonagle was speaking "under duress".... that he was testifying other than the truth (as ordered, or whatever)?

How about making up your mind, huh?

Having read all that - it is clear that you are totally insane and delusional - or just a pathetic shilling idiot.

The latter is of course the more accurate.

Who gave you that crap to type up? Another Jew talking point?

You have got to be one of the DUMBEST AND INEPT MORONS in the Jew shill business going.

You make ALL JEWS OUT TO BE TOTAL EVIL TRAITORS...

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Here are the facts:

Survivors have been forbidden for 40 years to tell their story under oath to the American public.

Forbidden? By whom? Seems to me that people like Ennes have been allowed to write entire books on the subject. And, in spite of claims that crewmembers were ordered to remain silent, the press has been rife with tales from various sailors regarding the incident.

None have ever been prosecuted.

Johnson administration... concealed and altered evidence in their effort to downplay the attack.

What evidence did they alter or conceal?

People are just learning that the Court of Inquiry was falsified.

No they're not. Though it was the aim of the LVA to discredit the Inquiry testimony in its entirety (obviously aware that much of it flatly contradicts their wild, unsupported claims), the fact remains that McGonagle has never disputed official the record of his testimony as having been "falisfied".

It was a nice try... but no cigar.

The Court's own legal counsel, Captain Ward Boston, now says publicly in Navy Times and elsewhere that the court actually believed that the attack was deliberate but reported otherwise falsely because it was so ordered by Washington.

http://www.ussliberty.org/history405.htm

Ward Boston now says publically that he is a liar who betrayed his sacred duty to the American people. If the LVA really wanted to put their money where their mouth was, the very first thing that should have happened after that dottering old fool shakily scrawed an "x" on that toilet paper (that they they no doubt authored) was that he should have been immediately taken into custody. Arrested... put in jail, awaiting trial.

But alas... they want their cake and eat it, too. They were hoping that the Boston affidavit would blow the case wide open and a new investigation would be launched. What they neglected to tell Boston is that doing so would have necessitated his eventually being brought up on charges (if his story was to believed). He was, after all, a major figure in an unlawful cover-up involving the murder of American sailors. The claim, "I was just following orders!" wouldn't have cut it. And Boston would have probably died in a prison.

Now you can continue to shill for debunked Ahron Cristol Israel apologist and his liberty incident website all you want.

On the contrary, I'm standing for the crew of the ship.

And I will not allow your hateful lies to remain unchallenged.
I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline The_Skunk

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
The Israeli jets were unmarked - it was a pre-planned deliberate attack

They thought they took out the 8 antennas (1 was reconnected)

When the three torpedo boats attacked - a USS Liberty 50 cal fired and in a panic the Israelis almost collided, dumping their torpedoes, allowing 5 out of 6 to miss.

It was a standard False Flag, Johnson was involved (pre or post), but the intention was to get the US to nuke Cairo.

Offline TheFetch

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

On the contrary, I'm standing for the crew of the ship.

And I will not allow your hateful lies to remain unchallenged.

lol..more Jewish bullshit grandstanding.  You really are a TOTAL LOW LIFE LOSER.  Can you provide me the names and contact information of those crewmembers who support your bullshit lies?

Gawd you are an arrogant Jewish centric stupid idiot.

Do you take yourself seriously or do you actually think we take you seriously other than a punching bag to practice dealing with morons and liars?

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Blaming Israel, or jews in general, for the USS Liberty attack is unfair. They seem to be a convenient scapegoat for the King David Bombing, the Lavon affair, the Madrid train bombing, the London bus  bombings, 242 dead marines in 1983 beirut, and countless other so called 'False Flags'.

Yesterday was the anniversary of Normandy and the TV was flooded with war hero stories, and quite of few were Jewish. Dis you know that jews were 5.2% of soldiers in WW2?

Oh man...You a cynical MF!  :-*

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Jews are to recieve a total of 168 Medals of Honor by a new legislative act "Jewish War veteran's bill"

It's about time

Did you know that one jew killed 600 Japs single handed?

Single handed!!!....No shit!!...What was Rubitsky's first name: Sampson?