Author Topic: Illegal Israeli Settlers Call on Netanyahu to Reject 'Two State Solution'  (Read 4973 times)

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
The artist had obviously read Sarte and is playing with S's existentialist theme of no escape.

Excellent!...Connecting 'visual art' with the thoughts of a great writer....Drawing parallels, and showing the synchronicity of different world views...Creating a 'new paradigm' !...I think you could contribute something of value to our 'Shoah' collection...Please contact a Mr. Frank Dialogue about details of your employment...He is currently vacationing in Haifa, but he will be back shortly.

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

Painting by Amadeo Modigliani

'Szyk Haggadah' by Arthur Szyk

Modigliani & Szyk

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
The Scream painting sells for record $120 million

Applause and cheering as Edvard Munch's work eclipses Picasso's Nude

Reuters May 3, 2012 9:07 AM ~ source

An employee stands next to “The Scream” painted by Edvard Munch at a Sotheby’s auction in New York
May 2, 2012.  The painting, which dates from 1895, is one of four versions of the composition, and sold
for a record $120 mill at the auction on Wednesday, far exceeding pre-sales estimates of about $80 mill

The vibrant piece from 1895, the most famous art work in the world still remaining in private hands, went under the hammer at Sotheby’s Impressionist and modern art auction, where clients and press packed the salesroom for the much-anticipated sale.

Bidding started at around $50 million for the work, one of four versions by the Scandinavian painter being sold by Norwegian businessman Petter Olsen, and elapsed over about 15 minutes until an unnamed bidder by telephone gave the final offer of $119,922,500, including commission. The sales room at Sotheby’s erupted in applause and cheering.

The previous record for the most expensive work of art sold at auction had been held by Picasso’s Nude, green leaves and bust, which went for $106.5 million at Christie’s two years ago.

In recent decades The Scream, a picture of a person with hands pressed to head against a backdrop of swirling vibrant colors, has become a ubiquitous image appropriated for everything from coffee mugs to editorial cartoons. It is second in worldly fame to only the Mona Lisa.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Munch rather flat & one dimensional for my taste...Perhaps due to his 'religious father' ;D...In any case I prefer Van Goth and the Impressionists, and my music has more in common with them.

Still, I am amazed at the prices that works of dead artists fetch.

Van Gogh died in penury complicated by mental difficulties.

Many major artists earn more dead than alive.

It is true that many an artist must suffer.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
Munch rather flat & one dimensional for my taste...Perhaps due to his 'religious father' ;D...In any case I prefer Van Goth and the Impressionists, and my music has more in common with them.

Still, I am amazed at the prices that works of dead artists fetch.

Van Gogh died in penury complicated by mental difficulties.

Many major artists earn more dead than alive.

It is true that many an artist must suffer.

Not my taste at all, I consider this as being ''Kitsch''.

Kitsch is most commonly used to describe art that's considered overly sentimental, pretentious, or banal. It's used to dismiss such art as being in bad taste, of poor quality, or simply for having too much mass appeal. As seems to be the case here, judging by the obscene price...

Just my humble opinion.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline EyeBelieve

• General of the Army
    • View Profile
The Scream painting sells for record $120 million

Applause and cheering as Edvard Munch's work eclipses Picasso's Nude

Another sign that oligarchs have given up on productive investment in our hyper-inflationary climate.  Heard the "Scream" news; looking at the painting's photo is laughable, looks like a crayon drawing by a talented 12-yr old.

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
  • Order of Miseratio Solvo Templum
    • View Profile

I sense triangulation, yes this could be hitlers gas  chambers...it could also be surrendering illegal land grabs to the palestinians, or a 2 state solution in israel.

Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Offline pope daniel

• Group Major
  • Order of Miseratio Solvo Templum
    • View Profile

'Szyk Haggadah' by Arthur Szyk

now here is an interesting one, we see the serpent (a great red dragon), coiled into an attack position and whispering to the jew, "sodomize the boy".
Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Offline BlackVeil

• Group Captain
    • View Profile
I also reject a 'two state solution.' They should have a free election in all of Palestine to determine the leadership.

Creating a phony j-w backed govt. to rule the Palestinians is a step back for the Palestinians.

Totally correct.

Offline jacob gold

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile

Very moving picture

Offline FrankDialogue

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
now here is an interesting one, we see the serpent (a great red dragon), coiled into an attack position and whispering to the jew, "sodomize the boy".
I posted this painting to illustrate that there are some tehnically excellent Jewish artists...I contrasted Szyk's work with a selection of rather 'lesser' holocaust work.

HOWEVER, as you note, the symbolism is quite disturbing and very 'oriental'.

Hagadah is the Jewish 'liturgy' for Passover.