Author Topic: Message from USS LIBERTY Survivor to Israel  (Read 6799 times)

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
Re: Message from USS LIBERTY Survivor to Israel
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 09:22:32 AM »
DECLARATION OF WARD BOSTON, JR., CAPTAIN, JAGC, USN (RET.)

I, WARD BOSTON, JR. DO DECLARE THAT THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS TRUE AND COMPLETE:

1. FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, I HAVE REMAINED SILENT ON THE TOPIC OF USS LIBERTY. I AM A MILITARY MAN AND WHEN ORDERS COME IN FROM THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE AND PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, I FOLLOW THEM.

2. HOWEVER, RECENT ATTEMPTS TO REWRITE HISTORY COMPEL ME TO SHARE THE TRUTH.

3. IN JUNE OF 1967, WHILE SERVING AS A CAPTAIN IN THE Judge Advocate General Corps, Department of the Navy, I WAS ASSIGNED AS SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL FOR THE NAVY`S COURT OF INQUIRY INTO THE BRUTAL ATTACK ON USS LIBERTY, WHICH HAD OCCURRED ON JUNE 8TH.

4. THE LATE ADMIRAL ISAAC C. KIDD, PRESIDENT OF THE COURT, AND I WERE GIVEN ONLY ONE WEEK TO GATHER EVIDENCE FOR THE NAVY`S OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION INTO THE ATTACK, DESPITE THE FACT THAT WE BOTH HAD ESTIMATED THAT A PROPER COURT OF INQUIRY INTO AN ATTACK OF THIS MAGNITUDE WOULD TAKE AT LEAST SIX MONTHS TO CONDUCT.

5. ADMIRAL JOHN S. MCCAIN, JR., THEN COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, NAVAL FORCES EUROPE (CINCUSNAVEUR), AT HIS HEADQUARTERS IN LONDON, HAD CHARGED ADMIRAL KIDD (IN A LETTER DATED JUNE 10, 1967) TO `INQUIRE INTO ALL THE PERTINENT FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANCES LEADING TO AND CONNECTED WITH THE ARMED ATTACK; DAMAGE RESULTING THEREFROM; AND DEATHS OF AND INJURIES TO NAVAL PERSONNEL.`

6. DESPITE THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME WE WERE GIVEN, WE GATHERED A VAST AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE, INCLUDING HOURS OF HEARTBREAKING TESTIMONY FROM THE YOUNG SURVIVORS.

7. THE EVIDENCE WAS CLEAR. BOTH ADMIRAL KIDD AND I BELIEVED WITH CERTAINTY THAT THIS ATTACK, WHICH KILLED 34 AMERICAN SAILORS AND INJURED 172 OTHERS, WAS A DELIBERATE EFFORT TO SINK AN AMERICAN SHIP AND MURDER ITS ENTIRE CREW. EACH EVENING, AFTER HEARING TESTIMONY ALL DAY, WE OFTEN SPOKE OUR PRIVATE THOUGHTS CONCERNING WHAT WE HAD SEEN AND HEARD. I RECALL ADMIRAL KIDD REPEATEDLY REFERRING TO THE ISRAELI FORCES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTACK AS `MURDEROUS BASTARDS.` IT WAS OUR SHARED BELIEF, BASED ON THE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONY WE RECEIVED FIRST HAND, THAT THE ISRAELI ATTACK WAS PLANNED AND DELIBERATE, AND COULD NOT POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN AN ACCIDENT.

8. I AM CERTAIN THAT THE ISRAELI PILOTS THAT UNDERTOOK THE ATTACK, AS WELL AS THEIR SUPERIORS, WHO HAD ORDERED THE ATTACK, WERE WELL AWARE THAT THE SHIP WAS AMERICAN.

9. I SAW THE FLAG, WHICH HAD VISIBLY IDENTIFIED THE SHIP AS AMERICAN, RIDDLED WITH BULLET HOLES, AND HEARD TESTIMONY THAT MADE IT CLEAR THAT THE ISRAELIS INTENDED THERE BE NO SURVIVORS.

10. NOT ONLY DID THE ISRAELIS ATTACK THE SHIP WITH NAPALM, GUNFIRE, AND MISSILES, ISRAELI TORPEDO BOATS MACHINE-GUNNED THREE LIFEBOATS THAT HAD BEEN LAUNCHED IN AN ATTEMPT BY THE CREW TO SAVE THE MOST SERIOUSLY WOUNDED - A WAR CRIME.

11. ADMIRAL KIDD AND I BOTH FELT IT NECESSARY TO TRAVEL TO ISRAEL TO INTERVIEW THE ISRAELIS WHO TOOK PART IN THE ATTACK. ADMIRAL KIDD TELEPHONED ADMIRAL MCCAIN TO DISCUSS MAKING ARRANGEMENTS. ADMIRAL KIDD LATER TOLD ME THAT ADMIRAL MCCAIN WAS ADAMANT THAT WE WERE NOT TO TRAVEL TO ISRAEL OR CONTACT THE ISRAELIS CONCERNING THIS MATTER.

12. REGRETTABLY, WE DID NOT RECEIVE INTO EVIDENCE AND THE COURT DID NOT CONSIDER ANY OF THE MORE THAN SIXTY WITNESS DECLARATIONS FROM MEN WHO HAD BEEN HOSPITALIZED AND WERE UNABLE TO TESTIFY IN PERSON.

13. I AM OUTRAGED AT THE EFFORTS OF THE APOLOGISTS FOR ISRAEL IN THIS COUNTRY TO CLAIM THAT THIS ATTACK WAS A CASE OF `MISTAKEN IDENTITY.`

14. IN PARTICULAR, THE RECENT PUBLICATION OF JAY CRISTOL`S BOOK, THE LIBERTY INCIDENT, TWISTS THE FACTS AND MISREPRESENTS THE VIEWS OF THOSE OF US WHO INVESTIGATED THE ATTACK.

15. IT IS CRISTOL`S INSIDIOUS ATTEMPT TO WHITEWASH THE FACTS THAT HAS PUSHED ME TO SPEAK OUT.

16. I KNOW FROM PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS I HAD WITH ADMIRAL KIDD THAT PRESIDENT LYNDON JOHNSON AND SECRETARY OF DEFENSE ROBERT MCNAMARA ORDERED HIM TO CONCLUDE THAT THE ATTACK WAS A CASE OF `MISTAKEN IDENTITY` DESPITE OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY.

17. ADMIRAL KIDD TOLD ME, AFTER RETURNING FROM WASHINGTON, D.C. THAT HE HAD BEEN ORDERED TO SIT DOWN WITH TWO CIVILIANS FROM EITHER THE WHITE HOUSE OR THE DEFENSE DEPARTMENT, AND REWRITE PORTIONS OF THE COURT`S FINDINGS.

18. ADMIRAL KIDD ALSO TOLD ME THAT HE HAD BEEN ORDERED TO `PUT THE LID` ON EVERYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH THE ATTACK ON USS LIBERTY. WE WERE NEVER TO SPEAK OF IT AND WE WERE TO CAUTION EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED THAT THEY COULD NEVER SPEAK OF IT AGAIN.

19. I HAVE NO REASON TO DOUBT THE ACCURACY OF THAT STATEMENT AS I KNOW THAT THE COURT OF INQUIRY TRANSCRIPT THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC IS NOT THE SAME ONE THAT I CERTIFIED AND SENT OFF TO WASHINGTON.

20. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE IT WAS NECESSARY, DUE TO THE EXIGENCIES OF TIME, TO HAND CORRECT AND INITIAL A SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF PAGES. I HAVE EXAMINED THE RELEASED VERSION OF THE TRANSCRIPT AND I DID NOT SEE ANY PAGES THAT BORE MY HAND CORRECTIONS AND INITIALS. ALSO, THE ORIGINAL DID NOT HAVE ANY DELIBERATELY BLANK PAGES, AS THE RELEASED VERSION DOES. FINALLY, THE TESTIMONY OF LT. PAINTER CONCERNING THE DELIBERATE MACHINE GUNNING OF THE LIFE RAFTS BY THE ISRAELI TORPEDO BOAT CREWS, WHICH I DISTINCTLY RECALL BEING GIVEN AT THE COURT OF INQUIRY AND INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPT, IS NOW MISSING AND HAS BEEN EXCISED.

21. FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THE COURT OF INQUIRY, ADMIRAL KIDD AND I REMAINED IN CONTACT. THOUGH WE NEVER SPOKE OF THE ATTACK IN PUBLIC, WE DID DISCUSS IT BETWEEN OURSELVES, ON OCCASION. EVERY TIME WE DISCUSSED THE ATTACK, ADMIRAL KIDD WAS ADAMANT THAT IT WAS A DELIBERATE, PLANNED ATTACK ON AN AMERICAN SHIP.

22. IN 1990, I RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM JAY CRISTOL, WHO WANTED TO INTERVIEW ME CONCERNING THE FUNCTIONING OF THE COURT OF INQUIRY. I TOLD HIM THAT I WOULD NOT SPEAK TO HIM ON THAT SUBJECT AND PREPARED TO HANG UP THE TELEPHONE. CRISTOL THEN BEGAN ASKING ME ABOUT MY PERSONAL BACKGROUND AND OTHER, NON-COURT OF INQUIRY RELATED MATTERS. I ENDEAVORED TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND POLITELY EXTRICATE MYSELF FROM THE CONVERSATION. CRISTOL CONTINUED TO RETURN TO THE SUBJECT OF THE COURT OF INQUIRY, WHICH I REFUSED TO DISCUSS WITH HIM. FINALLY, I SUGGESTED THAT HE CONTACT ADMIRAL KIDD AND ASK HIM ABOUT THE COURT OF INQUIRY.

23. SHORTLY AFTER MY CONVERSATION WITH CRISTOL, I RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM ADMIRAL KIDD, INQUIRING ABOUT CRISTOL AND WHAT HE WAS UP TO. THE ADMIRAL SPOKE OF CRISTOL IN DISPARAGING TERMS AND EVEN OPINED THAT `CRISTOL MUST BE AN ISRAELI AGENT.` I DON`T KNOW IF HE MEANT THAT LITERALLY OR IT WAS HIS WAY OF EXPRESSING HIS DISGUST FOR CRISTOL`S HIGHLY PARTISAN, PRO-ISRAELI APPROACH TO QUESTIONS INVOLVING USS LIBERTY.

24. AT NO TIME DID I EVER HEAR ADMIRAL KIDD SPEAK OF CRISTOL OTHER THAN IN HIGHLY DISPARAGING TERMS. I FIND CRISTOL`S CLAIMS OF A `CLOSE FRIENDSHIP` WITH ADMIRAL KIDD TO BE UTTERLY INCREDIBLE. I ALSO FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BELIEVE THE STATEMENTS HE ATTRIBUTES TO ADMIRAL KIDD, CONCERNING THE ATTACK ON USS LIBERTY.

25. SEVERAL YEARS LATER, I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM CRISTOL THAT CONTAINED WHAT HE PURPORTED TO BE HIS NOTES OF OUR PRIOR CONVERSATION. THESE `NOTES` WERE GROSSLY INCORRECT AND BORE NO RESEMBLANCE IN REALITY TO THAT DISCUSSION. I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THESE `NOTES` WERE THE PRODUCT OF A MISTAKE, RATHER THAN AN ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE. I INFORMED CRISTOL THAT I DISAGREED WITH HIS RECOLLECTION OF OUR CONVERSATION AND THAT HE WAS WRONG. CRISTOL MADE SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO ARRANGE FOR THE TWO OF US TO MEET IN PERSON AND TALK BUT I ALWAYS FOUND WAYS TO AVOID DOING THIS. I DID NOT WISH TO MEET WITH CRISTOL AS WE HAD NOTHING IN COMMON AND I DID NOT TRUST HIM.

26. CONTRARY TO THE MISINFORMATION PRESENTED BY CRISTOL AND OTHERS, IT IS IMPORTANT FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT IT IS CLEAR THAT ISRAEL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIBERATELY ATTACKING AN AMERICAN SHIP AND MURDERING AMERICAN SAILORS, WHOSE BEREAVED SHIPMATES HAVE LIVED WITH THIS EGREGIOUS CONCLUSION FOR MANY YEARS.

DATED: JANUARY 8, 2004 AT CORONADO, CALIFORNIA.
WARD BOSTON, JR., CAPTAIN, JAGC, USN (RET.) SENIOR COUNSEL TO THE USS LIBERTY COURT OF INQUIRY

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:47:25 AM by LoneWolf »
"I hardly exaggerate. Jewish life consists of two elements: Extracting money and protesting."
-Nahum Goldmann, Ex-President of the World Jewish Congress

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »
-Ward Boston, Jr., Captain, JAGC, USN (Ret.)
Senior Counsel to the USS Liberty Court of Inquiry at Coronado California
Dated: January 9, 2004

Notice the date, Bagel Nazi...its alot later than 1982

It's also a lot later than June 27, 1999, when Kidd passed away.

As I said, Boston didn't make any of his allegations (as to what Kidd supposedly said) until well-after Kidd's passing.

But here we see Kidd's actual words.

Boston made the story up.

I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 09:43:59 AM »
DECLARATION OF WARD BOSTON, JR., CAPTAIN, JAGC, USN (RET.)

[...]

24. AT NO TIME DID I EVER HEAR ADMIRAL KIDD SPEAK OF CRISTOL OTHER THAN IN HIGHLY DISPARAGING TERMS. I FIND CRISTOL`S CLAIMS OF A `CLOSE FRIENDSHIP` WITH ADMIRAL KIDD TO BE UTTERLY INCREDIBLE. I ALSO FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE TO BELIEVE THE STATEMENTS HE ATTRIBUTES TO ADMIRAL KIDD, CONCERNING THE ATTACK ON USS LIBERTY.

23. SHORTLY AFTER MY CONVERSATION WITH CRISTOL, I RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM ADMIRAL KIDD, INQUIRING ABOUT CRISTOL AND WHAT HE WAS UP TO. THE ADMIRAL SPOKE OF CRISTOL IN DISPARAGING TERMS AND EVEN OPINED THAT `CRISTOL MUST BE AN ISRAELI AGENT.` I DON`T KNOW IF HE MEANT THAT LITERALLY OR IT WAS HIS WAY OF EXPRESSING HIS DISGUST FOR CRISTOL`S HIGHLY PARTISAN, PRO-ISRAELI APPROACH TO QUESTIONS INVOLVING USS LIBERTY.

Letter to Cristol from Admiral Isaac C. Kidd, Jr.

http://www.thelibertyincident.com/docs/Kidd.pdf

Comments on Boston affidavit

http://www.thelibertyincident.com/boston-comments.html

Boston was a dottering old fool. He disgraced himself, and he disgraced the United States Navy.

I'm quite certain that you honestly believe in the purposes of your advocacy... And I am definitely opposed to banishment ~ your mere presence is a testimony to the value of this forum... Your absence would suggest that we are wasting our time here...

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline amalgamy

• Group Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:40 AM »
It's also a lot later than June 27, 1999

Boston made the story up.

Vere is G-d ?!....or the ADL?

Offline Ajax

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
Why is it that every time you israels make a mistake innocent, unsuspecting people end up dead.
"There is no longer any room for hope"

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
Any criticism of Israel,  proves one is certifiably Insane & should be institutionalized, such as Naval Officer Ward Boston whose remarks are obviously Anti Khazar..

Liberty survivor James Ennes, author of the groundbreaking book Assault on the Liberty, also had numerous conversations with Admiral Kidd over the years. Kidd never characterized the attack as an accident. In fact, Ennes says Kidd told him many times, "You are on the right track, Jim. Just keep on probing. Keep on doing what you're doing."

Armed with a gun to protect the evidence, which he had attached to himself with handcuffs, Admiral Kidd, along with Captain Boston took the records to London. As the week allotted for gathering testimony came to an end, the team gathered 20 people to type up the report, which ended up being three inches thick. After all the evidence painstakingly collected was turned over to the U.S. Embassy there, the report may have been altered. "I made lots of corrections which are no longer in the report," Captain Boston told the Washington Report. "There are even pages missing."

A U.S. Embassy official in London told Kidd that he and his men must keep quiet. Ten days after the attack, the Navy's Court of Inquiry, despite all the evidence to the contrary, somehow exonerated Israel and ruled the attack was a case of mistaken identity. Following the Court proceedings in London, Admiral Kidd returned to Washington, DC and called Boston, with whom he was very close. "We have to be quiet," he said. "We can't talk to the media."

"LBJ [President Lyndon B. Johnson] had ordered us to put the lid on it. Don't talk about it," Boston told the Washington Report. "And after 35 years of active duty, when I get an order, even from a yellow-bellied superior, I follow those orders. All this time I've kept quiet until this [explicative deleted, Cristol] book came out."

After years of obeying those orders, Captain Boston broke his silence on June 26, 2002, when he told Marine Corps Times reporter Bryant Jordan the attack was deliberate (see "Israel Attack on USS Liberty ÔNo Accident' Says Helms" published in the Navy Times July 2, 2002).

Boston said he just had to speak out after reading Cristol's claim that Kidd, in interviews conducted in the early 1990s, had said Israel's attack was not intentional. The captain told the Washington Report that he finds it hard to believe Cristol's version of interviews with the now deceased Admiral Kidd, a man Boston greatly admired. "Admiral Kidd called me two hours after an interview with Cristol," Boston related, "and said, ÔI think Cristol's an Israeli agent.'"

According to Boston, both he and Admiral Kidd always believed that, despite the Court's official conclusion, the Israelis knew the ship was American. "I have strong patriotic feelings," he explained. "I believe the CIA slogan, Ôthe truth will out,' and hate the Israeli Mossad's motto: ÔWin By Deception.'"

"Madder Than Hell"

"Cristol now says I recanted my interview with the Navy Times. That makes me madder than hell," Boston said. "I have not recanted one thing. If anything, now I'm going to speak out louder than before and tell people what Admiral Kidd told me. He and I were very close. He said, Ôthose sons of bitches knew what they were doing when they killed innocent sunbathing kids. They tried to sink that ship.'" Cristol may now be kicking himself for waxing so eloquently about Boston's qualifications and skills, and calling him a "man of integrity" on pg. 149 of his book.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:obUknvt9k8AJ:www.unitedstatesgovernment.net/israelsattackonussliberty.htm+kidd+uss+liberty&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

"I hardly exaggerate. Jewish life consists of two elements: Extracting money and protesting."

Offline Ajax

• Lieutenant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:31 AM »
Right, critical thought of khazar motive and action could result with an individual becoming black balled and eventually winding up as one of their unexplainable mistakes.
"There is no longer any room for hope"

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »
Why is it that every time you israels make a mistake innocent, unsuspecting people end up dead.

Blue on blue happens in war. The Israelis have shot up their own troops before. Americans have shot up theirs.

This is a case where Israelis and Americans happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and people died.

As I say, it happens.

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 11:00:44 AM »
Any criticism of Israel,  proves one is certifiably Insane & should be institutionalized, such as Naval Officer Ward Boston whose remarks are obviously Anti Khazar..

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:obUknvt9k8AJ:www.unitedstatesgovernment.net/israelsattackonussliberty.htm+kidd+uss+liberty&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

"[There was] no hard U.S. evidence ... absolutely nothing to support the conclusion that the attack was intentional."

"I know some people were unhappy about the inquiry [the 1967 Navy Court of Inquiry, which concluded that the attack on the USS Liberty was the result of mistaken identity]. Every witness had his viewpoint of one particular aspect of the incident, which he thinks is important `” but he did not see the complete picture."

Both of the statements above came directly from Admiral Kidd.

Ward Boston didn't start shooting his mouth off as to how Kidd supposedly felt until after the Admiral died in 1999. Probably because he knew that Kidd would come out to contradict his affidavit while he was still alive. In any case, the entire thing is hearsay (i.e., fiction, bullsh*t, etc.).

Admiral Kidd was an honorable man who served his country well. Boston wound up disgracing himself and the Navy by affixing his name to that toilet paper of an affidavit, after having originally signed off on the Inquiry's findings back in 1967. By doing this, he was, in effect, saying that he lied to the American people and that he failed to fulfill his duty to his country as a duly appointed officer of the Navy Court.

Today, the only question is whether he was lying then, or was he lying in 2004.

Personally, I'm going with Admiral Kidd's own statements on the matter.

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 11:17:35 AM »
Gelignite...Are you stupid, or do you just practice alot?

USS Liberty Veteran's Association Announces War Crime Report Filed Against Israel
Friday, June 10 at 1 p.m., Hotel Washington, 515 15th St. NW, Washington Room 11th floor (hit R for roof in elevator), Moe Shafer, board member of the USS Liberty Veterans Association and Rear Admiral Merlin Staring, USN, Ret., Former Judge Advocate General of the Navy who was involved with the initial Court of Inquiry investigating the attack in 1967 will present details of the "Report of War Crimes" brief filed on behalf of the USS Liberty Veteran's Association concerning the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty.

The "Report" was filed with by James R. Gotcher.

U.S. Author/Investigator Charges Intentional Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty
The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, July 31, 2001

INVESTIGATOR CHARGES INTENTIONAL ISRAELI ATTACK ON THE USS LIBERTY

James Bamford, author of Body of Secrets, about the ultra-secret National Security Agency, charged Israel with a deliberate attack on the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967. Speaking at Washington's National Press Club on May 22, Bamford vigorously refuted Israel's "tragic accident" explanation for attacking the Liberty, killing 34 Americans and wounding 171 as the electronic spy ship steamed 13 miles off Egypt's Sinai coast during the 1967 Arab-Israeli war.
Pointing out that virtually No one at the 32,000-employee NSA believed the Israeli "explanation," author Bamford noted that on June 8.

CIA Director Helms was not the only administration official who remained convinced that the attack was deliberate. In 1990, in his memoirs, Secretary of State Rusk observed:
"But I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation.
Their sustained attack to disable and sink Liberty precluded an assault by accident or some trigger-happy local commander. Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations.
I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous."

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:43 AM »
That there is compelling evidence that Israel's attack was a deliberate attempt to destroy an American ship and kill her entire crew; evidence of such intent is supported by statements from Secretary of State Dean Rusk, Undersecretary of State George Ball, former CIA director Richard Helms, former NSA directors Lieutenant General William Odom, USA (Ret.), Admiral Bobby Ray Inman, USN (Ret.), and Marshal Carter; former NSA deputy directors Oliver Kirby and Major General John Morrison, USAF (Ret.); and former Ambassador Dwight Porter, U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon in 1967

57] Ram Ron Report, Exhibit 8-5:

"Lieut. Col. Shmuel testifies that the Air Force was ordered to attack the ship after it had been identified as a warship by the Naval Force. From the evidence submitted by the Naval Force, this point lacks clarity and it seems that the order given was to attack the ship after its identification as a warship and it is not clear whether the intention was that the absolute identification as a warship was to be made by an additional identification by the pilots, or that the identification as a warship by the Naval Force based on the ship`s speed was to suffice."

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
On the strength of intercept transcripts of pilots' conversations during the attack, the question of the attack's deliberateness "just wasn't a disputed issue" within the agency.
      -- Lieutenant General William E. Odom, former director, National Security Agency, interview with David Walsh on March 3, 2003, reported in Naval Institute Proceedings, June, 2003

"It's an American ship!" the pilot of an Israeli Mirage fighter-bomber radioed Tel Aviv as he sighted the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967. Israeli headquarters ordered the pilot to attack the American ship.
      -- former US Ambassador to Lebanon Dwight Porter describing transcripts of communications he saw, reported in syndicated column "Remembering the Liberty" by Rowland Evans and Robert Novak, November 6, 1991.

Book reviews transcripts of communications during the attack which establish that the attack was deliberate.
      -- Israel's Wars, 1947-1993, by Ahron Bregman

Several Air Force intelligence analysts who have come forward to report that they saw real-time transcripts of communications from the attacking forces which show clearly that they were aware they were attacking an American ship. Others who saw these transcripts include Dwight Porter and Oliver Kirby, mentioned above, and several top officials of the American intelligence community.
      -- Former US Air Force intelligence analysts Ron Gotcher, Steve Forslund, Richard Block and pilot Charles Tiffany

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:kNz7rFrlVWgJ:www.ussliberty.org/supporters.htm+uss+liberty+pilot+transcripts&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
Gelignite...Are you stupid, or do you just practice alot?

You're the one who's getting his ass kicked here, virtually-speaking.

So far, everything you've been posting has either been discredited or proven false.

U.S. Author/Investigator Charges Intentional Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty...

James Bamford (the author in question) dismantled here:

http://hnn.us/articles/369.html

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »
57] Ram Ron Report, Exhibit 8-5:

"Lieut. Col. Shmuel testifies that the Air Force was ordered to attack the ship after it had been identified as a warship by the Naval Force. From the evidence submitted by the Naval Force, this point lacks clarity and it seems that the order given was to attack the ship after its identification as a warship and it is not clear whether the intention was that the absolute identification as a warship was to be made by an additional identification by the pilots, or that the identification as a warship by the Naval Force based on the ship`s speed was to suffice."

You're just cutting and pasting anything you can get your hands on at this point, aren't you? Too bad you're not taking the time to actually comprehend what it is your reading.

Hint: The USS Liberty was not a "warship". It was a spy ship. So, according to what you just posted, the Israelis misidentified the ship.

And such misidentification was the undelying basis for their attack.

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »
I just have one thing to say.  Israel/Jews/bolsheviks/zionists attacked a US Ship during their only war.  What failures.

Six day war.

Next time we will send nukes rather than a passive ship.  And there will be a next time, so go make aliyah.
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 11:57:43 AM »
"It's an American ship!" the pilot of an Israeli Mirage fighter-bomber radioed Tel Aviv as he sighted the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967. Israeli headquarters ordered the pilot to attack the American ship.
      -- former US Ambassador to Lebanon Dwight Porter describing transcripts of communications he saw, reported in syndicated column "Remembering the Liberty" by Rowland Evans and Robert Novak, November 6, 1991.

Book reviews transcripts of communications during the attack which establish that the attack was deliberate.
      -- Israel's Wars, 1947-1993, by Ahron Bregman

Once again, it seems you're just mindlessly cutting/pasting anything you can get a hold of at this point. Nevermind that some of the things you've been posting actually contradict one another. Take the above-quoted, for instance.

The exchange that Dwight Porter describes (based on some supposed "communications" he remembers seeing), is nowhere to be found in the Bregman transcripts of communications you subsequently cite. In fact, and with little variation, the Bregman transcripts to which you refer are identical to the ones found in the appendix of Cristol's book, according to which the Israeli pilots were ordered by their controllers to "leave her" (i.e., break off the attack) as soon as they indicated to the effect that it might be an American ship sailing below them.

So, once again, you're actually making the case for the Israelis here.

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline Unterhund

• Senior Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
There was no such Israeli pilot. The story has long-since been thoroughly discredited.

Turns out the guy was a criminal who was looking to make a deal for time served. Even the Liberty Veterans Accociation is skeptical regarding this story.

Give it up Walt. You're clearly out of your depth here.

Do not get worked up, gelignite!

Look who you are dealing with.

Already they are seriously blaming Israel for the plane crash in New York.

It was a Mossad Goose.

If their toilet backs up, it was a Mossad plot.

Offline gelignite

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »
I just have one thing to say.

You always have one thing to say - and it's the same thing, over and over again.

Why don't you run along, now, and let the grown-ups talk, huh?

-WindRiverShoshoni (RIP)

Offline WaltDisney

• Troll
  • General of the Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »
Gelignite....You seem to  suffer from a rectal cranial inversion

And centuries of inbreeding, causing cerebral  & genetic defects...Lying is just one such defect

Im Jew Wise pal, none of your nonsense works with me

My only 'contradiction' has been typing to an inbred Mongol & thinking such creature was rational

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
I maybe a dumb goil but I've got your number. ;)

find your canned response here

I just have one thing to say:

Israel is a thief of the nation of Palestine and Israel blew up an entire US ship in a six pathetic day war.  You think you won the "war?"  at our expense?
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!