Author Topic: Remembering the US Sailors Killed on the USS Liberty: Sunk June 8 1967  (Read 6046 times)

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Let's take a minute today, the 42nd anniversary of the sinking of the USS Liberty, to remember the US sailors killed in the attack, understand who did it and why, and resolve, as a nation, never to let such an act of war/murder ever go unpunished again...

LIBERTY ATTACK PART OF GRAND SCHEME

Newly Uncovered Evidence Indicates Assault May Have Been Pre-Planned 'Useful Disaster'

By Mark Glenn (Story originally published 2007)

This June 8, 2009, marks the 40-year anniversary of Israel's bloody attack on the USS Liberty, a lightly armed U.S. Navy ship sailing off the coast of Egypt at the time.

Over the years, there have been numerous reports indicating that the unprovoked assault caught the White House and the military by surprise.

New information, however, reveals that officials in various agencies in the U.S. government played a key role in setting up the Liberty for the purpose of drawing the Soviet Union into a fight in the Middle East and ultimately igniting World War III.

For those who follow the intrigues and explosive events surrounding the relationship between America and Israel over the last four decades it is easy to get into a rut so to speak and blame every single catastrophic event solely on the treachery of Israel. The tragedy though (and certainly the hardest part to swallow by patriotic Americans who would sooner take their own lives than betray their fellow countrymen) is that there have been and are players on the American side of the equation whose hands are just as dirty as those of their Israeli counterparts.

Whether it was the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, the assassination of JFK, the bombing of the twin towers in 1993, the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in 1995 or the events taking place on 9-11, the only way these could have taken place is if elements within the U.S. government cooperated with the planning, execution and subsequent dissemination of propaganda in the aftermath of these operations.

Now, a new and terrible tale has surfaced indicating yet again that elements of the U.S. government were involved at the highest level in even more criminal acts against the very same American people whom it is charged with protecting. The case in question involves the June 8, 1967, attack on the USS Liberty by the air and naval forces of the state of Israel during the height of the Arab-Israeli war that led to the deaths of 34 American servicemen.

Long believed that players within the Johnson administration simply assisted in the cover-up of the attack so as not to embarrass America's greatest ally, Israel, it now it appears that American political, intelligence and military persons played a key role in setting up the Liberty for the purpose of igniting WW III in what was code-named 'Operation Cyanide.

It was a heady time, to be sure. The United States and the Soviet Union were neck-deep in the Cold War, and by all appearances it seemed that a shooting match between the two superpowers was inevitable.

The incident in question took place only a few short years after the Cuban Missile Crisis and at a time when America seemed unable to stop the spread of communism in Asia and other parts of the world.

In the Middle East, states such as Egypt, with dynamic, fiery and recalcitrant leaders such as President Gamal Abdel Nasser, were forming strong bonds with the Soviets for military and economic aid. Using the same rationale that led to America inserting itself militarily into Korea and Vietnam, it was believed that, if not stopped, the Soviets would entrench themselves in the Middle East to the point that America's access to the oil of that region would be directly jeopardized and that, just as the communists had predicted decades before, the West would be conquered without a shot being fired.

It has long been assumed that Israel's deliberate attack on the USS Liberty was just another of Israel's made-to-order false flag operations done simply for the purpose of dragging an unwilling America into a Middle East war on the side of the Jewish state. However, new information uncovered by former BBC investigative journalist Peter Hounam reveals that the U.S. government and more specifically the administration of Lyndon Johnson was not as much the unsuspecting victim in all of this that Israel has claimed these last 40 years.

Based on relatively new evidence, the attack on the Liberty was actually part of a much larger plan. The Liberty incident was just one domino in a series that had as the ultimate goal a real live shooting war between the United States and the Soviets. Had the Liberty been sunk with no witnesses as planned, the world would be a much different place as a result and certainly not for the better.

The plan for that awful day in American history was to sink the defenseless, unarmed American ship sailing in international waters off the coast of Egypt. The Soviets and their Arab allies (in particular Egypt) would then be blamed for the event.

As with the sinking of the USS Maine nearly 70 years earlier, the cry would be Remember the USS Liberty and America's justifiable response to such a horrendous act would be the launching of nuclear weapons against Egypt, an ally of the Soviet Union. Working in tandem with the United States would be allies such as Israel, Great Britain and, interestingly, Australia.

The end result would be a Middle East free of any Soviet presence, leaving America and her ally Israel in possession of Arab oil for the foreseeable future and in a better position to dictate terms to the communists. In the minds of powerful men such as these�men who sit in comfortable offices and expensive chairs and who do not have to answer to anyone for their actions, the rationale for such an act was simple: It is better for 300 U.S. sailors to die in the service of their country than have the free world fall into the clutches of Soviet communism.

What prevented all of this from taking place was that'simply by the grace of God' the Liberty did not sink, and the world was spared. Of course, there is no official confirmation of Operation Cyanide. In fact there is no mention of it at all. In various interviews that have been conducted over the years, individuals from Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara to Dean Rusk to Richard Helms to Mossad spy chief Rafael Eitan have demonstrated great intellectual and verbal dexterity for men their age when discussing various items. However, they clam up instantaneously when Operation Cyanide is mentioned as if they were witnesses to an organized crime hit and they feared for their lives.

However, the smaller players involved at the time have a different tale to tell. Piecing together all the small parts that they individually bring to the table fleshes out a picture that, although not crystal clear, is clear enough to suggest that America was involved in the murder of 34 young men on that day in a much deeper fashion than previously thought.

For the sake of those men who died then, and for those who survived the attack and who have endured the assault of lies that has been waged against them these last 40 years, the truth concerning what took place must be told.

In the opinion of many, exposure of the Liberty incident may very well hold the key to freeing America from the bondage it suffers under men such as those who have murdered not only American citizens, but our traditional political system as well.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/liberty_attack_scheme.html
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:22:57 PM by FrankDialogue »

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
Mmmm.... Frank; I think I beat you to it:

"Truth: An ingenious compound of desirability of appearance."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
It was written by Mark Glenn...He isn't a Zionist apologist, not in the least...There were many possible reasons for the Israeli attack, the most likely being that the Israelis feared that the USS Liberty might 'eavesdrop' on Israeli tactical movements to take the Golan Heights from Syria.

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Also, there WERE American Navy personnel who collaborated...Most likely moles in the communications chain...Many messages sent to the Liberty were either delayed or 'rerouted' in a suspicious manner.

Offline The_Skunk

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
Blaming Israel, or jews in general, for the USS Liberty attack is unfair. They seem to be a convenient scapegoat for the King David Bombing, the Lavon affair, the Madrid train bombing, the London bus  bombings, 242 dead marines in 1983 beirut, and countless other so called 'False Flags'.

Yesterday was the anniversary of Normandy and the TV was flooded with war hero stories, and quite of few were Jewish. Dis you know that jews were 5.2% of soldiers in WW2?

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
It was written by Mark Glenn...He isn't a Zionist apologist, not in the least.

Thanks for the info on Glenn; I am not familiar with him, or his articles.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
Yesterday was the anniversary of Normandy and the TV was flooded with war hero stories, and quite of few were Jewish. Dis you know that jews were 5.2% of soldiers in WW2?

Good information, Professor.

This info, if taken to its logical conclusion, and properly extrapolated, is proof that the 5.2% you speak of single handedly won the war for the Allied Powers.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline The_Skunk

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
Jews are to recieve a total of 168 Medals of Honor by a new legislative act "Jewish War veteran's bill"

It's about time

Did you know that one jew killed 600 Japs single handed?

http://judicial-inc.biz/RRubitsky.htm

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
Did you know that one jew killed 600 Japs single handed?

Yes, that is one of the articles I read over at Judicial a while ago, but surely the figure is an exaggeration. I heard elsewhere that the true figure was closer to 587.

Oh well, Professor, it was a noteworthy feat, even with the reduced number.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
The plan for that awful day in American history was to sink the defenseless, unarmed American ship sailing in international waters off the coast of Egypt. The Soviets and their Arab allies (in particular Egypt) would then be blamed for the event.

[...]

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/liberty_attack_scheme.html[/center]

It seems unlikely that anyone else besides the Israelis could have been blamed for the attacks. For one thing, it was known that the Egyptian Air Force had been decimated at that point in the war. And there were no reports (as far as I've ever seen) that there were planes in the immediate area of any national origin other than Israeli.

Also, it is erroneous that the Liberty was "defenseless" or  "unarmed". In fact, the ship was armed with heavy-caliber machine gun mounts, at least one of which fired on the Israeli torpedo boats as they approached the ship flashing signals. These boats were clearly-marked with hull numbers and the flag of the Israeli Navy.

This according to the testimony of the Liberty's crew.
I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
Also, it is erroneous that the Liberty was "defenseless" or  "unarmed". In fact, the ship was armed with heavy-caliber machine gun mounts,

Yepsiree, the perfect defense against torpedoes.

Give it up, jelly; the only person you are convincing is yourself, and I think that even that is wearing rather thin.

Lest I forget:

Quote from: gelignite on Yesterday at 09:46:33 PM
If I remember correctly, that's because I wadded you up into a ball, stuck you on the end of a stick, and proceeded to mop the floor with you... up and down the forum.

I guess you could say this wasn't a "satisfactory" result for you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am still waiting for proof of the assertions you have made in this post.

As you are unable to back up your comments, as usual, it is evident you do not 'remember correctly', or, more likely, are lying, as you generally do.
===========================================================

gelignite (noun)

Meaning: A lying liar that lies.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile

I'm demonstrating it right now, Amon.
I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline amonvanroark

• Brigadier
    • View Profile

Waiting...wondering...what does he mean...

Oh, now I remember:

Quote from: gelignite on Yesterday at 09:46:33 PM
If I remember correctly, that's because I wadded you up into a ball, stuck you on the end of a stick, and proceeded to mop the floor with you... up and down the forum.

I guess you could say this wasn't a "satisfactory" result for you.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you are unable to back up your comments, as usual, it is evident you do not 'remember correctly', or, more likely, are lying, as you generally do.
===========================================================

gelignite (noun)

Meaning: A lying liar that lies.
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline clayman

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Busy again, I see ...

Offline TheFetch

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile

You are demonstrating that you are a lying liar that lies.  Heh....what a total buffoon you always make yourself out to be.  How do you Jews see yourself as being so special when it is so clear that you are essentially a culture of sadistic lying morons?

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Also, it is erroneous that the Liberty was "defenseless" or  "unarmed". In fact, the ship was armed with heavy-caliber machine gun mounts, at least one of which fired on the Israeli torpedo boats as they approached the ship flashing signals. These boats were clearly-marked with hull numbers and the flag of the Israeli Navy.

Well, according to Cpt McGonagle in 1998, in an open letter to President Clinton, they were defenseless.  It appears the cowardly Israelis like to sucker punch... sneak attacked which rendered the USS Liberty unable to really defend herself.  She was an "Auxiliary Technical Research" ship (AGTR) lightly armed and certainly not a battle ship.

The aircraft were unmarked.  Whether or not the torpedo/patrol boats were really clearly marked or not doesn't change the fact that Israel deliberately attacked the USS Liberty.

CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR SOCIETY
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
CHARTERED BY THE CONGRESS

FROM THE DESK OF:
CAPTAIN WILLIAM L. McGONAGLE, USN (RET.)
MEMBER, CMOH SOCIETY

October 24, 1998

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT CLINTON

Re: Jonathan POLLARD

excerpts of letter:

Please DO NOT release Jonathan POLLARD to the Government of Israel until and unless the Government of Israel acknowledges, in writing and publicly, that the Government of Israel's armed forces (air and naval) deliberately attacked USS LIBERTY (AGTR-5) (A Technical Research Ship) on June 8, 1967.

When the attack began about 2:00 p.m. (local time) the ship was subjected to relentless and repeated murderous fire from the attacking aircraft (which were unmarked - a violation of international law). The gun crews of the two (2) bow .50 cal. machine guns were killed during the initial strike on the ship. We could not man the starboard bridge level .50 cal. machine gun, because our life boat was burning (1) deck below and the heat did not allow anyone to approach the gun. We could not man the port bridge level .50 cal. machine gun, because two (2) 55 gallon gasoline drums were burning furiously one (1) deck below. Again the heat of the flames prevented anyone from approaching the gun. WE WERE DEFENSELESS against the onslaught of eight 8 or more firing passes by at least four (4) aircraft, and the strafing and launching of five (5) torpedoes by three (3) motor torpedo boats. That a larger number of casualties was not reported is a tribute to the fighting spirit of the officers, crew, civilians, and Marines, when they had nothing to defend themselves with, during our awesome hours of peril.

This is the only US Navy ship attacked by a foreign nation, involving a large loss of life and so many personnel injured that has never been accorded a full Congressional hearing.
 - Captain, William L. McGonagle 1998 to President Clinton

http://www.ussliberty.org/mcg2prez.htm

This according to the testimony of the Liberty's crew.

The testimony during the falsified Inquiry or the Liberty Crew that you have been on a relentless campaign to undermine and discredit as per Ahron Cristol Israel apologist.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:30:22 AM by E_T »
Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they will.
Pythagoras (BC 582-BC 507) Greek philosopher

Offline WindRiverShoshoni

• Group Major
    • View Profile
There are several reasons to regard this "conspiracy between Israel and Johnson" theory as just another attempt to obscure the reality.

First, Israel notified Johnson in advance that were the U.S.S. Liberty not removed from the al-Arish area, they would sink it.  Responding to this threat, orders were sent to the ship to move ~ they never arrived.  This conspiracy theory would require deliberate interference in the transmission of those orders, which would broaden the conspiracy far beyond what is alleged, but this is not the main point here:

No such threat would have been sent, to link Israel to the attack.

No surveillance overflights would have been needed.

The planes would not have been flying with Israeli livery.

Enough firepower would have been included in the first wave of attacks to be certain that the mission would succeed in sinking the ship ~ it would have to be done quickly.

Israel's "cover story" would have been "friendly fire accident," not "mistaken identity."  This would have been much more palatable, since it would be credible; instead, the "cover story" lacked any credibility whatsoever.

It doesn't wash.

This was a deliberate, calculated "slap in the face" to Johnson.  His reactions to the attack were the only way he could have reacted, the Israelis left him no other options than to "certify" the "mistaken identity" story by betraying his entire chain of command and ordering falsification of all investigative narratives and suppression, with threats of imprisonment, of all testimony showing that the attack was deliberate.

"The Devil made me do it" won't fly.

It's too dark here.

Offline WindRiverShoshoni

• Group Major
    • View Profile
There were many possible reasons for the Israeli attack, the most likely being that the Israelis feared that the USS Liberty might 'eavesdrop' on Israeli tactical movements to take the Golan Heights from Syria.

Johnson had USAF reconnaissance planes in the desert and knew the Israeli plans for the Golan Heights, which were in progress when the ship was attacked.  The Israelis needed the aerial reconnaissance to know when they could redirect their forces north, and as they sent those forces north, Johnson knew about it.
It's too dark here.

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Well, according to Cpt McGonagle in 1998, in an open letter to President Clinton, they were defenseless.

Then McGonagle must have been speaking in some sort of comparative or figurative sense, because the Libertry most-certainly was not "defenseless". She had large caliber gun mounts which, according to McGonagle's own testimony, took the Israeli boats under fire as they were attempting to signal the ship.

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline E_T

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Then McGonagle must have been speaking in some sort of comparative or figurative sense, because the Libertry most-certainly was not "defenseless". She had large caliber gun mounts which, according to McGonagle's own testimony, took the Israeli boats under fire as they were attempting to signal the ship.

Perhaps you better look at what you respond to better.  Read what he said.  Basically, they couldn't readily man the guns because of the attacks, death, and heat from the fires.  It is right there.

As for testimony under duress (because it was so ordered by Washington.
http://www.ussliberty.org/history405.htm)... and falsified.  Not credible. 
Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they will.
Pythagoras (BC 582-BC 507) Greek philosopher