Author Topic: 'We could hear their bodies burning'  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
Re: 'We could hear their bodies burning'
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 08:22:16 PM »
If they're not on your computer ya can't share 'em right?

That's true... :-)) I was on lime-wire and copied some music a couple of years ago. I must have 'picked' up a virus, it cost me almost $300.00 to get my computer cleaned off and working again.

Of course I cannot prove that it came from that site. I have not gone there since.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline Jan Robertson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • AKA Mystica. All things are connected
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »

Incidently, this picture came from here: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/wp.htm

More info. and pictures 

WOW! thanks Sushi awesome info in that site.

For the information of anyone interested, HC smoke mentioned there, here's another awesome site for info about military ops  http://www.exercisevacuum.com/hc_smoke.htm Explore the entire site there's documentation of use on animals as well as Canadian soldiers. 

Also Vesticulation means blistering ... I know first hand what this is as I was badly burned when a car radiator burst and I suffered 3rd degree (full depth) burns to both breasts and almost lost my right nipple. I was receiving treatment for 3 months but the pain associated with scald burns would be nothing compared to WP burns ... I literally tremble and want to cry when I'm reminded of the pain of burns. The little children who were burned in Gaza (and possibly in Iraq) makes my heart ache.

hepatotoxin. is a toxic chemical substance which damages the liver. Hepa (hepatic) = Liver. Therefore cancer in the future is very likely.

This little snippet is interesting ... The use of white phosphorus or fuel air explosives are not prohibited or restricted by Protocol III of the Certain Conventional Weapons Convention (CCWC), the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons which may be Deemed to be Excessively Injurious or to have Indiscriminate Effects, which regulates the use of "any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons . . ."

So the Israelis WERE operating outside of CCWC resolutions.

And this one:

Casualties from WP smoke have not occurred in combat operations. ... LIARS. and if they weren't inflicted in combat operations then they were observed in military experiments on soldiers and animals.

Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Offline jewbacca

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 07:27:53 AM »
the only instance i know of phosphorous being used in iraq was fallujah and that was done at night.
i could be wrong though.

Offline jewbacca

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »
lol i caught a nasty virus hanging out at the piratebay.
a blessing in disguise as it prompted me to ditch windows
for ubuntu, i really like it. here's a description of a private
tracker i was lucky enough to get invited into. tons of hard to
find foreign films plus lots of music and books and of course
no viruses. pm me an email if it sounds like your cup of tea.
they're up to almost 40k files now.
http://criticalculture.blogspot.com/2007/03/karagarga.html

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »
You're welcome. Yes, it's quite an interesting and informative site. I have saved the link.

Ouch, that burn must have hurt something awful. How long ago was that?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:28:15 AM by sushigirl »
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »
After the aweful burn Mystica was talking about, for a moment I thought you caught a 'real' virus.
Lol... I'm glad that was not the case. Ubunti? Never heard of it. What is different about it?

I looked at the blog, I have barely enough time now. I saved the link and might get back to you on
this.

Now I have to do dishes, hubby is out of town.

Offline wag

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
Attitude pulls you through those types of things.  Godspeed.
Nobody gets paid to tell the truth.

Offline Jan Robertson

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 05:49:49 AM »
Ouch, that burn must have hurt something awful. How long ago was that?

Long ago (1973), when I was working on the driveway of our service station in Balmain, Sydney. I still remember the pain vividly the memory doesn't disappear like the pain of childbirth ... there's no Joy at the end of a few hours hard work  ;)

When the water hit me I didn't feel anything, but my 'ex' grabbed me and ripped my top off and put his shirt over me and rushed me to the balmain hospital 3 minutes away ... by the time I got into outpatients the pain unbearable and my mind just focussed on it, and when the doctor removed Robs shirt the blisters were so huge they were hanging and filled with yellow body fluid ... they tried to stop them from bursting, as that keeps the burned area sterile but the skin just seemed to peel off anyway. But I was lucky and didn't get any infection.

The male nurse who used to do my daily dressings was an ex merchant marine and he would make a big thing of how hard it was to try and bandage 'boobs', I ended up looking like something Madonna would have been proud of  ;D
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Offline Jan Robertson

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 06:01:05 AM »
Attitude pulls you through those types of things.  Godspeed.

Yes it does and thank you for caring Wag, but like I said to Sushi it was a long time ago, only the memory keeps it fresh in my mind.

Attitude is what I hope get the children in Gaza through the pain, it is a long time before burn pain disipates and the memory never lets it go. I was lucky to have an attending nurse with a wicked sense of humour, as humour helps any situation.

I can't imagine anyone in Gaza still having a sense of humour however.

Offline jewbacca

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 07:13:39 AM »
it's a version of the linux operating system.
they've finally made it friendly enough for
the reasonably intelligent to use. you can download
it for free and burn it to a cd that will let you try
it out w/o making changes to your existing setup.
r.i.p. windoze. :D
http://www.ubuntu.com/

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 11:18:02 AM »

Long ago (1973), when I was working on the driveway of our service station in Balmain, Sydney. I still remember the pain vividly the memory doesn't disappear like the pain of childbirth ... there's no Joy at the end of a few hours hard work  ;)

I know about that kind of pain, I had two boys the natural way, but the moment you hold them in your arms, the pain is almost instantly forgotten. As teens, they sure were be a real pain at times.  ::)

Burns are excruciatingly painful. I cooked rhubarb in my pressure cooker and opened it too soon, the steam hit my neck, what made it worse, I was wearing a turtleneck sweater! Taking it off almost made me faint. All healed well, I so was lucky, I have no scars.

The male nurse who used to do my daily dressings was an ex merchant marine and he would make a big thing of how hard it was to try and bandage 'boobs', I ended up looking like something Madonna would have been proud of  ;D

That's too funny.... I am trying to visualize this.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »
it's a version of the linux operating system.
they've finally made it friendly enough for
the reasonably intelligent to use. you can download
it for free and burn it to a cd that will let you try
it out w/o making changes to your existing setup.
r.i.p. windoze. :D
http://www.ubuntu.com/

I'll check this out when my son comes - he is more technically inclined than I am...  thanks.
I see they have it for iMac -- he can play with it.