Author Topic: Scientology guards kill sword-wielding man in LA  (Read 1568 times)

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Scientology guards kill sword-wielding man in LA
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
I use to work on the top floor of the building across the street, as you see it is a birds eye view of the Scientology Complex.. I had no clue what it was about but you could see the "stars" going in and out of the place.

Hannah Strange
A security guard at a Scientology building in Hollywood has shot dead a man brandishing two Samurai swords, apparently a former member of the controversial church.

The unidentified man approached three guards around 1.30pm yesterday in the car park of the Scientology Celebrity Centre, reportedly swinging the weapons and making threatening sounds. Police said he was `close enough to hurt them` when one of the guards shot him, Los Angeles Deputy Police Chief Terry S. Hara said.

The man, in his forties, was taken to hospital where he died from his wounds.

Surveillance footage confirmed the guards` claim that they had acted in self-defence, police said. However officers are investigating whether the guard, from a private security firm, was licensed to carry a weapon.

The would-be attacker had a previous relationship with the Church of Scientology though his exact motive is as yet unclear.

The video showed the man pulling up at the building in a red convertible, then approaching the guards with a sword in each hand, Mr Hara said.

`The evidence itself, it`s very, very clear,` he continued. `The security officers were defending their safety.`

A teenager who saw the man arrive told The Los Angeles Times that he was bald and had tattoos on his arms. Tony Marquez, 17, said he stopped the car abruptly in the driveway and climbed out with a 5-foot sword in his hand and an angry expression on his face. He walked toward the building, before returning to the car to get the other sword. Mr Marquez, from Ontario, said he thought the man was part of a "show" and entered the building before the shooting began.

Detective Wendi Berndt said the man was involved with the church a long time ago. `There was a previous relationship, but it is unclear to what degree,` she said.

The Celebrity Centre includes a seven-story Norman-revival landmark that towers over the Hollywood freeway and used to be a residential hotel for movie stars.

The castle-like facility now serves as `a home for the artist, a place where he can come and learn, attend seminars, meet other artists and even perform at our many showcases and events,` according to the centre`s website.

The Church of Scientology was established in 1945 by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard and now claims 10 million members around the world, including celebrity devotees Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirsty Allie.

It has attracted controversy for its belief system `“ which teaches that people`s immortal souls, or thetans, lived among extraterrestrial cultures before being trapped in human bodies on Earth by the galactic dictator Xenu 75 million years ago. It has also faced repeated accusations of harassment, smear campaigns and even violence against former members and critics and is currently fighting a lawsuit in France over allegations of fraud and misleading publicity.

In recent years, Scientology has found itself under attack from the group Anonymous, an internet-organised global movement which has declared a `war` on the church. Anonymous forums and message boards were today buzzing with speculation over the shooting, suggesting that the man was either a member of a more militant anti-Scientology group or a disturbed individual acting alone, but anticipating accusations of Anonymous involvement.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5223393.ece
I have the entire uncensored version downloaded.
Thanks guys!

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Scientology guards kill sword-wielding man in LA
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
From Sushigirl on another thread.

The power of celebrity testimonial

By his account, Tom Cruise owes his cool head, defeat of dyslexia and, in a way, his
     unstoppable stardom to Scientology.

In founding Scientology in 1951, L. Ron Hubbard carved out a special place for artists,
     which led to the creation of lavish Scientology Celebrity Centres, which now make up
     11 of 5,100 churches.

"A culture is only as great as its dreams, and its dreams are dreamed by artists,"
     Hubbard said.

Others on the roster include John Travolta, musicians Chick Corea, Lisa Marie Presley
     and Beck (who was reared as a Scientologist) as well as Kirstie Alley, who credits
     Narconon for ending her cocaine addiction.
Thanks guys!

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »

That looks like they cannot even get their dates right.  ::)
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".
...Anyone who challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with.

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 06:17:04 PM »
Were they in Germany when Hitler was alive?  I always thought Scientology was new as in 1990's/2000's.
Thanks guys!

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »
Were they in Germany when Hitler was alive?  I always thought Scientology was new as in 1990's/2000's.

IF there were any Scientologists -- they may not have been organized. Hitler did persecute Jehovah's Witnesses.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Berlin Politicians Attack Cruise, Scientology
      The German Defense Ministry has said it will not permit Tom Cruise to film scenes in a movie
      about a plot to kill Hitler at historical World War II sites in Berlin. The reason: Politicians don't
      want Germany to be seen as promoting the Scientology cult..... More at the link

http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-and-occult/der-spiegel-scientology-nazis.htm

Jews and Scientologists

Contrary to what the Church of Scientology affirms, current-day Germany is not a Nazi-like State. It is hard to escape the fact, however, that some of the statements made by German officials, and some of the measures taken, are strikingly similar to what happened during the 1930's, at least in spirit if not in deed.

The following statements is a selection taken from a CoS' report. I let the reader judge the appropriateness or inappropriateness of the comparison.

Accusations

World Domination

Jews:
"The striving of the Jewish people for world domination."
                     Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Scientologists:
"Scientology is striving for world domination."
                     Claudia Nolte, Minister for Youth and Family
                     Affairs, April 1996

Jews:
"The Jews are our destruction ... What they mean to achieve by it is to destroy the German state and nation. This plan must be frustrated."
                     Joseph Goebbels - Reichminister of propaganda,
                     November 1941

Scientologists:
[Scientology pursues] secret campaigns of conquest unknown to the public... we must use all available means to uncover Scientologists. We must resist them.... We must form a chain of defense.
                     Norbert Bluem, Federal Minister of Labor, May

Economic Infiltration

Jews:
In economics he [the Jew] undermines the state.
                     Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Scientologists:
Scientology... is secretly undermining the economy.
                     Norbert Bluem, Federal Minister of Labor, May

Jews:
The Jewish influence on economic affairs grows with terrifying speed.
                     Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Scientologists:
Scientology wants to infiltrate the trade and the industry in order to get a grip on the economy.
                     Claudia Nolte, Minister for Family Affairs, January

A State within the State

Jews:
"Consequently, this people [the Jews] has always formed a state within a state. It is one of the most ingenious tricks that was ever devised, to make this state sail under the flag of "religion.""
                     Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Scientologists:
"It is a state within a state and has to be combated. Each of its members is a citizen of the Scientology state. The aim is to take over the planet."
                     Ursula Caberta, Hamburg Ministry of the Interior
                     August 10, 1996

Ostracism:

The above pictures come from a
Freedom article.

Jews:
"The most important Chamber of Commerce in Germany has thus become "Jew-free.""
                     Voelkischer Beobachter (People's Observer) April
                     3, 1933

Scientologists:
"The Young Union [of the Christian Democratic Union] demands, inter alia, that the administration of Lower Saxony becomes a "Scientology-free zone.""
                     Nord West Zeitung, April 23, 1996

Jews:
"Anyone who still maintains social relations with him [the Jew] is one of them."
                     Joseph Goebbels, Reichminister of Propaganda,
                     November 1941

Scientologists:
"We need an all-out social ostracism of the Scientology sect." Susan Eisenmann, CDU Member of Parliament,
                     Baden Wuerttemberg, July 1992

Discrimination

Civil Service

Jews:
"One of the major reasons why the old Prussian state was such a clean one was that the Jews were granted only a very limited access to the civil service."
                     Adolf Hitler, Letter to Hindenburg, 1933

Scientologists:
"The Bavarian State government is planning to no longer accept Scientologists in the public service.... Applicants for public service... shall declare, in writing, that they are not connected to Scientology, starting in November."
                     Der Spiegel magazine, August 12, 1996

Jews:
"[T]he Bavarian Ministry of Justice ordered that Jewish judges be replaced in criminal and disciplinary cases and that Jews be prohibited from serving as prosecutors."
                     from The War Against the Jews, 1933-1945 by Lucy
                     S. Dawidowicz

Scientologists:
"Membership in the Scientology Organization is not compatible with service in the public sector."
                     Johannes Gerster CDU Party spokesman, June

Jews:
"Jews are denied the right to hold public office or civil service positions."
                     Reichminister of Interior Frick, 1933
                     Reichsgesetzblatt, page 277

Scientologists:
"Under the new Bavarian regulations, people who have had links with Scientology in the past ... have to demonstrate renunciation of them in order to qualify for employment falling under state authority...."
                     Agence France Press, November 1, 1996

General

Jews:
"The inhabitants of this village want nothing to do with Jews."
                     Billboard slogan issued by Nazi District Propaganda
                     Offices in the 1930s

Scientologists:
"The renting of buildings owned by the government to Scientologists or their companies must be prevented. This would constitute some first measures to stop the further spreading of the Scientologists in this city."
                     Antje Bumenthal, Christian Democratic Union April

Schools

Jews:
Professor Wolfgang Windelband, a Jewish lecturer, was ordered by his university to leave his position and take an inferior one in another city. He confided to a friend that he would rather resign than make the journey, "If I went, there would be Hitler Youth demonstrations against me, no students would register for my work, and in a few months I would be dismissed."

Scientologists:
A 55-year-old teacher took up a new position in a primary school near Hanover. When it was learned that she is a Scientologist, her classes were boycotted. She was dismissed from teaching and forced to take up an administrative post.

Jews:
Students used firecrackers, stink bombs and tear gas to protest lectures by Jewish professors. University administrators expelled not the troublemakers but the professors.

Scientologists:
Using government propaganda against Scientology, a local priest incited the community against a teacher because of her religion, Scientology. Despite an excellent record, the school authorities dismissed her from teaching and she will never hold another class.

Jews:
Nazi "enlightenment" aimed at schoolchildren in the 1930s included "Get the Jews Out!"-a game in which Jews were to be driven out of Germany. More than a million copies were sold in 1938.

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/sc/ostra.htm (06/26/2007) Continued at the link.
"At any given moment there is an orthodoxy, a body of ideas which it is assumed all right-thinking people will accept without question. It is not exactly forbidden to state this or that or the other, but it is "not done".

Offline Railroad Bum

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »

Scientology was invented by a science fiction writer named Hubbard in the 1950's.
"Hi, Mom, this is Mark Bingham!...you believe me don't you?"

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

I saw that too... I assumed that they began earlier, but were not organized. Anyway, I am pretty
sure they would have not fared too well. I also read a while back, that there are people who would
rather see them gone, now. Merkel protects them. (of course)

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »
Well, he ended up with quite a cast.
Thanks guys!

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:09 PM »
Thanks!

That was work which needed done, happy someone took the time to do it.  Clever they left it up to the reader to decide if it is good or bad.
Thanks guys!

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 10:26:51 PM »
Thanks!

That was work which needed done, happy someone took the time to do it.  Clever they left it up to the reader to decide if it is good or bad.

You're welcome, we all learn from it. Yeah, with a little time, it's amazing what is out there, in cyberspace.

Offline Railroad Bum

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »
I drove by that Scientology joint last year. It's in Hollywood, CA. If people have an idea that Hollwood is a glamorous place they are wrong. It is now mostly very seedy and decrepid.  Only a little more than 1/2 of its population is non-hispanic white.

Offline Sue

• Veteran
  • Thumbs Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 11:12:36 PM »
I drove by that Scientology joint last year. It's in Hollywood, CA. If people have an idea that Hollwood is a glamorous place they are wrong. It is now mostly very seedy and decrepid. Only a little more than 1/2 of its population is non-hispanic white.

I have not been down that way for a while, RRB, but I believe you. I was already shocked driving from Sacramento
to Tahoe. Everywhere I looked, garbage on the highway, and TRAFFIC... Many changes since the eighties, too
many people. 

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 04:00:59 AM »
You're welcome, we all learn from it. Yeah, with a little time, it's amazing what is out there, in cyberspace

Yes but it is finding it!  It is always a delight to find a piece of gold nugget like that one. 
Thanks guys!

Offline america

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 04:31:10 AM »
I worked in the building across the street you can see it in the pic.  I had no idea what Scientology was, I thought it was a New Age Hospital.   I was right in a way.  My co-workers didn't really know either when I asked them what it was, they said they thought it was some sort of hospital for movie stars.  I saw John Travolta, one time getting out of his car.  They would have what must have been "fund raisers,"  tents would be set up and lots of extravaganza in the back.

The entire area is scary.  I would be walking over bodies as I went to my car after work,  as an American I stuck out like a sore thumb.  My plan was to go to California and then Hawaii.   I came back home after three months in California.  I felt like I was a Filipino slave.  I made many Filipino friends but the overall personality of them were racists.  I asked one of my Filipino friends if it was my imagination or were they being racists, he said "No, you're right and I'm sorry they act like that."

There was a pecking order, Philippines were in charge, then blacks, then whites, then Mexicans.  They didn't hire Mexicans but if they had them as clients they would treat them disrespectful.  The blacks and Filipinos seemed to unite.

My friends came out to see me, the guy said he "wanted off this street."   I told him this is "Hollywood Blvd!"  He said he didn't care, he went back to the apt.
My girlfriend and I shopped and was stunned when a guy came over to me and started to shake my hand and introduce himself and all these plain clothes security jumped from out of no where.  I gasped.  And the one looked at me like I had blown his cover and just gave a grin.

I don't know what the "handshaker" was going to do but when I gasped, he just shook my hand.  The security went back into blending in.  I had no idea they were around.  They must have been following us for awhile as I think the guy had been following us for awhile.

What I'm saying is they look after tourists but it is very seedy.  Lots of prostitutes and drug addicts.  The view from the television set is so different.  LOL

We went to Santa Monica that night and something about my girlfriend p.o Hispanics.  A group of hispanic girls followed us as we were going across the beach, saying things like "Americana" "Slash her face."   I told her to walk, don't look back, just keep walking and a little faster.  Luckily the hispanic girls were short and fat.

Famous Black Rappers tried to pick us up, traffic parted for them as they moved up from the back line of traffic on the Malibu Highway, stuck in traffic from mudslides.

I made her go with me to Skid Row.  LOL.
They stopped right at our passenger side.  Wanting us to go to a party.   :o  They were like, "where you from?"

We stuck out and everyday it was like this.  Three months, I said C ya!

No place like home. :D
Thanks guys!

Offline Railroad Bum

• Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 06:52:04 AM »
Pretty pretty bad.  I'm surprised to hear you say that Filipinos were so powerful there, or was that just in the establishment in which you worked?  I'm from NY, NY and I know all the very worst parts of the city all too well.  Hollywood looked like the Bronx.  I heard that they are trying to yuppify parts of it now.

Offline FrontierJustice

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »
http://www.lermanet.com/cisar/carto/index.htm

This link is kind of interesting, re: The Church of Scientology, Willis Carto, The Spotlight, etc
Notice where the article mentions
Church of Scientology International Public Affairs Officer Alex Jones
Is that the Alex Jones? haha

Just found this, but bah http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/alex_jones_promotes_scientologist.html

Yeah, a friend of mine once pretended that he was interested in Scientology, and went into one of their offices. He just acted kind of troubled, like he was interested because he was lost. They kept asking him if he felt depressed in all sorts of different ways, and they just really kept hammering him on that. They put him through this whole weird indoctrination where they showed this hypnotic video, like Clockwork Orange or something. He recorded the entire experience on a voice-recorder and listening to it was a crack-up.

Also, re: the IHR, I must add
http://thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others-Jewish&CIAInvolvementInTheIHRCoup.html